• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The path to learning is through repentance - that means you have to park your ego at the door and allow yourself to be wrong (or at least lacking in knowledge) - and most gun people are not the least bit interested in that endevor....even for free.
    The highlighted phrase makes no damn sense to me...
    That is not what repentance is....
    Why would the act of reviewing my actions and feeling contrite or regret for past wrongs be needed for one to learn?!

I have never felt guilt or regret for anything I have or have not done in the past. Does that mean I am incapable of learning?!

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    The highlighted phrase makes no damn sense to me...
    That is not what repentance is....
    Why would the act of reviewing my actions and feeling contrite or regret for past wrongs be needed for one to learn?!

I have never felt guilt or regret for anything I have or have not done in the past. Does that mean I am incapable of learning?!

You have to repent of your old ways in order to move forward.

For many that's as simple as admiting they need training.

Magolin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    I'm new to gun ownership and I definitely plan on taking as many classes as time and money allows. The first couple I plan on taking are Guy's classes out at Eagle Creek at my cousin's insistence (apparently he knows him).

I come from the horse world where taking lessons and training indefinitely is the norm. The prevailing attitude is that you can ALWAYS learn something. Sometimes that something you learn is merely that X doesn't work for you or your horse and you never wish to do it again, but you can never have too many 'tools' when it comes to training. Why should training with guns be any different?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm new to gun ownership and I definitely plan on taking as many classes as time and money allows. The first couple I plan on taking are Guy's classes out at Eagle Creek at my cousin's insistence (apparently he knows him).

Welcome to gun ownership and welcome to INGO! :ingo: You should be well on your way after training with Guy. I've been in classes where Guy was a fellow student, which I think is the mark of a good trainer.

I come from the horse world where taking lessons and training indefinitely is the norm. The prevailing attitude is that you can ALWAYS learn something. Sometimes that something you learn is merely that X doesn't work for you or your horse and you never wish to do it again, but you can never have too many 'tools' when it comes to training. Why should training with guns be any different?

Sounds like gun owners could learn a few things from horse owners!

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Everyone is always a student and every instructor should always keep that frame of mind. One that refuses to be taught will fall behind as time goes on.

Look at all the changes in the firearms industry from the past few decades. We just keeping getting better and better with age and technology.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

There is no difference. I have watched lots of hundred dollar bills end up steaming and stinking on the floor behind the horse. But maybe a lesson was learned in the process....

Top Bottom