• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    K
    Exactly! What if just one of a carload of thugs decided they had nothing to lose by engaging officers? Then it's on, right?

NSFW!!!

Can't they bring federal charges for the machine guns?
    They sure would if it were me or you!

But these just disadvantaged poor yutes from disenfranchised groups that are at the intersectionality of success and oppression just crying out for help.
    I'm sure they plan on doing something someday.:lmfao::lol2:

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    There is no Indiana law that criminalizes the possession of a switch NOT installed on a pistol.

Sorry for the late reply in the thread, but I refrained from browsing this thread for reasons.

We were informed in the most recent in-service that you CAN charge for possession of a machinegun under Indiana law for an uninstalled switch, if you can articulate constructive possession. Theoretically, like a switch is in the center console of a vehicle and driver has a Glock on him. It is within arms reach, and it takes only seconds to install and uninstall. We have had a successful charge with a situation similar to this on our district.

Last edited:

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Apparently a guy was arrested at Castleton Mall with a gun that had a Glock switch (or whatever they want to call them) today.

To settle all the speculation in this thread. The individual was arrested for trespass due to being told to leave for having a firearm, then REENTERED the mall.

During a search incident to arrest (all arrestees are searched), a Glock with an installed switch was discovered on his person.

No one in this thread is at risk of being arrested for going to a mall in Marion county while armed. Asked to leave, leave and don't come back.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    If that prosecutor isn't doing anything but letting those thugs go, why hasn't anything been done to remove him from office? I mean, damn..same thug in the reports for same thing and at a school to top it off. Seems the prosecutor is obstructing justice more than anything and giving the 2A a very bad rap.
    Something was done, his constituents re-elected him.

May the same constituents get to wallow in the copious quantity of feral human scum he continually recycles into their community.

Something something, reap what you sow.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm all for extendo 33 rd clip-o-zines. Makes it easier to land a lucky shot and hit the mag, spraying all the rounds out.

Check out the one on the right.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    To settle all the speculation in this thread. The individual was arrested for trespass due to being told to leave for having a firearm, then REENTERED the mall.

A search incident to arrest (all arrestees are search), a Glock with an installed switch was discovered on his person.

No one in this thread is at risk of being arrested for going to a mall in Marion county while armed. Asked to leave, leave and don't come back.
    Thank you for the additional details. Are you able to say whether he was asked to leave because he was in possession of a gun? Or was he asked to leave for other reasons? I'm not asking for the other reason(s) per se. Just curious if it was the gun possession that initially drew attention. Again, I really find it helpful when those in the know fill in some of the blanks surrounding local news stories. Otherwise, without those details, those of us who actually try to follow the rules the best we can, are sometimes left feeling like we're no better than the dip**** in this story. If a cop asks me to leave a mall, my walk to the nearest exit will be brisk.

We have had a successful charge with this on our district.
    This, I assume, leaves some hope that Mears might actually charge the five gentlemen for being in possession of illegal machine guns.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Thank you for the additional details. Are you able to say whether he was asked to leave because he was in possession of a gun? Or was he asked to leave for other reasons? I'm not asking for the other reason(s) per se. Just curious if it was the gun possession that initially drew attention. Again, I really find it helpful when those in the know fill in some of the blanks surrounding local news stories. Otherwise, without those details, those of us who actually try to follow the rules the best we can, are sometimes left feeling like we're no better than the dip**** in this story. If a cop asks me to leave a mall, my walk to the nearest exit will be brisk.

This, I assume, leaves some hope that Mears might actually charge the five gentlemen for being in possession of illegal machine guns.

Sorry, I won't go into deeper details publicly.

And as for hope about charges. Don't hold your breath. Even if charges stick, no meaningful sentences will be handed out by the judges.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sorry for the late reply in the thread, but I refrained from browsing this thread for reasons.

We were informed in the most recent in-service that you CAN charge for possession of a machinegun under Indiana law for an uninstalled switch, if you can articulate constructive possession. Theoretically, like a switch is in the center console of a vehicle and driver has a Glock on him. It is within arms reach, and it takes only seconds to install and uninstall. We have had a successful charge with a situation similar to this on our district.
    It's very hard but yes, basically, it's charging them with machine gun possession. However, Federal Law it is illegal to manufacture/possess a unregistered sear (that is basally what it is) regardless of proximity to a firearm. We do not have a law that prohibits the manufacture or possession of machine gun sears.

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    Police action shooting today around 58th and Binford. Perp shot at his wife’s car and was tracked down to the area. Car crash and the he ran and the police neutralized him. Gun found at the scene was a Glock with a fun stick and Glock Switch. My point is until the ATF can seize all the Glock Switches used by the felons illegally possessing handguns that go around shooting at their ex spouse and police officers that they not commit any resources to seizing law abiding, tax paying citizens pistol braces. Share this with your congressman.
    I like this. The question I always have, where do they get them from? I'm just over here trying to shoot pop cans and cabbage. Not my wife and the law.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Teenagers with switches and stendos...

These are all adults Mr Mears. What do you intend to do with them?

...Officers made the following arrests:

18-year-old Kentavion Lowe – possession of a machine gun and possession of a firearm with a scratched serial number
    19-year-old Dwayne Johnson – possession of a firearm by a prohibited person
    18-year-old Christian Richardson – possession of a machine gun and possession of a firearm with a scratched serial number
    18-year-old Sylvarion Crayton – possession of marijuana

18-year-old Jeremiah Kimbrough – possession of a machine gun and possession of a firearm with a scratched serial number...
    Well, they are teenagers... Just 18 and 19.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Forgive my (slight) highjack of the thread, for a moment. Lacking any knowledge of the "Glock switch" situation, I have two questions. 1. Does the home made (3D printed) switch totally block the sear causing the weapon to fire automatically until the magazine is empty? (The shooter does not have the ability to release the trigger to stop the cycle of functioning). 2. Does the switch with the semi/full auto button have the ability to interrupt the cycle of function as described above?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Forgive my (slight) highjack of the thread, for a moment. Lacking any knowledge of the "Glock switch" situation, I have two questions. 1. Does the home made (3D printed) switch totally block the sear causing the weapon to fire automatically until the magazine is empty? (The shooter does not have the ability to release the trigger to stop the cycle of functioning). 2. Does the switch with the semi/full auto button have the ability to interrupt the cycle of function as described above?
    Some are crudely built and block the sear. Others are actual switches. I would say that most are actual switches.

Top Bottom