• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I would go with a Henry Big Boy Steel. Then get the big loop for it and a sling then finish off the grand with ammo. Why? Because I don't have one to go with my 44mag revolvers.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    A Henry Big Boy Steel in 44 mag. Plus the big lever and sling. Then a lot of ammo to finish off the grand.

I would go with a Henry Big Boy Steel. Then get the big loop for it and a sling then finis off the grand with ammo. Why? Because I don't have one to go with my 44mag revolvers.
    It's like deja vu all over again. ;)

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Mini 14 target and several hundred rds of ammo. Get rid of the hoky stock and swap out for 1 of the stock birch I have and make a wood heat guard for it. Sand stock and finish with oil for a old style mil. look.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    A colt woodsman target. Memories of stories told in out door mags of my youth about the .22 pistols and their many uses and fun to be had. Back when you could still join a a gun club at a city school, when you could take your colt pistol to shop class and make wood grips. Boy wouldn't that make obemmy's nads spin to think such a thing could have happened.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    A colt woodsman target. Memories of stories told in out door mags of my youth about the .22 pistols and their many uses and fun to be had. Back when you could still join a a gun club at a city school, when you could take your colt pistol to shop class and make wood grips. Boy wouldn't that make obemmy's nads spin to think such a thing could have happened.

Wanted a Woodsman as a kid but never had one. Finally found a nice one last year and bought it. Brings back fond memories.

As as to what I would buy for $1000, not really sure. Have most of the wanted items at that price covered. As stated upthread, the price point of my "taste" seems to have increased.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I got a Ruger GP100 Match Champion from Tomlinson's a couple weeks ago. Best out of the box revolver I have ever acquired. $750 well spent. Now I have to take it and my S&W 586 when I feel like making noise at the range. I have been burning a lot of .357 ammo lately...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I would purchase an integrally suppressed Ruger 10/22 bolt action rifle, because they are cool and I don't have one.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    I've always wanted a Colt Trooper. I have always liked the look of them but have always found something else that I just couldn't live without. I should be able to get one with box and papers for that.

Top Bottom