• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Everybody is broke right now, only career welfare people are living large.
    Lol. Broad brush you paint with there. Not everyone is broke. Some have been blessed not to be affected by the economy. Some skimp on other things to buy guns. Then some buy **** they shouldn't and couldn't afford in the first place and then have to have a fire sale.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I built an AR with magpul stock, trigger guard and grip for $550, and another for under $600 with all magpul FDE furniture, and that was only several months ago.

They have blem kits for 440$ shipped. You'd have to attach 3 rifles together to get to 1200$ used value.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Get ready for the biggest gun and ammunition glut of all time. When it hits the money is coming out of the mattresses. Good buys will be everywhere. Obama can't "scare" anymore. Everyone who has already "scared" by him has bought enough guns and ammo to require 10 ply tires to bring it home.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Get ready for the biggest gun and ammunition glut of all time. When it hits the money is coming out of the mattresses. Good buys will be everywhere. Obama can't "scare" anymore. Everyone who has already "scared" by him has bought enough guns and ammo to require 10 ply tires to bring it home.

There can and always will be scares. People do dumb things and bring firearms into the media by doing bad things, some politicians will never like firearms or agree with them either.

Even when people are broke and don't need anything, if they're scared they'll loose something, they'll buy it and then they'll judge if they'll keep it by what happens in the future.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Several things to keep in mind;

• Hillary getting nomination & the lib media projecting a huge win before the election
    • how many more "new" shooters there will be hitting the market in the next 2-3 years. Many of the now 16 & 17 year olds are looking forward to purchasing when they come of age
    • anti gun legislation being proposed & moving forward
    • ____________________________ (fill in the blank here with a tragedy involving a firearm)
    • Gluts can quickly be absorbed when market dynamics change

There will always be those which make impulse buys based on emotion & perceived reality.

I found an empty box at the range a few weeks ago, Galyans .38 special marked $7.99. There will be market corrections however I am certain that prices will continue average steadily northward.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Gluts can quickly be absorbed when market dynamics change.

That takes money. People don't have any. You've got over one third, (100,000,000), people in this country who are basically broke. They're living paycheck to paycheck. Not much leeway in those type of economics for guns and toys. Regardless of how much one thinks they "need them". Most need food and a roof over their head more.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I am not convinced that there are that many people here (USA) living in "poverty". People spend money on things that are important to them.
    Cable bills, cigarettes, alcohol, other discretional & recreational spending constitute a substantial amount for a lot of people out there.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I agree that most people have items on their shopping list that are not "live without" items. But you have to factor in the FACT that the cost of living has quadrupled in the last 15 years, and wages have not even doubled. Most people are aware of the change, but are cushioned from the raw effects because they are established in their position at work, and make better money, and they have more than one household income. Think about those who will be starting out in this economy. ONE income, which will be lower than yours. It doesnt make for much promise. I work 50-60hrs a week, live alone in a 1BR apartment on the edge of the ghetto. I have NO TV, only basic internet. I dont party, dont smoke, dont do drugs, and after paying my bills, Im still broke. I AM however, surrounded by people who do not leave for work in the morning when I do, and they ALL have nicer vehicles than me, and wear nicer clothes than me. It seems to me, if your a single white male in this country now days, your pretty much screwed.
    As far as families go. I loved my ex and wanted a family, but these days, Im happy as hell that we didnt, because I couldnt afford it.

I honestly dont know how people live anymore....

Hell, i have to save up to buy ANYTHING over $200
    THIS is modern America.

Last edited:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I am not convinced that there are that many people here (USA) living in "poverty". People spend money on things that are important to them.

They're not "living in poverty". They're living beyond their means. I work with people who have huge mortgages on too big a house they don't need, 2 car payments, $160.00 a month cell phone bills, 5 digits worth of credit card debt that is revolving at 21+%. Then they complain they "can't afford" health care or can't contribute to the 401-K.

Their financial priorities are totally screwed up. They sign their paychecks every week, then give them to someone else, and have nothing left. You can't live like that without becoming a financial train wreck in short order. Many of these people are headed to their second bankruptcy. No one saves anymore because they buy too much crap. Their money burns a hole in their pockets. These are the 100,000,000+ I'm talking about. They're everywhere. I probably have half a dozen living on my block. They've become the rule rather than the exception. That's dangerous. Most didn't learn a damn thing from the housing fiasco 6 years ago. Many got cleaned out, then jumped right back in, with the out of control spending. We are a government of the people. And the people are spending as foolishly as the government. And proportionately borrowing just as much to do it. Most will never see any type of retirement.......Unless they can live on air and sunshine.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    They're not "living in poverty". They're living beyond their means. I work with people who have huge mortgages on too big a house they don't need, 2 car payments, $160.00 a month cell phone bills, 5 digits worth of credit card debt that is revolving at 21+%. Then they complain they "can't afford" health care or can't contribute to the 401-K.

Their financial priorities are totally screwed up. They sign their paychecks every week, then give them to someone else, and have nothing left. You can't live like that without becoming a financial train wreck in short order. Many of these people are headed to their second bankruptcy. No one saves anymore because they buy too much crap. Their money burns a hole in their pockets. These are the 100,000,000+ I'm talking about. They're everywhere. I probably have half a dozen living on my block. They've become the rule rather than the exception. That's dangerous. Most didn't learn a damn thing from the housing fiasco 6 years ago. Many got cleaned out, then jumped right back in, with the out of control spending. We are a government of the people. And the people are spending as foolishly as the government. And proportionately borrowing just as much to do it. Most will never see any type of retirement.......Unless they can live on air and sunshine.

There isn't a *thing* here I disagree with, very well said! People fool themselves into thinking they "deserve" something, or are "entitled" to it. I suspect many of us know family members, friends, or neighbors who are on their second, maybe even third bankruptcy, foreclosure, car repossession, etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Example. My sons friend has a decent enough job. He has a motorcycle, new $200 tennis shoes and just dropped $400 on a tattoo. He has a toothache and does not want to spend the $50 towards the insurance co-pay for a dentist. I just watched him down load an app of some kind that set him back $55 on his $400 phone. Then starts biatching that he is broke.
    Micro-wave instant gratification for way too many.
    One of my long time friends is raising 2 boys and living the tight rope check to check thing. He is not dropping any money outside his restricted budget. I told him I would take him and the boys out shooting. He said there is no way he has the extra money for ammo. I believe him.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Layaway, 10% down, out in 10 months? :):

It's not that crazy of a concept, the gun store I worked at in MI had 10% down and one year layaway you just had to pay something once a month. It did allow people to buy guns they never could have gotten otherwise like Grade VI brownings etc. or high end 1911's. Most people never went the year so it didn't matter. We had a ton of layaways so there was always a ton of cash coming in just from that. It was an older well established business that got a lot of product direct with extended terms so that helped as well. I would say it was probably the most important factor in beating other shops in the area.

Top Bottom