• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    So I attend Post Road Christian Church on the Eastside. Our men’s bible study, Fightclub, will be having our Midway event on campus and I need some help.

I would like design something that a group of five guys could build that would shoot something on fire into a giant bonfire to light it up. So in theory the guys would complete five or so events and get a part of it and then at the end assemble it and shoot. Something that could shoot flaming arrows would be preferred.

I would like to keep most of the parts of the weapon made in house out of wood. I could buy some stuff but we are on a church budget and we are not a mega church. Any ideas would be much appreciated no matter how out of the box they are. Thank you guys for your help in advance. Pic just for the sake of having a pic

Attachments

• IMG_3532.jpeg
      IMG_3532.jpeg
      80.2 KB · Views: 17

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    There could be an existing pilot light so to speak, and the teams then bring and assemble the parts to transmit more fuel. I'm thinking a small fire then lit by adding a lot more fuel from a remote location.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    More reliable. Fuel (kerosene) in a bucket perched atop the pile. a hidden candle lit inside a pocket of the pile.

The challenge would be to build something to tip the bucket over. (on a hinge of course so its a controlled drop)
    That keeps all the fire and flame safely contained, with no chance of "missing" with a flaming whatever.

Shooting flaming objects might get this conversation:
    "so what happend to the house next to the field?"
    "Dont ask"

LOL

as I type, maybe a dunk tank type release?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And put the candle inside a large coffee can, that way bystanders cant see the flames. Poke holes in the bottom of the can so it cant hold kerosene. that might make it burn longer than you want with blacker smoke than you want. (unless you are ready to announce a new pope)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    1ECB38D2-71CF-47FC-8927-C1293E3DEF9A_1_105_c.jpeg

If you wanna talk tannerite, I got you.

But I think you're talking non-firearms so...my initial thoughts are similar to CameraMonkeys where something, maybe on fire to make it look like it did the work or maybe not on fire, hits something that "triggers" a flame to expose itself to vapors.

Candles and such are very undependable. Think road flares for ignition source. Maybe road flare gets tipped to light fuse that goes to liquid/vapor source...or road flare gets exposed to vapor...you gotta get the gasoline vaporized...do not go overboard...thinking...

The above picture is one small container of tannerite. Everyone thinks more is better, and that's fine, unless you don't actually want the mower and fridge parts coming back at you. There's a better way. I've gotten a lot of laughs and wows doing this over the years, it's been a while and its time to do it again.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The thought of a flying potato with a tracer brings back memories of my Dad blowing stuff up on the farm. Then, Laughing so hard it hurts.

And the others think I was kidding.
    My main concern about a spud gun is keeping the projectile lit.

And my only shot using mapp gas scared the crap out of me. Took the bark off a tree at 30 yards. That tater was MOVING.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Moved to the break room and edited the post to fit the thread. Hope OP doesnt mind.
    @Jeffforpresident if you need help renaming the thread to something else, let me know. Sometimes after a mod makes a change it removes the ability from the OP to change.

Top Bottom