If you're gonna carry - Carry all the time!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    It's what I've always said

But, today I took the dog out, still in my PJs (sans arma) and he prances over to see one neighbors' dog (that's leashed up) - takes a dump - and we're getting ready to go back into the house. As we're coming up to the door, another neighbor opens up their door to let their dogs out - and it heads straight for ours. I wait a moment, to see what they do, since our dog is real friendly and loves to play with neighbor dogs. But, theirs tackles ours and looks like it's biting his neck! Without thinking I reach for my pistol NOT THERE then run over and throw the dog off and stand between them. Our little sheltie hiding behind me. I was about to reach for the knife tucked in my unlaced boots, but the dog layed down and seemed unaggressive. The neighbor came over and apologized, called his dog a dumbass and took him back. Came back over a minute later to appologize again, and said his dog wasn't mean, just wants to play.

It didn't growl or bark or anything. I guess it was just playing. It's a new neighbor and I'm not familiar with the dog. It looks like it could do some damage if it wanted to.

Dammit - You never know when some rogue animal will show up. It could have been worse. If I needed a reminder - glad this was it, and not something more serious.

PS - Being on teh internets again is cool. Hello INGO!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds to me like it was a good thing you didn't have it if your first instinct was to pull a pistol when it sounds like you had no problem breaking it up anyway.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I agree. You would have alot of explaining to do if you killed a neighborhood dog that was just playing. Is it justifiable to kill a dog if your life is not in danger or are in danger of severe injury? Even discharging it in a city could get you in big trouble.

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    First instinct is to draw before you make physical contact with a pitbull. Nit pick it all you want.

It looked like it attacked my dog. I waited to see what they did. It bit my dogs neck.

I think in my "explaining to do" I'd say, there's a dangerous animal running leashless through the neighborhood with children.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    First instinct is to draw before you make physical contact with a pitbull. Nit pick it all you want.

It looked like it attacked my dog. I waited to see what they did. It bit my dogs neck.

I think in my "explaining to do" I'd say, there's a dangerous animal running leashless through the neighborhood with children.

Pit bulls are wonderful dogs, but never give your dog a chance to play with one that you do not know. If that pitbull was a bad one your dog would be dead.

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    That's why I didn't want to say what kind of dog it was at first... They get a bad rap.

I can say by experiance, it's not the breed that matters, it's how it was raised.

I'm kind of suprised you'd said something like that, GLOCK LOVER. (purple) Then again, you love GLOCKS! (/purple)

WWIII DEFENDER - Thanks for the comment.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i had a similar situation. my wife and i were walking our two 6 lb pomeranians when some ~75 lb dog sans owner comes barreling down on us snarling and barking. my wife picked up the dogs and stood behind me.but the dog stopped when it was about 5 feet from me. then it started jumping on us. the owner came running over (finally) and didn't even apologize. snarling dog not on a leash vs my two poms being held by my pregnant wife = bullet holes.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    pit bulls are a waste. Wish you would have had your pistol we would have had one less pit bull. Bummer.

"My dog was playing in the yard. You can tell his story of the dog being attacked by mine is a lie, not a mark on him. The man shot my dog, then raised his gun toward me, which is why I had to act to defend my life."

My dogs are family members. I'll kill anyone who poses a threat to them, or harms them.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Yes. That's more in line with what I mean. But a little harsh for an internet forum. So, I changed it to be mildly more gentle. I do not apologize for it, if that's what you expected.

nope. i figured it was a quick thinking post that would get edited once you read it....so i quoted it because i'm a smartass and havent been to bed yet :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    It would seem as though I lace every one of my posts with gasoline and bait it out for a smoking ingo'r passing by.

Yes, I feel accomplished.

To make this Crystal Clear - I'd never shoot a dog unless I had to. A few people seem to get the impression just because they SEE A GUN - someone's about to be SHOT.

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    haha - Thanks, Rich. I suppose that could be misinturprated that way.

Any English Majors in the house, that could word that so it couldn't be twisted around?

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township

Why wasn't your dog on a leash and under your control?

pit bulls are a waste. Wish you would have had your pistol we would have had one less pit bull. Bummer.

I'm just gonna assume that you are joking.

"My dog was playing in the yard. You can tell his story of the dog being attacked by mine is a lie, not a mark on him. The man shot my dog, then raised his gun toward me, which is why I had to act to defend my life."

My dogs are family members. I'll kill anyone who poses a threat to them, or harms them.

I would probably do the same. Mess with my wife, mess with my kid, mess with my dog.......were gonna have some problems.;)

It would seem as though I lace every one of my posts with gasoline and bait it out for a smoking ingo'r passing by.

Yes, I feel accomplished.

To make this Crystal Clear - I'd never shoot a dog unless I had to. A few people seem to get the impression just because they SEE A GUN - someone's about to be SHOT.

I can tell you this, if I see an unholstered gun drawn, I am going to assume that there is a strong likelihood of discharge, and I will react accordingly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom