If you’ve chosen not to take a Covid vaccine for whatever reason(s), it may be wise to reassess occasionally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    If Pfizer says they were vax deaths and tried to keep that info out of the public domain, you can bet your *** they were.
    ETA This was supposed to be a reply to Hoosierdood’s #393 sorry.
    He thinks in terms of ‘all data must be equally erroneous’, not, ‘someone may be skewing the data one way’. Don’t ask me why.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agree that was absurd, but there is plenty of data available to determine safety and efficacy level
    And right now, the efficacy of stopping the spread of the delta variant is ****. Vaccinated people are spreading this **** too. Not even a 100% vaccination would stop covid. At this point the vaccine does not serve as much a collective role as was hoped. It mostly serves an individual role now that we have variants.

So, risk the vaccine so that your odds of having a bad outcome is diminished? Or, skip the vaccine and the risks of that, and and then risk having a more serious outcome if you get covid. That’s an individual choice.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The concept of this vaccine being anything other than a low percentage reduction in chance of hospitalization, while it's being sold as a miracle drug everyone needs, is outrageously dangerous to society at large.

This is like selling safety equipment that fails every known test, yet is still protected by safety institutions, as being effective.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    photo_2021-12-03_14-23-40-2190589.jpg

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Haven’t really kept up on this thread but I thought I’d share my recent Covid experience.

I’m in my mid-30’s. I’m in good health but not in great shape. Good blood pressure and all that but could stand to lose a few pounds. Unvaccinated.

Felt kinda weird Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday morning. Had a slight fever Wednesday morning so I decided to stay home from work just in case. Took two Covid tests Wednesday evening and they both came back positive. Work has me under quarantine for 10 days. Fever never got over 100 and I haven’t had a “high” temp since Thursday morning. Very mild body aches. A little sinus congestion. Occasional mild headache. But that’s been it for me. :dunno:

I spent the all afternoon yesterday out in the yard with my kids enjoying the beautiful weather. Thankful that it wasn’t worse but not particularly surprised that it wasn’t bad either.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Haven’t really kept up on this thread but I thought I’d share my recent Covid experience.

I’m in my mid-30’s. I’m in good health but not in great shape. Good blood pressure and all that but could stand to lose a few pounds. Unvaccinated.

Felt kinda weird Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday morning. Had a slight fever Wednesday morning so I decided to stay home from work just in case. Took two Covid tests Wednesday evening and they both came back positive. Work has me under quarantine for 10 days. Fever never got over 100 and I haven’t had a “high” temp since Thursday morning. Very mild body aches. A little sinus congestion. Occasional mild headache. But that’s been it for me. :dunno:

I spent the all afternoon yesterday out in the yard with my kids enjoying the beautiful weather. Thankful that it wasn’t worse but not particularly surprised that it wasn’t bad either.
    Glad you experienced mild symptoms, just like the overwhelming majority of people I know who have had it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How many people died FROM covid vs WITH covid?
    Obfuscation. How many people died from the vaccine vs with the vaccine?
    No. I'm not playing that silly game. You asked Is 700k deaths in 18 months acceptable for a virus that supposedly isn't that serious? It's reasonable to ask, then--and NOT obfuscation--if it really was 700K? Because 700K sounds like a really big number. And that's supposed to dwarf the other number your opponent pulled out that's supposed been hurt by vaccines, for the purposes of argument. And sure, maybe the 1200 deaths in 3 months from the vaccine isn't accurate either. Your's probably isn't either.

So I think my question is a relevant question to ask. I suspect that if we were all having an honest conversation, you'd have answered it straight up instead of like you did.

By the way, regardless of what the actual number is that died FROM covid, the only correct answer to that question, given the current facts, is yes, at least those who died because of its novelty, and people just not knowing what the best thing to do. It's just what happens in a pandemic with a deadly disease. The deaths that are not acceptable are those that happened because of poor decisions by leaders. For example, the people who died in nursing homes because leaders didn't want to accept help from a president they hated, and they wanted to hide things from the public.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Any new questions can now be answered by blaming it on
    Post Pandemic Stress Disorder.All roads now lead to PPSD.
    Jabbed athletes dropping on the field...PPSD.Flash mob robberies...P/VP poll numbers....

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The concept of this vaccine being anything other than a low percentage reduction in chance of hospitalization, while it's being sold as a miracle drug everyone needs, is outrageously dangerous to society at large.

This is like selling safety equipment that fails every known test, yet is still protected by safety institutions, as being effective.
    Great example. Seatbelts are required in all cars. Suppose a certain seatbelt only latched 50-90% of the time and would not help in a accident unless everyone else on the road is buckled up. Would that be acceptable?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Great example. Seatbelts are required in all cars. Suppose a certain seatbelt only latched 50-90% of the time and would not help in a accident unless everyone else on the road is buckled up. Would that be acceptable?
    First of all you're comparing apples to oranges which is a logical fallacy, but even so...the seatbelt latching is the wrong comparison to draw. It would be more reasonable to compare rates of injury or death in individuals wearing their seatbelt during a car accident. Or maybe even incidence of car accidents would be most equivalent to rate of infection in vaccinated, which is why the comparison doesn't work.

Looks like I have several posts from last night to respond to :D

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    First of all you're comparing apples to oranges which is a logical fallacy, but even so...the seatbelt latching is the wrong comparison to draw. It would be more reasonable to compare rates of injury or death in individuals wearing their seatbelt during a car accident. Or maybe even incidence of car accidents would be most equivalent to rate of infection in vaccinated, which is why the comparison doesn't work.

Looks like I have several posts from last night to respond to :D
    You could be of great use in this thread. So far it's friendly. :cool:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Seat belts only reduce fatal injuries by approximately 43%, but nearly 100% of people exposed to a car accident are injured by their seat belt.
    You could be of great use in this thread. So far it's friendly. :cool:

I don't know how I feel about friendly :D

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell

Reading how your symptoms have been really describes how people I know (in lake/porter counties) that have had this type of sickness in late august-October before all this "covid bs."

I myself a 35 year old male 200lbs at 5'9 (3 back surgeries waiting a number 4). I rarely ever get sick (sinus infections here and there with the seasons) but nothing outrageous. Now my significant other is extremely different. Her immune system is beyond subpar and has cancer, gets sick when someone sneezes a block away, her weight is (lets just keep it at that :)) and she has yet to get covid. WE ARE ANTI MASK. Just wore them to the doctor appointments. WE NEVER TESTED POSITIVE. PS. We frequent thrift stores a ton once they opened back up. Traveled and visited over 100 times in 3 different states. Still didn't get the scary covid.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The nice thing about seat belts is that they come off really easily. I can touch, feel and test a seatbelt myself and understand how it works. The vaccine is 100% foreign to me, I have no way of knowing what’s in it and it’s been surrounded by false information put out by our elected leaders and their appointees from day one. It doesn’t come out, wash off or disappear, once it’s in you there’s nothing you can do but buckle up for the ride, whatever that may end up being.

Top Bottom