• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    To get this thread back on track, one answer to the title question is putting Vilsack back in Ag instead of Fudge.

That move certainly hasn't thrilled progressives.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To get this thread back on track, one answer to the title question is putting Vilsack back in Ag instead of Fudge.

That move certainly hasn't thrilled progressives.

Biden even plagiarizes nominees! Picking all of Obama's cabinet isn't exactly unifying just because it's not far left as it could have been. Besides, isn't Fudge getting HUD?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Biden even plagiarizes nominees! Picking all of Obama's cabinet isn't exactly unifying just because it's not far left as it could have been. Besides, isn't Fudge getting HUD?
    She is, but isn't HUD essentially a progressive organization? I really hadn't heard of her before this week.*

My argument is picking someone arguably a centrist and with a proven track record is certainly more unifying than picking a progressive.

To think that Biden would pick right-wing cabinet spots is unrealistic.

* And I can't stop thinking about that Key & Peele sketch.
    CZl_g37WAAEZ3WH.jpg

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As far as investigations into election fraud, the evidence available now really doesn't matter. The seriousness of the charges demand a full investigation with a special prosecutor.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As of now I do not believe there is anything President Elect Biden can do to unify the country. First, the country must want to be united. We are nowhere near there yet. Second, one person from one side could not do this.

Perhaps if it were someone with some respect but no power from BOTH sides of the aisle, then... maybe? I just cannot picture who that would be.

The only way I see someone elected President to do so would be to begin truly depowering the federal government. We argue over so much because so much is at stake! It did not used to be this way. Go back in time about 130 years and there was no big government interference in our lives - ergo, much less to get hot & bothered over.

But no one will even try to do that. They have their power, they want to keep it, and the struggle will continue.

Sadly...

Regards,

Doug

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That speech he gave last Wed ticked me off so much that my speech may have hit the INGO filter a time or two and it's gotten worse since then.
    After the election Biden started talking about how we all need to come together and find unity. I think what he meant is come together under him. He's not unifying. He's dividing us even more. This next four years will not be a great time in American history. It's shaping up so far to be quite miserable. But half the country will think they love it.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    If only the masses could be reeducated so their mindset aligned better with the incoming Administration, then we could all be united. Perhaps Joe can get some pointers from Xi Jinping.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The only way I see someone elected President to do so would be to begin truly depowering the federal government. We argue over so much because so much is at stake! It did not used to be this way. Go back in time about 130 years and there was no big government interference in our lives - ergo, much less to get hot & bothered over.

AMEN and well said.

The central leviathan needs to be chained down, kicked back in its cage, and even dissolved.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I think as it always is with the left.. especially the marxist left.. when they use words like "unite, negotiate, compromise etc" what they really mean is complete capitulation to their ideas by the opposition. Anyone with internet or a library can go back and find hundreds of examples where ideas put forth by opposition that were identical to ideas put forth by the left were rejected simply because they do not want the opposition to have any wins, even when its good for the people. You cannot not unite oil and water. There are fundamental differences that cannot be resolved unless one side completely capitulates to the other. It is the same reason there can never be peace in the middle east.. it boils down to one belief by another group that a certain group is seen as termites or subhuman and has no right to exist. That is a deep held hatred that has been in existence since Abraham. Even worse, the politicians here have capitalized on this and allowed it to become part of the mainstream programming here. There is only one that will solve this and he has not returned yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    As of now I do not believe there is anything President Elect Biden can do to unify the country. First, the country must want to be united. We are nowhere near there yet. Second, one person from one side could not do this.

<snip>

Doug
    This is the key. We say we want to be united, but what we mean is we want the other guys to realize that we are right and join us.

Top Bottom