• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Once you get the hard drive out, get an external hard drive case for it, about $25 or so at Frye Electronics. The case will have the software necessary to connect the laptop hard drive to your desk top, which will give you access to all of your files. We did this when my wifes laptop died, and now we have an external hard drive to use as a back up.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Call the geek squad.

Dont do that! If you just cannot figure it out and are afraid of doing more harm than good, find a small private computer company. If you take it in there and tell them you just need to remove the hard drive so you can send the computer in for warranty repair, chances are they will pop it out and not charge you anything.

I know because I have done little things and never charged for something like that. My wife, brother and I own a computer networking company that also does repairs and people have brought in systems that they thought were broken but only had a drive cable or power connection loose. I would just hook it back up, test it quick and send them on their way with a "thanks for coming in and tell your friends". They would remember and come back later when they had a real problem.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    RM - follow the directions above , and remove the HD. Then you can get a cable to connect your drive to a USB and hook it back in and save stuff - I actually may have one around here - had to do it a while back. You can also get them at FRY's.... USB-SATA transfer cable is what they are called.

dsol is spot on - you can get help. And whatever you do , don't give up.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Thanks everyone.

BTW...I have no clue who the "Geek Squad" is but I'm not calling. lol.

I've got the screws out now, but the damn thing wont budge and I'm not going to push it. *sigh* I'll be watching videos a lot tonight and try to figure all this out.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Is there something on this HD that you don't want others seeing?

:naughty:
    :flasher:
    :whip:
    :stickpoke:
    :whistle:

:laugh:

SHUT IT. :):

My main concern is that I will lose a year of my childs life in pictures. Christmas, Easter, Halloween etc. I don't want to lose those pictures.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    If I didn't have to work this weekend I could help you out. If you could post a picture of the HD we could tell you how to get that mofo out of there.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This was a fun thread everyone.

I had fun helping a shooting friend plink the hell out of his mainframe hard drive a couple months ago. ( pure Swiss cheese :cool: ) .

TK

Top Bottom