• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    They're all registered right? I mean if Uncle sugar gets his $200 they would be OK...

Apply purple liberally as you see fit.

Predatory feral humans doing unlawful predatory things with wanton disregard for others. This is my shocked face.

It's NOT the hardware, it's the PERSON and the BEHAVIOR!
    Yeah, we know it is the person and the behavior.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I still have 2 .40 Glocks and am actually wanting another .40 but Sig or S&W.
    I've got a new Glock 23 Gen 5 that I really like. The slide is thicker and a bit heavier on the Gen 5 40 pistols, which really tames the recoil. My other 40 pistols are M&Ps and a Sig P320 compact with an aluminum AXG frame, which is probably something of a unicorn. The Sig is my favorite, sort of a striker fired P229.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I notice the news reporting frequently reports suspects arrested with "illegal automatic weapons." Wonder how many of these are repeat offenders?

Not sure about repeat offending stats, I do know that many have never applied for a LTCH and are not considered "prohibited persons" under the current law. Using guns that were never reported as stolen. We used to be able to hem them up for carrying w/o a license or stolen firearm as minimum charges when the witnesses/victims to the Agg Assault, Crim reck, attempt homicide, decide to stop cooperating and those charges get dropped Now we rarely have that. Shootings are out of control and only getting worse. My prediction....with the exploding road rage shootings, drive by into houses, the drive through random neighborhoods firing in the air at night, the ambush shootings, mall shootings, etc, that politicians will feel pressured into "doing something" and the low hanging fruit has always, and will always be, firearms.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not sure about repeat offending stats, I do know that many have never applied for a LTCH and are not considered "prohibited persons" under the current law. Using guns that were never reported as stolen. We used to be able to hem them up for carrying w/o a license or stolen firearm as minimum charges when the witnesses/victims to the Agg Assault, Crim reck, attempt homicide, decide to stop cooperating and those charges get dropped Now we rarely have that. Shootings are out of control and only getting worse. My prediction....with the exploding road rage shootings, drive by into houses, the drive through random neighborhoods firing in the air at night, the ambush shootings, mall shootings, etc, that politicians will feel pressured into "doing something" and the low hanging fruit has always, and will always be, firearms.

Thanks for the info.

I guess my question is that if the Glock switch "automatic machinegun" criminals are not prosecuted for having and or using these switches, why wouldn't they just do it again? Are they doing it again, or do we even have a way to know?

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I notice the news reporting frequently reports suspects arrested with "illegal automatic weapons." Wonder how many of these are repeat offenders?

Probably a lot are repeat offenders especially because of the “catch and release” promulgated by libtard politicians, prosecutors who don’t know their butt hole from a hole in the ground and judges who don’t use their inherent power to lock up these miscreants, Period.
    I just do not get this whole situation wherein the courts, being the last line of “defense” against these criminals are not taking a firmer stand especially on bail, ankle monitors and house arrest. Just irresponsible!!!:runaway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I do know that many have never applied for a LTCH and are not considered "prohibited persons" under the current law.
    Do you agree with constitutional carry for Indiana residents? Do you think the lack of requirement for LTCH contributes to the increase of illegal automatic weapons being used nefariously?
    We used to be able to hem them up for carrying w/o a license or stolen firearm
    Wouldn't this require the the person being hem'd to have committed crime? I thought the simple carrying of a firearm wasn't enough probable cause for a stop/interaction/investigation.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Thanks for the info.

I guess my question is that if the Glock switch "automatic machinegun" criminals are not prosecuted for having and or using these switches, why wouldn't they just do it again? Are they doing it again, or do we even have a way to know?

Shooting up people is generally shooting up people with or without an automatic, unless a MWD is involved. So the possession of a switch is a lower charge. So at times those charges get left off. And even if they don’t when they have 6 charges the time in prison is generally concurrently served.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Do you agree with constitutional carry for Indiana residents? Do you think the lack of requirement for LTCH contributes to the increase of illegal automatic weapons being used nefariously?
    I'm indifferent to it. Indiana is a shall issue so big whoop. What I used to hope was that those seeking a LTCH, going through the process, MIGHT learn something about the legalities of self protection. My fear now, with justification, is that every lazy "low information voter" dingleberry carrying/pointing/shooting without one once of knowledge. It's as important, if not MORE important, than range time.
    Wouldn't this require the the person being hem'd to have committed crime? I thought the simple carrying of a firearm wasn't enough probable cause for a stop/interaction/investigation.
    Yes, we arrest someone for crim reck (shooting at someone). They had no license to carry. So we add the lesser charge so when the victim disappears, we have something to prosecute.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm indifferent to it. Indiana is a shall issue so big whoop. What I used to hope was that those seeking a LTCH, going through the process, MIGHT learn something about the legalities of self protection. My fear now, with justification, is that every lazy "low information voter" dingleberry carrying/pointing/shooting without one once of knowledge. It's as important, if not MORE important, than range time.

^^THIS^^

I teach a lot of intro handgun classes and have had folks outright want to argue when they are informed what could or will land them in jail. They have zero clue and /or watch way to much tv.

They are some of the same range patrons with tricked out guns (most that malfunction) boasting 1 dimensional scenarios where they are always the victor.

Like Dude it isn’t going to happen like that and if it does you’re going to be dead or in handcuffs. But whatever!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Shooting up people is generally shooting up people with or without an automatic, unless a MWD is involved. So the possession of a switch is a lower charge. So at times those charges get left off. And even if they don’t when they have 6 charges the time in prison is generally concurrently served.

Right, but Denny is mentioning that without LTCH requirement and or stolen guns, a lot of criminals cannot be arrested/charged. I'm just wondering if possession of the switch alone is enough of a crime for arrest and prosecution?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    HA... A Glock 29 would be a HANDFUL with a switch...
    Thinking the same thing. during a drive by, folks on the 2nd and 3rd floors quickly become collateral damage even though the target was on the sidewalk. :):

And what DOES happen to those switch bearers? Its a federal charge. Are the feds even prosecuting? Are our prosecutors able to nail them? (not like they presently do care at all)

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And what DOES happen to those switch bearers? Its a federal charge. Are the feds even prosecuting? Are our prosecutors able to nail them? (not like they presently do care at all)
    They are probably too tied up worrying about millions of law abiding citizens with legally purchased evil braced pistols to put any effort into charging actual thugs with ****ing machine guns on our streets.

Top Bottom