• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Last Comcast Sales Pouge met my size 11 Red Wing boot. They are scumbags from the "get go". All my family has been reviewing their bills and finding all kind of overcharges! They were just payin' and not even looking. Now the alarm is sounded, a couple dropped them like a hot potato, went Dish or Direct, anything is better than Crapcast.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I know you still have the cable in your yard... but what was the result of your wife's phone call????

Nothing. They told her that since it was our property we would be responsible. P laughed and said you really think that's how it's gonna go? It doesn't change anything. They're customer service is absolutely terrible.

I was supposed to receive a phone call today from "Eugene" in Ann Arbor who is the call center manager but he did not call me as predicted.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    what it all comes down to is, what do you use your internet for? If you do a lot of streaming video, the faster the better... If you only surf the web, DSL is just fine. If you do anything that's a bit more bandwidth-intensive like online gaming, stay away from AT&T/Verizon's DSL... It's even worse if you're out in the country. DSL slows down the further from the switching station you are, and how many other people are in between you and that station. Cable doesn't have those problems.

Comcast's customer service BLOWS, we all know that.. sadly (at least where I live) I have 2 options for internet. Verizon's DSL or Comcast. I've had VERY few problems with Comcast and my internet speeds are screaming fast... meanwhile my Verizon (I think they're called Horizon now, I dunno I stopped getting mailers from them) was constantly going down or incredibly slow... i'm talking sub-500kb/s slow... This is just my experience with the two.. I'd take bad customer service with an exemplary product over bad customer service and bad product any time...

What do I use my Internet for??? Why, only to get on INGO. Is there something else on this Internet aside from INGO??? :D

I use it for work which is just tunneling in through a VPN once or twice a week. 90% is email and web research. My INGO entertainment of course and the family uses it but there isn't any online gaming or live streaming. The occasional Netflix.

Idk, I can't go back to AT&T since I can't afford to be down all the time and Time Warner/Brighthouse isn't an option in my area. I'm all bark right now and I hate that. I usually just bite.

dswanso1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Fishers
    I also dislike comcast. I just switched to AT&T from comcast. I now have more channels, whole house DVR, and much better customer service....all for half the price of comcast! I know my bill will go up in a year, but the price they quoted that it will go up to will still be $50 less than what I was paying for comcast! Also, I know the internet may technically be slower than comcast, but for my purposes I have noticed no difference.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Cinergy Metronet here. I can get the same everything but no more unlimited long distance (who cares) and 50mbps down/25mbps up for internet for 16 bucks a month more. I'm considering it...

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Cinergy Metronet here. I can get the same everything but no more unlimited long distance (who cares) and 50mbps down/25mbps up for internet for 16 bucks a month more. I'm considering it...
    We went to MetroNet here in Franklin too. We dumped Comcast after we had our new house built. We went to MetroNet and were saving a chunk of change. Comcast offered everything short of sexual favors to keep us with them, but I still declined and they were not happy.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My Comcast service is fairly reliable. I switched from ATT because of the speed, and because I could combine my TV, phone and internet on one package and one service. I would have done it sooner, but had to wait for my alarm provider to become compatible with cable service. I also like the free calls to Canada because my wife's family lives there.

I have seem some quality issues with Comcast's line installations on the phone pole in back of my house, same thing at a friend's house. It caused a connection problem for me and I had to wait a couple of days until they came out and fixed it. But for the most part, the service is reliable.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    Commo companys= they are all bad, pick one!

I am currently using comcast and usually do ok with them if your contact is an employee.
    If it is a contractor or a call center employee (probably contract) it is unacceptable.

Top Bottom