• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Amazing. Haven’t been paying attention to the news, but hadn’t heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    On a side note, I work with natural gas every day. It could be a leak anywhere in the block and it followed the pat of least resistance, which happened to be that service. And anything from a light switch to the AC kicking on could ignite it.
    Having said that, I think someone turned the gas on before leaving

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    On a side note, I work with natural gas every day. It could be a leak anywhere in the block and it followed the pat of least resistance, which happened to be that service. And anything from a light switch to the AC kicking on could ignite it.

This could be true. About 10 years or so ago we had a under ground boring company hit a gas line across the street from where I live. The gas followed the line in to one of the condo's and it exploded. I missed seeing it but I heard and felt it. My wife was looking out the window at the time it blew. I can't repeat her exact words in open forum. But she said it was terrifying. No one was home. I think a couple of pets were lost. Along with the complete building.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

That's not quite what happened, but you aren't too far off.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Fun story about homes with natural gas. Around 20 years ago, when my wife was pregnant with our child we lived in an apartment with a gas water heater, gas heat, and stove. One night as we were going to bed, she tells me she smells gas. I check the whole apartment. I check with the cats, they aren't acting anything but normal. I tell her I don't smell it. Leading up to this my wife had been smelling strange smells quite often. Who ever was around her at the time didn't smell what she was smelling. Finally she crys at me "I don't want to wake up dead in the morning." I had a rough time not laughing when she said this.

I offered to call maintenance, the gas company, etc. I told her we could go to a hotel for the night, we just needed to find one we could take the cats. After a little crying, she calmed down and said she didn't smell it anymore and we would be fine. The Maintenance people didn't find anything wrong the next day.

When we built the house in 2000, we didn't get gas hooked up to the house. In fact they didn't offer it in our part of the neighborhood. The section behind us has the ability to have gas, and the gas lines run through our yard.

Top Bottom