• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    One of the area I would love to train in is marksmanship, especially when under stress
    Let me know the next time you are going to the range and a couple of us will show up and heckle you, while randomly kicking you in the testicles, and shocking you with a taser....

Would that be enough stress for you?! :popcorn:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Let me know the next time you are going to the range and a couple of us will show up and heckle you, while randomly kicking you in the testicles, and shocking you with a taser....

Would that be enough stress for you?! :popcorn:

Sure...what do you look like?

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I wouldn't worry about him, I bet we could convince printcraft to put on the outfit in his avatar, stand right behind you, and whisper sweet nothings in your ear, in the name of training. Especially if we gave him bacon.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I heard that ACT is going to start teaching "Jeep Driving" classes as follows:

JD101 - how to shift into 4wd
    JD201 - how to drive in snow

tumblr_lj7tw5GZNr1qbcet2.gif

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Which class you gonna take first? Any ideas?

Sorry for the delayed follow up. I was looking at the Fortress Defensive Introduction to Defensive Hangun coming to the Sand Burr Ranch in Rochester. I am a fairly decent shooter, but do not have any experience with drawing from holster. I would also like to make sure my grip technique is proper. The nice thing I like about this couse is that it is less than 10 miles from my house and it's a all day course.

I also looked at the ACT Intermediate class in Warsaw which I thought about as well, but figured I would feel more confortable starting low and working my way up.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry for the delayed follow up. I was looking at the Fortress Defensive Introduction to Defensive Hangun coming to the Sand Burr Ranch in Rochester. I am a fairly decent shooter, but do not have any experience with drawing from holster. I would also like to make sure my grip technique is proper. The nice thing I like about this couse is that it is less than 10 miles from my house and it's a all day course.

I also looked at the ACT Intermediate class in Warsaw which I thought about as well, but figured I would feel more confortable starting low and working my way up.

Our IP101 class would be a good primer for the Fortress Defense class because it's all about shooting and gun handling skills. Then when you get to Frank, you can focus a little more on the defensive applications.

Or, it would work just as well after. I say do both ... you can't go wrong with Fortress Defenses.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Another rarely mentioned thing that makes it hurt...

You're down to eating $1 TV dinners once a day to keep up funds for reloading components so that you can manage to shoot a couple times a month.

You see the number of rounds required for most of these classes, know they generally will not allow reloads, and then actually look at the price of ammunition these days. Youch! Heck with the training cost, the ammo cost trumps it 10 fold if you want to get proficient with something you're lacking with.

Why would I want to train by shooting 38s in my 357, when 38s aren't what's hard to get used to? If I'm paying for professional training, I want to get trained on what I suck at, instead of getting what I'm good at reinforced. Hell, that's the whole reason I wound up buying a revolver recently.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I know a very few gun owners who have taken more classes than the number of guns they own. There always seems to be money for guns (OMG! A NEW SHIELD WONDER PISTOL!!!! MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!!!) but training always comes last.

Mindset Lab classes are one day long for two reasons. It makes them easier to afford and it make them so you don't have to dedicate an entire weekend to taking a single class.

For most gun owners, it wouldn't matter if a class was $1 or $1,000. It isn't a priority. I gave away two free classes on the INGO 'Wheel Of SHWAG' at an Indy 1500 gun show and one guy who won one looked like someone just kicked his puppy.

No kidding - we gave away one of our 6-day Utimate Training Packages three weeks ago and I have yet to hear back from the guy.

The path to learning is through repentance - that means you have to park your ego at the door and allow yourself to be wrong (or at least lacking in knowledge) - and most gun people are not the least bit interested in that endevor....even for free.

Last edited:

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No kidding - we gave away one of our 6-day Utimate Training Packages three weeks ago and I have yet to her back from the guy.

The path to learning is through repentance - that means you have to park your ego at the door and allow yourself to be wrong (or at least lacking in knowledge) - and most gun people are not the least bit interested in that endevor....even for free.

Glock21,
    I would hate for it to go to waste. If the other guy doesn't want it I'll take it.

Top Bottom