If you’ve chosen not to take a Covid vaccine for whatever reason(s), it may be wise to reassess occasionally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do you think things never change from the moment they are said or discovered? Is your world really that black and white? Yes, it was being misrepresented. Yes, the updated definition is more accurate. Both can be true. It's not some big conspiracy with hundreds of thousands of people working together to fool the rest of the world.
    And you bring out the strawman of conspiracy theory…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The only time I’ll mask is if it’s required, such as Uber. I know some people who have made the personal decision not to get vaccinated, and I’m extra careful around them.

Probably best to be careful, at whatever level you are comfortable, with everyone. A lot we just don’t know for sure but it appears to me that the vaxxed are at least spreaders too…

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Probably best to be careful, at whatever level you are comfortable, with everyone. A lot we just don’t know for sure but it appears to me that the vaxxed are at least spreaders too…
    That might be “best”, but part of the bargain of me taking the risk of the vaccine was to resume normal life. Taking the vaccine is a choice everyone does or does not make. It’s not up to me to accommodate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not really what this thread’s about (no updates on our friend today, which is almost a relief because I’d rather have no news than the news I’m so fearful of—almost like when the phone would ring too early when dad was off racing), but…

Edit: deleted, because that wasn’t what the thread’s about.
    Yeah, maybe people could just take the tastes great/less filling part of the discussion over to the appropriate threads.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just like there’s no discussion on natural immunity. And no discussion of anything but what they’ve deemed “science”.

And JH needs to step the F off. Call me anti vax one more ****ing time and I’m going to ducking lose it. Just because I am not getting it because A.) I have already gotten it and now have a decent chance of surviving it a second time and 2.) the heart risks for myself with my history and family background is a real issue. What might be less than 1% for someone else is higher for us. I’m not telling anyone not to get jabbed, it’s none of my business and people need to make their own informed decisions on their health.

Sadly people die every day. Around 8000 every single day in the US. That’s 8k brothers, sisters, wives, grandparents, parents, aunts/uncles etc that their families will. Or get to spend time with again. It’s terrible but it’s a fact of life. Rather than focusing on the death I prefer to focus on our time with them. The fun memories. The stories that we tell keeps them alive to us in our hearts. That’s how I prefer to deal with it.
    iPhone? That's a common problem I have too on that danky "keypad". With my phat thumbs, the F key is a little too close to the D key.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Any vaccinated people who are going out and resuming normal pre-covid life are selfish jerks in my opinion. I'm not saying I agree with the entirety of your post, but my family is vaccinated and we continue to practice masking, hand hygiene, social distancing, etc.
    Between you and I....I think hygiene has a lot to do with it, both good and bad. I have said many times, the way I treat my body....I seriously doubt a virus is gonna have much luck penetrating me. I have smoked mold, inhaled asbestos, wallowed in pig **** and inhaled mice and bird droppings, I have gutted animals, kissed fish....and I hate to think how many bugs I have eaten in my life.....I use to go weeks without washing my hands and have been a lifetime nail biter, mostly my own though. I have eaten lead paint and I confess, I have eaten many items I dropped on the floor for over 5 seconds. If anything a bat can produce can penetrate this temple of bacteria, it deserves the trophy.

lol

Seriously though, I think hygiene goes a long way in fighting this. I just try to stay away from large groups. I'll admit, I still eat buffet style 2-3 times a week. That is kind of asking for it I think.....but I use the hell out of hand sanitizer while eating, pretty sure I got drunk off hand sanitizer last night at China Buffet.

I am amazed I have not gotten it. I fully expect I eventually will. I even went and got a test to see if I have ever had it, because I have been around so many people who had it and didn't know it, when I was around them. I never wear a mask, not even when they mandated them. Grand daughter is 7 and in school, so far 66 of the 200 or so in school have had Covid, figured she would get it and bring it home, but she got sick once but not Covid. I don't know how I have not had it, I really don't. Knock on wood, the good Lord has looked out for me and the family so far.

I don't have the answers. Wish I did. I hate seeing people dying of this.......and it should have never been made political, that made it much worse.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Between you and I....I think hygiene has a lot to do with it, both good and bad. I have said many times, the way I treat my body....I seriously doubt a virus is gonna have much luck penetrating me. I have smoked mold, inhaled asbestos, wallowed in pig **** and inhaled mice and bird droppings, I have gutted animals, kissed fish....and I hate to think how many bugs I have eaten in my life.....I use to go weeks without washing my hands and have been a lifetime nail biter, mostly my own though. I have eaten lead paint and I confess, I have eaten many items I dropped on the floor for over 5 seconds. If anything a bat can produce can penetrate this temple of bacteria, it deserves the trophy.

lol

Seriously though, I think hygiene goes a long way in fighting this. I just try to stay away from large groups. I'll admit, I still eat buffet style 2-3 times a week. That is kind of asking for it I think.....but I use the hell out of hand sanitizer while eating, pretty sure I got drunk off hand sanitizer last night at China Buffet.

I am amazed I have not gotten it. I fully expect I eventually will. I even went and got a test to see if I have ever had it, because I have been around so many people who had it and didn't know it, when I was around them. I never wear a mask, not even when they mandated them. Grand daughter is 7 and in school, so far 66 of the 200 or so in school have had Covid, figured she would get it and bring it home, but she got sick once but not Covid. I don't know how I have not had it, I really don't. Knock on wood, the good Lord has looked out for me and the family so far.

I don't have the answers. Wish I did. I hate seeing people dying of this.......and it should have never been made political, that made it much worse.
    LOL I eat at that buffet a couple times a week, too.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    LOL I eat at that buffet a couple times a week, too.
    Not a word for three or four days now, despite inquiries.

I love that place....although mama san was upset last night, guess her supplier is out of fried shrimp for 2 weeks. She is a nice lady.

I will keep your buddy in my prayers. Maybe no news is good news for now.......

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Any vaccinated people who are going out and resuming normal pre-covid life are selfish jerks in my opinion. I'm not saying I agree with the entirety of your post, but my family is vaccinated and we continue to practice masking, hand hygiene, social distancing, etc.
    Selfish jerks? They were promised “normal” by “the science”. Dangled out in front of them like a carrot. Most vaccinated people I talk to think that vaccines prevent them from spreading or getting covid. They’re wearing their shield. Maybe you can call that ignorance but I wouldn’t call it selfish. Maybe the propaganda used to get people vaccinated wasn’t such a good idea. People still believe it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    BS. You're vaxxed and you mask up and social distance still..... but, I'm sorry. I live my life. Had more time on the boat and beach in 2020 than ever before....
    Boat and beaches are fine. Out in the sun, open air? Probably not gonna get covid in that environment. Covid is spread most in the home to other family members. It’s rarely spread outside in open air.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Boat and beaches are fine. Out in the sun, open air? Probably not gonna get covid in that environment. Covid is spread most in the home to other family members. It’s rarely spread outside in open air.

You must have missed where I specifically said I lived life as normal... for me the boat and beach are normal life. I did love the EMPTY beach though! My wife was in the office every day, kids were in person school every day (aside from when they ended the '19-'20 school year a few months early).

Did you miss where they closed beaches and everything outside, @jamil? They were arresting people for being on the beach in California.

So much for "boat and beaches are fine" as you said @jamil.

Here's a favorite picture of mine from last year in Michigan while on vacation.... all for "safety", right?
    8785b6d9c37123fd6606b53f662d029e.jpg

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    OK I have been debating on if I should post this up in the forum and this made up my mind.

I have a group of friends that live in Black Forrest Colorado. I met them through my adventures and journeys through racing at a professional level. We were all part of maybe 6 runs at the 500 and successful in all of them. Low buck may only efforts.
    The 2 brothers have a shop and turn out some amazing pieces that have set and currently hold records at pikes peak and they owned a series that ran for several years running older Indy cars. I have some wonderful memories with them.

OK.....I learned yesterday that the younger brother passed away in the ICU from Covid. His wife, brother and my friend that lives on the property and works with them in the shop all contracted it as well. The brother is struggling but the wife and my friend are holding their own. Now here is the kicker.....they were all fully vaxxed. All 4 of them. So we are having a WTAF is going on moment.

Today we learn 2 family members (a niece and a nephew) from different homes have the covid and yes, they are fully Vaxxed. So again.....WTAF is going on here.

My heart is very heavy right now and no mood to go off on a rant so take from this what you will.

We live in a society full of lies and deceit all the way to the top of the food chain.

Mouse is out.

Edit.....Yes we are sending our prayers up for your friend and all who are in pain from this.
    Uncle, Aunt, their two sons, daughter and 5 grand kids (in their 20s-30s) all got COVID at the same time. One of the sons caught it and passed to others at a family event (we suspect). Uncle died, all the rest recovered. Uncle had been in declining health. Aunt not in good health. All 100% vaccinated with booster shots.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You must have missed where I specifically said I lived life as normal... for me the boat and beach are normal life. My wife was in the office every day, kids were in person school every day (aside from when they ended the '19-'20 school year a few months early).

Did you miss where they closed beaches and everything outside, @jamil? They were arresting people for being on the beach in California.

So much for "boat and beaches are fine" as you said @jamil.

Here's a favorite picture of mine from last year in Michigan while on vacation.... all for "safety", right?
    8785b6d9c37123fd6606b53f662d029e.jpg
    I think you misunderstand. It’s fine to be out in the open air. Those people who closed beaches and parks are morons. If people think they’re “social distancing” by staying cooped up in their homes, they’re morons, and so are the governments who locked them down.

Top Bottom