• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did it right, or wrong? (This should be interesting)

• Total voters

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Today in Logansport i was at the gas station, just went in for a coke.. I came out and as i was about to get in my car a guy walked out from behind the gas station and said "Give me your money and i wont hurt you"......
    I was thinking who does this douche bag think he is?............... So i instantly drew my Glock out and yelled step back, his eyes got HUGE :n00b: and he backed up, as soon as i got my phone out to call the police he took off running.. Glad i had my Glock!!!!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    question. When you drew your glock out. Where was it pointed? where was your trigger finger? Round in the pipe or not?

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Yes i did wait for the police to show up, i filed a police report and gave the best description i could, not being raciest or rude but he was hispanic and they all look the same to me, so giving a accurate description was difficult... :n00b:

Did you have to wait for the cops to show up?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    this guys next potential victim will be someone he thinks wont be armed...so i hope the little girl driving a hyundai and wearing a beanie is packing some heat

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Better question: Also, why didn't you physically get in your car, and call the cops then? You said you were about to. Drawing was always taught to me as the last possible route before death, and I would have handed him everything except the gun that is my lifeline, while attempting to gather as many details as possible. He leaves with his swag, I leave with my life. Go back in the gas station call 911 with the description of my car, name, license, car contents, etc. I think we needed the expanded version.

Seriously though, Glad you are ok. Just trying to gain insight.

Last edited:

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    They said that they have been having reports of some "Rough looking people" hanging around that area lately.. Thats all they really said other than we will get a hold of you if we find anyone that matches that description, they also were gonna try getting security cam video.. Ok, also it was pointed at his chest, one in the chamber and finger on trigger.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I didn't yet have my door open and what was i supposed to say "hold on while i get my door unlocked"? And i drew on him because he said "give me your money and i wont hurt you"... He said "hurt you" therefor it is a threat and there is no way in hell someone is going to threaten me and me not do something. He could have had a knife, gun, or some other weapon under his coat, so me drawing on him may have stopped him from hurting me.

Better question: Also, why didn't you physically get in your car, and call the cops then? You said you were about to. Drawing was always taught to me as the last possible route before death, and I would have handed him everything except the gun that is my lifeline, while attempting to gather as many details as possible. He leaves with his swag, I leave with my life. Go back in the gas station call 911 with the description of my car, name, license, car contents, etc. I think we needed the expanded version.

Seriously though, Glad you are ok. Just trying to gain insight.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    You did an excellent job OP!

This will be yet another of the daily defense uses of a firearm that the jackass lib media will never acknowledge.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Why does any of that matter?

Actually, I'm curious as well. Not because I have any intention of second guessing you, but for my own learning. The very first time I unholstered for what I thought might be self-defense purposes I found myself with a very good sight picture, a round in the chamber, a very steady hand...and a magazine in the dirt at my feet. I had inadvertently ejected it by having poor thumb placement and a very tight grip. I'm glad I learned it in a situation that turned out to not be life threatening, as I would have had one round, and one round only to defend myself with had it been necessary. You did good. I'm glad you didn't have to shoot him. How did you dig your phone out and dial 911 while holding your gun ready? Just reading your story made me realize that I haven't really got a well practiced plan to do that.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I constantly practice drawing my gun, shooting one handed so that way i can properly hold my gun in one hand and something else (cell phone) in the other.. I had one in the chamber (15 more in the clip) pointed at his chest and finger on the trigger, so if he reached in and pulled out a weapon i was ready to control the situation

Actually, I'm curious as well. Not because I have any intention of second guessing you, but for my own learning. The very first time I unholstered for what I thought might be self-defense purposes I found myself with a very good sight picture, a round in the chamber, a very steady hand...and a magazine in the dirt at my feet. I had inadvertently ejected it by having poor thumb placement and a very tight grip. I'm glad I learned it in a situation that turned out to not be life threatening, as I would have had one round, and one round only to defend myself with had it been necessary. You did good. I'm glad you didn't have to shoot him. How did you dig your phone out and dial 911 while holding your gun ready? Just reading your story made me realize that I haven't really got a well practiced plan to do that.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    he was all like "yo give me yo SH*^!" and you were all like "BI%$#, please"

seriously though, good going

Top Bottom