• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    interesting to see the gamit of choices this thread is generating....now if you could add another zero to that 1k....and the wife and kids weren't involved.....:thumbsup:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I'd like Remington No. 1 1/2 rolling block rifle converted center fire and rebored to 8mm French (.33 caliber).
    A thousand might cut it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Not much I'd like right now would come that cheap. I saw a 4" SW 29 that was like a twin to my 686, might be able to squeeze one of those in but it would starve. A .357 Coonan doesn't come that cheap, even the Savage .338s are a bracket or two up before glass, bipod, left handed mods etc., and one of those has to be a real light eater.

If I was starting over with nothing, I'd probably still try to scrounge a Para P12 and set myself up nicely. Those have brought me nothing but joy. First thing I ever bought was an AR, but those upset the sheeple at Marsh.

BlackGun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    If I were to tell someone to buy something this would not be my answer, but for me and I had a grand I'd buy a ruger precision rifle in 6.5 creedmoor. If I could find one!
    :+1: I would do the same, but it will cost a little more.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I've not spent $1000 total on guns (3 cheap but reliable pistols, muzzleloader, and a .22/410 youth combo for my daughter). With the guns that have been handed down to me, I am probably over $1000 in total value, but none are expensive. The thought of having that much cash with nothing else more pressing is a pipe dream at this time, but I guess I would get either a .44mag lever action rifle or an AR of some type because I currently do not own a center fire rifle. Both will have to wait.

hondaCBR

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Indiana
    Interesting responses. If only one gun... would have to be a shotgun. Since a browning o/u isn't ideal for self defense my decision would be Mossberg JM Pro 930. With $ to spare

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    :welcome:to:ingo:. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

My first priority would still be the pistol, because I want to be able to defend myself over there, not just here, and carrying a shotgun around is inconvenient and scares the soccer moms. Then the shotgun, that gets you hunting and defense capabilities. I got a lightly used Mossberg 590A1 cheap some years ago, extended mag and all. If you think about it, a 00 buck shell puts out 12 .380s per trigger pull, and with 9 shells I can de-snot several adversaries. Not too many machine guns can put up a wall of lead like that.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Just $1000?

If I had no other guns, a CZ75 pre-b, 4 extra mags, and the rest in ammo.

With what I have now? I'd need to save up some more scratch to get something that excites me.

copper145

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Muncie
    The new Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in .454 Casull! Why? Because I LOVE the Blackhawks, and LOVE the Bisley grip, and I LOVE big bore revolvers...and because I don't have one!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom