• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    We will just have to agree to disagree. Sometimes you have to point out the obvious truth when they are beyond stupid.

I mean, they obviously havent learned basic life skills in however many years they have been on the earth. Maybe its because nobody has grabbed them by the shoulders and shook the crap out of them to get their attention? (figuratively speaking of course)|
    Maybe if somebody does that enough times they'll learn? People being polite obviously hasnt worked thus far.

I think its just you being butthurt about a fellow cubs fan being dissed. :stickpoke: :p:lmfao:
    the problem is, the stupid will never get it. All you do is look like an *** to others for your snarky remark and the ones that should get offended won't because they are completely clueless. THose that do, well they may want to start a ruckus that you instigated. Why? What's the purpose? Does it make you feel better to belittle others that are clueless?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Auctions tend to be like that. Especially in person, a good auctioneer knows how to excite the crowd to making bids. Especially auctions with firearms involved.
    Last firearms auction I went to stuff sold for about twice what it was actually worth. That was about 10 years ago or so. .22 Jennings selling for $300. Marlin 60's for $325

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Interesting thought. I wonder what the Reasonable Articulable Suspicion is for sticking tanks if they wanted to? Wouldnt that be considered a search to see what is inside the tank? Is the tank any different than say, the trunk? Or glove box? Or center console? All of those require RAS to search.
    I will go with a Commercial Truck Safety Inspection.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Interesting thought. I wonder what the Reasonable Articulable Suspicion is for sticking tanks if they wanted to? Wouldnt that be considered a search to see what is inside the tank? Is the tank any different than say, the trunk? Or glove box? Or center console? All of those require RAS to search.

If you're a commercial hauler, you have no such rights.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    When I was 18 I knew everything.
    The older I get, the dumber I get.

In a similar vein, at 18 I was convinced my father knew nothing about people or the modern world. The older I got, the smarter he got!

I tell people now, that my father taught me everything I know, I just wish he had taught me everything he knows.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I attended an auction today ..........
    I was appalled, and disappointed, and confused, and disgusted, and in general disbelief.

I'm genuinely worried, if this is the state of the secondary market for firearms today.

Congratulate yourself, for being smart enough to leave with shiny silver in your pocket, instead of a rusty gun in your hands.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There are a lot of Cubs fans in northern Indiana that are not liberal transplants. I'm not a baseball fan myself, but I don't belittle those that are. Anyhow, enough of the thread jack. I'm out.
    Amazingly... there are Cubs fans everywhere, not many, but a few spread all over the place. That has got to be some kind of ignorance. :)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    the problem is, the stupid will never get it. All you do is look like an *** to others for your snarky remark and the ones that should get offended won't because they are completely clueless. THose that do, well they may want to start a ruckus that you instigated. Why? What's the purpose? Does it make you feel better to belittle others that are clueless?
    Dunno. Ask the OP. I was simply agreeing with the practice, explaining how sometimes the stupid's gotta hurt (figuratively speaking) before they "get it".

Last edited:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Do farmers in pickup trucks (without dot numbers displayed) fall under that category?

I am not for hire, exempt farm plates, no DOT numbers. But I’m sure I can still get stuck too.
    It's possible, but I don't think you have to worry.
    Look at it from the Leo's point of view....why hassle you over 20 gallons when he could nail a semi with maybe 250.

Kinda the same with speeding tickets. What could hang you up for maybe $75 can cost a trucker $800.

If you are commercial/CDL they can look at whatever they want, whenever they want.

Top Bottom