If you’ve chosen not to take a Covid vaccine for whatever reason(s), it may be wise to reassess occasionally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    5vqy55.jpg

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    There are multiple definitions of vaccine from different sources, and by any definition I've seen in the past or present this is a vaccine.

@mbills2223 you must have missed where they changed the very definition of vaccine so this current covid vaccine would qualify as a vaccine...

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    @mbills2223 you must have missed where they changed the very definition of vaccine so this current covid vaccine would qualify as a vaccine...

mbills be like.......

giphy (9).gif

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy

However, a CDC spokesperson told McClatchy News the “slight changes in wording over time … haven’t impacted the overall definition. Also, we have always been at war with Eastasia.;)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

No, I did not miss it. As I said, every definition I've seen, past and present, this would qualify as a vaccine.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Maybe his reading comprehension isn't up to par?

@mbills2223 how does this vaccine prevent the disease or produce immunity to COVID-19? Seems to me it fails miserably in regards to both...
    All reply to you since you were the last to pretend I'm an idiot. Yes, it meets that definition of a vaccine just as much as any other vaccine we've had. If you think any other vaccine confers 100% immunity and disease prevention then I've got some bad news for you. Hence why the definition has changed over the years to be more precise on the action.

Personally I prefer the previous definition that it was just changed from. Most moderately intelligent people realize that immunity isn't some black and white magic word where you are either fully immune or fully susceptible, but if you feel that semantics proves your point then please proceed.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    All reply to you since you were the last to pretend I'm an idiot. Yes, it meets that definition of a vaccine just as much as any other vaccine we've had. If you think any other vaccine confers 100% immunity and disease prevention then I've got some bad news for you. Hence why the definition has changed over the years to be more precise on the action.

Personally I prefer the previous definition that it was just changed from. Most moderately intelligent people realize that immunity isn't some black and white magic word where you are either fully immune or fully susceptible, but if you feel that semantics proves your point then please proceed.
    I think most people understand that immunity is not 100%, but it is close enough to call it immunity. Like, in excess of 99% immunity. COVID "vaccines aren't even in the ballpark. They're not even in the parking lot outside the ballpark. Hell, they're not even in the same game!

I was going to post a link to the Wikipedia page about Cognitive Dissonance, because you certainly seem to be exercising it, but I think this pic from that page sums it up even better. Drink your snake oil. I drink your milkshake.

Snake Oil.png

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

This covid jab sucks and is on a completely different level than all previous vaccines. Breakthrough cases galore, at levels never seen before. Then, talk about all the boosters needed and the rapid efficacy dropping like a rock...

But @mbills2223 keep believing that...

Can't say I've had the measles, mumps, rubella or polio - which I've been vaccinated against. But my neighbors who got the covid vax, have tested positive twice after that vax....

Last edited:

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    This covid jab sucks and is on a completely different level than all previous vaccines. Breakthrough cases galore, at levels never seen before. Then, talk about all the boosters needed and the rapid efficacy dropping like a rock...

But @mbills2223 keep believing that...

Can't say I've had the measles, mumps, rubella or polio - which I've been vaccinated against. But my neighbors who got the covid vax, have tested positive twice after that vax....

It's not even worth discussing it with him at this point, is it? He's made his position clear, and he's committed to it. He's beyond logic at this point, we should leave him to his feelings. You can't argue logic against feelings. You cant logic a person out of a place that their feelings got them into.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It's not even worth discussing it with him at this point, is it? He's made his position clear, and he's committed to it. He's beyond logic at this point, we should leave him to his feelings. You can't argue logic against feelings. You cant logic a person out of a place that their feelings got them into.
    Yes, I am definitely the idiot here with a stance based on feelings. Get a clue, dude.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Agreed. You can't argue what's in black and white....and there are even emails from the CDC discussing the need to change the definition....

Poor @mbills2223 will just deny, deny, deny...
    5a2be38bb71e7f5c6e3945434fa24332.jpg
    f970e5c0427c36416bb4364f27f260ef.jpg

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Agreed. You can't argue what's in black and white....and there are even emails from the CDC discussing the need to change the definition....

Poor @mbills2223 will just deny, deny, deny...
    5a2be38bb71e7f5c6e3945434fa24332.jpg
    f970e5c0427c36416bb4364f27f260ef.jpg
    These emails indicate nothing new. They state that people are using the definition to make claims, which is exactly what you are doing. I acknowledged up thread that the current definition is more precise for those who choose to look at the world as black and white.

In response to whoever indicated immunity means greater than 99%, that's just foolish thinking. Yes, there are some vaccines that are that effective, but many are not. Specifically, vaccines against pathogens that mutate slowly are likely to be highly effective, while vaccines against pathogens that mutate rapidly are likely to be less effective. Look no further than your annual influenza vaccine if you don't believe that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tmixon
    Top Bottom