• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    It would be an incredible long shot, but don't get caught running the tax exempt stuff in a non-commercial vehicle on the road.
    They get pretty pissed about it.
    The "red" is a dye that will dye the insides of your carburetor/ fuel injectors.
    We run the green stuff in our trucks. But prices being what they are the extra savings adds up when you are doing hay etc. So our green Truck spends a fair amount of time being a mobile fuel dispenser in the field .

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It would be an incredible long shot, but don't get caught running the tax exempt stuff in a non-commercial vehicle on the road.
    The "red" is a dye that will dye the insides of your carburetor/ fuel injectors.
    I've learned to avoid red heads and red diesel from this thread.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not belittling.....just pointing out that most sports ball fans focus on sports so much they , basic things baffle them.........plus most sports ball fans belittle me for not caring about about sports ball.....like my neighbor and may I quote him " ARE YOU GD STUPID? NO ONE CARES ABOUT RACING CARS OR SHOOTING GUNS....IF YOU JUST LIKED SPORTS BALL MORE, YOU WOULD BE FARTHER IN LIFE......"
    Personally, I find making vast generalizations about groups of people based on a particular hobby to be ignorant.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I attended an auction today that included, among many, MANY, other items, upwards of 100 firearms.
    It was an estate sale, on the property, and only had a few dozen people in attendance.
    The firearms offered might have brought a MUCH better price if they had bothered to get any information on them at all.
    The auctioneer sold a "military bolt gun, probably German, and likely a .22..."
    After the sale I talked to the buyer to tell him that was NOT a German gun, and not a .22, but a 6.5 Carcano. He grinned and rolled his eyes then said, " I knew what it was when I bought it".
    The caller also tried to sell a ".42caliber revolver" that turned out to be a
    22 He misheard the helper?

As much of a fuster cluck as that was, it was not the only drawbacks.
    More than 90% of all the firearms were rusted, BADLY!
    When I stepped up to look at the tables I noticed they had more than a dozen firearms and numerous parts laying in the grass!
    Not on a blanket or tarp, nothing, just laying in the grass.
    The guns that weren't rusted to hell went for stupid prices.

An OLD Marlin model 1894, so old I couldn't find the caliber marking ( believe it was a .357/.38spl) had zero percent finish left.
    Almost looked like it had been steel wooled to bare metal and then allowed to rust.
    This horrible example went for $900!

An H&R Handi-Rifle in .22 Hornet (I really wanted this one) was new, with the hang-tag still attached, and RUSTED . It went for $425!

There were many new guns, still in the boxes, and most were the highly recognizable names like Davis, Lorcin, Jennings...
    I watched a new in the box Lorcin .380 take $360!

I was appalled, and disappointed, and confused, and disgusted, and in general disbelief.

I'm genuinely worried, if this is the state of the secondary market for firearms today.
    (An attempt to get the thread back on track...) This is sad, scary, many other words that are not good. An estate auction with 100 guns? You'd think there would be a few gems. Sounds like this guy stored his guns in a humidor.

As far as the auction company... I understand some folks aren't gun folks but there is a thing called "the Internet" and it has all kinds of information. Then again, NIB Lorcin for $360? Maybe he knew what he was doing. As far as the people who shoulda kept their hands in their pockets... not so much.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well mostly because when they are in the diesel lane( an area with Just diesel pumps they are spaced out to allow several truck and trailers to fuel up at the same time. They are designed to rapidly fill 100 to 200 gallon Tanks.
    I have a diesel and it is nice to fill up in maybe half the time by using the big-rig pumps. :)

Reactions: wcd

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA He said carburetor!

I can't believe I'm the only one to see this - I mean, since we're being rude and all!

Also it's not that incredible of a long shot. Feds wait at the exit of farm shows and stick every diesel truck, especially when they first hit the scene. Lots of guys caught that way.
    Also still lots and lots of exempt fuel ran on the road.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA He said carburetor!

I can't believe I'm the only one to see this - I mean, since we're being rude and all!

Also it's not that incredible of a long shot. Feds wait at the exit of farm shows and stick every diesel truck, especially when they first hit the scene. Lots of guys caught that way.
    Also still lots and lots of exempt fuel ran on the road.
    Interesting thought. I wonder what the Reasonable Articulable Suspicion is for sticking tanks if they wanted to? Wouldnt that be considered a search to see what is inside the tank? Is the tank any different than say, the trunk? Or glove box? Or center console? All of those require RAS to search.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Interesting thought. I wonder what the Reasonable Articulable Suspicion is for sticking tanks if they wanted to? Wouldnt that be considered a search to see what is inside the tank? Is the tank any different than say, the trunk? Or glove box? Or center console? All of those require RAS to search.
    That was before "am I being detained" became popular, I guess.
    But you can expect DOT to stick your tank if you're stopped by them. Regular popo, not so much but I believe they can if they want.
    I guess we just rolled over and accepted it?

Top Bottom