If you're gonna carry - Carry all the time!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    GROOVATRON - No, my dog was not leashed, either. It's a trained dog. If you tell it to stop chasing a rabbit - it'll stop and come to you. Not leashed, but under my control.

So you have this well trained super dog but your not smart enough to tell if a dog is attacking or playing.

:D

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    But what if your dog is on MY property attacking MY dog?

Well I guess it's your own fault that you were so irresponsible to put your property in a place where Joe's dog might want to go & even provide him a toy to chew on for a while. You don't dare do anything about though, cause Joe'll come ta get ya'.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well I guess it's your own fault that you were so irresponsible to put your property in a place where Joe's dog might want to go & even provide him a toy to chew on for a while. You don't dare do anything about though, cause Joe'll come ta get ya'.

Well, we can tell election season is rolling around again. The resident spokesperson for those who would enslave us is here again after being all but absent.

Let's be clear, Finity. You aren't fit to speak for me. You lack the integrity, honor, and morality to do so. I am your better in every respect, and your kind isn't fit to lick the dog crap off my shoes, much less speak for me. If you wish to speak for yourself and those of your fellows who have betrayed this nation, please feel free. Every word you type discredits your kind.

As to the poster who issued that question to me, if my dog somehow ends up attacking a family member on someone's property and they have to defend, that's what they have to do. But I'd best believe it was necessary, because I meant every word I said. Kill my dog, and I'll regard it the same as killing any other member of my family.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Well, we can tell election season is rolling around again. The resident spokesperson for those who would enslave us is here again after being all but absent.

Let's be clear, Finity. You aren't fit to speak for me. You lack the integrity, honor, and morality to do so. I am your better in every respect, and your kind isn't fit to lick the dog crap off my shoes, much less speak for me. If you wish to speak for yourself and those of your fellows who have betrayed this nation, please feel free. Every word you type discredits your kind.

As to the poster who issued that question to me, if my dog somehow ends up attacking a family member on someone's property and they have to defend, that's what they have to do. But I'd best believe it was necessary, because I meant every word I said. Kill my dog, and I'll regard it the same as killing any other member of my family.

OOOHHH. I think I struck a nerve. :draw::D

Sorry dude, I've been here all along. Where have you been? I'm not the one with the terrible attitude. I don't think I've ever been threatened with being banned or almost asked to leave. Have you?

If you can't handle a little debate or sarcasm brought on by such an obviously ridiculous statement then you need a :chillpill: or some more :40oz:.

If I have to act & think exactly like you to have "integrity, honor or morality" then you can keep it.

Oh yeah one more thing ...:fawk:. have a nice day.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I gotta agree with Joe on this. My dog, Barney Fife, is part of my family. Besides my wife, he's my best friend. I know for a fact that he will only attack someone if there was a reason. He's very protective of me and my wife. Barks only when there is a need. He has chased, and barked very viciously, at other dogs, but only when they were on my property. He doesn't bark at anything that isn't on my property. With my invisible fence, he never leaves my property. So if ANYONE ever hurts or kills him, they will face a horrible wrath of whoop ass from me. You spray mace on my dog, I have a thing of pepper spray nearby, I'll use it on you. You beat my dog, I'm beating you. As for killing someone cause of it, I don't know. I know I would do it if my wife and I were in danger. But I really don't know what the law would say if I killed someone 'cause they killed my dog. I don't want to find that out.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    OOOHHH. I think I struck a nerve. :draw::D

Sorry dude, I've been here all along. Where have you been? I'm not the one with the terrible attitude. I don't think I've ever been threatened with being banned or almost asked to leave. Have you?

If you can't handle a little debate or sarcasm brought on by such an obviously ridiculous statement then you need a :chillpill: or some more :40oz:.

If I have to act & think exactly like you to have "integrity, honor or morality" then you can keep it.

Oh yeah one more thing ...:fawk:. have a nice day.

So what's all the betraying your nation junk that joe is saying? That came out of nowhere!! You can PM me if you want. Just curious.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    Although I realize what exactly the O.P. meant with his opening post, I'm going to get a word in edge-wise .........Wow, loads of over-reactive talk going on here, and so even though I have NO dog in this fight...( sorry, I hadda go there ), let's just say he :

Shoots the offending dingo, heretofore and subsequently known as "owner #2 , goes ballistic and pulls to shoot owner # 1 , owner 1 then shoots owner 2 for pointing a firearm his way, misses, and the shot goes into the neighbors' house, grazing the arm of a child, who, happens to be fondling his dads' firearm, and that child in turn fires off a round which travels half a block away entering through an open window of a house, striking the trigger of a gun, say, a Desert Eagle, lying on a table-top, setting it off in a three foot long cloud of fire and smoke, lobbing dollar-fifty lead bullet across the known universe into an alien vehicle, pissing off the kindly, peace-loving alien, thereby causing the demise of the human race, quite literally, The End of the World as we Know It....

Whew...jus' sayin'.........I am Out ...:cool:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    pit bulls are a waste. Wish you would have had your pistol we would have had one less pit bull. Bummer.
    This is George. He was not the dog I would have picked, but bad people tied him to a tree in my back yard and left him. He was mangy, flea bitten, under fed and under loved when we took him in and nursed him back to health. He was the kindest gentlest creature I have ever known and he was a part of my family for six wonderful years before he met an early death. I loved him and I miss him and his life was anything but a waste to my family and I.

MeandGeorge.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    This is George. He was not the dog I would have picked, but bad people tied him to a tree in my back yard and left him. He was mangy, flea bitten, under fed and under loved when we took him in and nursed him back to health. He was the kindest gentlest creature I have ever known and he was a part of my family for six wonderful years before he met an early death. I loved him and I miss him and his life was anything but a waste to my family and I.

This is my viscious beast, Miss Priss. In addition to sleeping with the other animals in the house, she loves to start tug of war games with the Chihuahua. It's fun to watch her, because she's so careful not to fling the little critter. The cat is utterly terrified of her. Perhaps that explains why she likes to sit on high things and jump on Miss Priss, or stalk her and attack her tail. Of course, she does love to attack everybody who walks in the house. One of these days, she's liable to drown someone with her tongue! Viscious, just viscious.

Would say maybe she doesn't fit the stereotypes of the ignorant because she's only half pit. But the other half is Boxer.... another occupant on the highly scientific most dangerous dogs list someone earlier today.

MissPrissandAnara002.jpg

007.jpg

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    My friend had a mix of pit, chow, and wolf its name was lucky. I don't think it had the mental capacity to hurt anyone, in the first week he had the 140 pound lump of dumb a 20 pound dog( bot sure of what breed), kicked him out of his bed. May that dog rest in peace 2 years old died in a house fire

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This is Barney Fife. A rottweiler. According to Animal Planet, rottweilers are considererd the most dangerous dog 2nd to only the Pit Bull.
    He's the most lovable dog I'ver ever known, and loves to have his butt scratched. Just like his mom :D

023.jpg

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    All I can say is WOW. As far as the OP goes, that is why I carry pepper spray AND a pistol. In dog situations, the pepper spray comes out first then escalate if needed.

HOWEVER I was charged by a neighbor's dog while walking with several kids and because of the close proximity of the dog to my children, the suddenness of the attack, and the viciousness of the dog, I reached for my pistol first. The dog was about two steps from getting shot when he came up short on his leash and could not reach the sidewalk. I didn't realize it was on a chain until that, as it happened very fast. What kind of idiot puts a leash on a mean dog and positions it two steps from where it can reach a public sidewalk? I told the guy that was a good way to get his dog shot. He thought I was kidding until I assured him and his wife that I was not.

I agree with what was said many times, if you love your dog, keep it on your own property and add AWAY from a public sidewalk.

If my dog were to get out of my FENCED IN yard and attack you, you would not have to worry about shooting it because I would do it for you. If your dog gets out of your yard and attacks me or mine, God help the dog AND you. I suggest that attacking a person who just had to defend themselves from YOUR LOOSE animal and still has a gun in their hand is NOT a good idea.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Sorry, left that part out. My pj's mostly have elastic waist with tie string, cheep IWB clip on holster works fine with them. But I rarely go out side in them and rarely wear them to bed
    biggrin.gif

big knot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    wow ummmmmm

I thought that one could only defend a human--- in a life or death circumstance>I would not want to go before a jury with ( my poodle is a family member defense)

big knot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    wishfull thinking

most family pets that owners think will save there lives is nothing more than wishfull thinkng.IVE been a k-9 handeler for 16yrs and have seen the best prospect fail a high level face to face threat.A k-9 is nothing more than a tool for police work-- my first dog a gsd failed to hold a suspect which in turn fired a wild shot straight up my dog bailed the pistol went off about an inch from his ear. IT took him a long time to get over that . My current dog a malinois is so spun up I have to choke him out to get him off a bite

kblazer87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Lawrenceburg

MeandGeorge.jpg
    Well said Delmar.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Ok, with all the dog threads lately (and it could be applied to other incidents) let me take a stab at this.

Perception is reality. It's not what the dog owner KNOWS his dog was or wasn't going to do.........it's what the other party PERCIVES said dogs actions were going to be and just like an SD situation, this must be able to be articulated.

A couple stories on how this could apply in other situations:

When I was a cop in AZ there was an incident that resulted in the suspect getting shot and killed. Said suspect came out of the car after a long stand-off (idiot forgot to fill the car up prior to robbing the bank and ran out of gas). When he came out of the car he came out running holding a large knife like it was a pistol. He took 1 223 round in the hip girdle which fragmented into 3 main parts. One went through the bottom of his left lung, one went south and severed his femoral artery, and the last one went through his heart. He was a dead man before he hit the ground.......his body just didn't know it for a few more seconds. Again.....Perception is reality, the officer percived he was coming out of the car with a gun and put him down.

Situation #2: Someone robs a bank with a "gun"......that suspect is caught and said gun is found out to be an airsoft gun. It's not what the gun was in REALITY but that the teller PERCIEVED it to be a real gun.

So what I am saying is it is more about what the non offending dog owner percieves than it is about what the offending dog owner knows to be true. This is all of course if it happens off the dogs property.

As a side note: If my dog were to attack any person or other dog off my property as described in the OP, you wouldn't have to put it down because I would. That dog would no longer be trustworthy in my eyes around my kids or family nor would I take the chance of adopting it to someone else and it biting then.

jayincville

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    This is my viscious beast, Miss Priss. In addition to sleeping with the other animals in the house, she loves to start tug of war games with the Chihuahua. It's fun to watch her, because she's so careful not to fling the little critter. The cat is utterly terrified of her. Perhaps that explains why she likes to sit on high things and jump on Miss Priss, or stalk her and attack her tail. Of course, she does love to attack everybody who walks in the house. One of these days, she's liable to drown someone with her tongue! Viscious, just viscious.

Would say maybe she doesn't fit the stereotypes of the ignorant because she's only half pit. But the other half is Boxer.... another occupant on the highly scientific most dangerous dogs list someone earlier today.

MissPrissandAnara002.jpg

007.jpg

I live in cville too Joe. I hate to say it, if your lovey dovey comes charging onto my property while my kids are out playing, I will put him down. Then I guess it will be a shootout on my front lawn between you and I. Get a grip on your dog and your emotions dude. My kids are above your dog, I am above your dog.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I live in cville too Joe. I hate to say it, if your lovey dovey comes charging onto my property while my kids are out playing, I will put him down. Then I guess it will be a shootout on my front lawn between you and I. Get a grip on your dog and your emotions dude. My kids are above your dog, I am above your dog.
    I don't think that any of the dog lovers here are saying you shouldn't defend your family from an aggressive dog on the loose. Please do keep your family safe! My issue is with those who are claimng that entire dog breeds should be destroyed.In fact I have never heard of a male pit bull getting aggressive, if it was neutered when it was young.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom