• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

"Victim" was a homicide suspect and, get this, wanted by the DoC for escape. Observed with a gun and tracked into a gas station on 21st, decided to go down the hard way.

Some shotgun action by one of the IMPD detectives. There's a picture of the suspect's gun in the article, looks like an old beat up Ruger P-series.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Whole lotta stupid there and he got what he deserved. Feel bad for the cop who had to pull the trigger.

bad guy part aside just to AAR the level of stupid here;
    He drew on drawn weapons, 4 on 1 and he ran himself back into a corner. Cops had long guns and he had a crappy looking pistol that probably had a half loaded mag and no reload. Idk who in their right mind chooses that gunfight

What kind of pistol is that? I don’t recognize it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Whole lotta stupid there and he got what he deserved. Feel bad for the cop who had to pull the trigger.

bad guy part aside just to AAR the level of stupid here;
    He drew on drawn weapons, 4 on 1 and he ran himself back into a corner. Cops had long guns and he had a crappy looking pistol that probably had a half loaded mag and no reload. Idk who in their right mind chooses that gunfight

What kind of pistol is that? I don’t recognize it.
    It's a Ruger P-series of some kind, I'm not boomer enough to ID it. :laugh:

Judging by that rap sheet, the homicide he was wanted for, and the illegal gun, this looks to me like your typical case of "death before prison". He did the dumb thing because he wasn't planning on coming out alive.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It's a Ruger P-series of some kind, I'm not boomer enough to ID it. :laugh:

Judging by that rap sheet, the homicide he was wanted for, and the illegal gun, this looks to me like your typical case of "death before prison". He did the dumb thing because he wasn't planning on coming out alive.
    Not a boomer but looks like a P94, I know they made some in 2-tone like that, mostly in .40, not sure what caliber that one is.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Not a boomer but looks like a P94, I know they made some in 2-tone like that, mostly in .40, not sure what caliber that one is.
    So if it was a 40 with a half loaded mag he didn’t even have enough rounds to win the fight even if he was secretly John wicks twin brother. Suicide by cop

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

"Victim" was a homicide suspect and, get this, wanted by the DoC for escape. Observed with a gun and tracked into a gas station on 21st, decided to go down the hard way.

Some shotgun action by one of the IMPD detectives. There's a picture of the suspect's gun in the article, looks like an old beat up Ruger P-series.

Good riddance.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hope the cops involved are doing well mentally coping with what went down. They made the right decision based on the responses this violent criminal presented them with.

When I heard all the sirens responding, I knew something serious was going down. I'm just a couple blocks from that gas station

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Prayers for the officers. Nobody needs to dispatch vermin like that.

Even with this footage, there will still be those who say they didnt have to shoot him, he was turning his life around, dindunuffin, etc. SMH.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    To play devils advocate here, it WAS a good shoot IMO until the anchoring shot. Slowed down to 1/4 speed, the cop said "hands, let me see your hands" and on the second instance of "hands" in that sentence, shot the guy despite his inability to move his extremities. Looked like the first shot hit his T spine, depending where, he likely couldn't breathe let alone move those extremities.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    To play devils advocate here, it WAS a good shoot IMO until the anchoring shot. Slowed down to 1/4 speed, the cop said "hands, let me see your hands" and on the second instance of "hands" in that sentence, shot the guy despite his inability to move his extremities. Looked like the first shot hit his T spine, depending where, he likely couldn't breathe let alone move those extremities.

Luckily, the legal standard is not based on what you can pick apart watching the event unfold at 1/4 speed after the fact while safely watching it from an angle that is not that of the shooter.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    1633786067903.png

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Notice also the evidence being discarded onto/into the counter before switching to the phone to pass along its location.

Arguments can be made about the last shot (everyone has an opinion), but I'll ask this:
    If you had defended yourself, and the attacker still had their weapon in hand, do they still pose a threat?
    Does the fact that they are a previously convicted violent felon that chose to start a gunfight change your assessment?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Convenience stores don’t seem to have a lack of cameras. I’ve also noticed violent felons with warrants never have body cameras.

Has anyone heard from the local FOSW (Fraternal Order of Social Workers) rep?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I didn't realize someone had to finish their sentence/statement before firing a shot. Please show your work on how you came to conclude the first shot hit his T spine (but you're not sure where) and how you conclude that he likely couldn't breathe or move.

Stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about. You don't.

Top Bottom