How many left handed shooters we got here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I'm a lefty and have no problem using "right-handed" pistols. I think with practice lefties can use them as well as righties.

Trujillo107

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    NWI
    my wife and I are both in the military but when i first met her she was having trouble qualifying with her 9mm. They don't teach 9mm in basic so it was new to her. Shes right handed but shot like crap and noone new why. then I realized that shes left eye domnaint. We couldn't train her to switch eyes so we taught her left hand techniques and now she shoots damn near better then me.

edg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    1 o'clock on the 465 dial
    Lefty here and left eye dominant. I do fine with my collection, but I did buy a M&P and changed the mag release to the right side. Needless to say it messed me up and I switched it back. I am intrigued by the Charter Arms Southpaw. It's a slow progress anyway and being a lefty makes it even slower.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm a lefty. I think M&Ps are the best thing since sliced bread. CZ-85 is pretty nice too.

Worst I've shot by far is anything black powder! Long sleeve shirt required. :crying:

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    Left handed, but right eye dominant (almost equal). I generally shoot right handed (especially if the gun is built to be right handed). I plan to practice shooting pistols left handed so that it may not eventually matter which hand.:yesway: (I noticed the tumbs up appears to be a right hand).

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    lefty

A lefty here too.Can hardly hit the floor with my hat right handed.One thing I have discovered over the years is the Colt type SAA revolver seem to favor the leftys.Hold the revolver in your left hand,filp open the loading gate with your left thumb,rotate the cylinder with your left index finger while ejecting cases.
    I dont think I have ever shot a .22 auto (rifle) that didnt sting my face!:twocents:

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    Lefty here too. Pistol with left hand and left eye, rifle right handed with right eye.
    Weird, I know

Same with me. I'm left handed; I shoot handguns with my left hand/ left eye. I shoot long guns right handed and use my right eye. I am left eye dominant so I have to close it shooting long gun.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Slightly right handed very left eye dominant. I fire everything left handed by default. I find a lot of ostensibly right handed firearms are actually very well handled left handed, particularly bolt action rifles. I keep my finger on the trigger and use my right hand for the bolt. Actually much faster. The first shot from my first AR put a little red circle on my neck; won't get an upper without a brass deflector now.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Lefty - sorta

Ambidextrous for the most part, seriously left eye dominant however. So I have to shoot left for any serious rifle shooting at distance. I can do pistol either hand, but it has to be with my left eye. So, it becomes this right hand/left eye cross-eyed aiming thing sometimes with pistols.

My :drill: HATED me in the Army for that.

Top Bottom