• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did it right, or wrong? (This should be interesting)

• Total voters

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    You must be kidding! First thought is my safety, and not the safety on my weapon. A BG can move very fast either in your direction or the other direction. Using a glock and pointing the BG in the right direction is the only move. DON'T CARRY A WEAPON THAT YOU CAN'T OR WILL NOT USE.
    Otherwise leave it at home!

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I realize they arent exactly the same thing, but the terms are often used to describe one another.. So i guess i need to watch my terminology or people will get all defensive and bent out of shape!! Lol

I know what you meant ,brooks, and I think you did a FINE job in handleing the situation!:cool:

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I selected 'Right'. I get bashed every time I relate an instance like yours, but I tend to let them run away when I've got the drop. They stop, I ease off the trigger, but they only have a few nanomoments and very few ounces to decide.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I remember this thread from 2 years ago! I seem to recall that there were a fair number of folks who really didn't like to be confronted with the video of what happens when you carry a gun, but lack the ability to decide to use it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    You must be kidding! First thought is my safety, and not the safety on my weapon. A BG can move very fast either in your direction or the other direction. Using a glock and pointing the BG in the right direction is the only move. DON'T CARRY A WEAPON THAT YOU CAN'T OR WILL NOT USE.
    Otherwise leave it at home!

Huh? I own SEVERAL handguns and not one of them is a glock. Not only that, I am more inclined to
    A; Kick BG right in the "nards
    B; Beat BG severely about the head and shoulders with my very substantial walking stick, which I will have handy if I am standing upright.
    C; Stab BG repeatedly in the neck
    D; Using a Ruger sp101 and pointing the BG in the right direction.

So as you can see there are many moves to choose from. My response varies with my perception of the nature of the threat. The choices for self-defense are almost endless, and weapons can be anything. A guy can easily plunge a Bic pen into another guy's heart...... DON'T CARRY A PEN THAT YOU CAN'T OR WILL NOT USE.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Okay. I think the best questions would be, how long does it take to find a post from 2 1/2 years ago that you feel you must reply to? And why?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    that's why I CC every single day, you never know when you might have to defend your life or property.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Same as most INGO members.

Top Bottom