• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    there are some amazing deals on pistol AK's at the moment. I'm buying a yugo m85 tmw for $400 and 20 steel mags for $99. New is the way to go right now. Anything used is 150% over what it should be given the "new" market.

I have to agree with this. Why pay for a used WASR when I can get one brand new from Atlantic Firearms for $519.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I have to agree with this. Why pay for a used WASR when I can get one brand new from Atlantic Firearms for $519.

That's evem still more than I'd pay for a WASR. I bet the drop into the high $400's by mid summer... just to skyrocket again in the fall.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    there are some amazing deals on pistol AK's at the moment. I'm buying a yugo m85 tmw for $400 and 20 steel mags for $99. New is the way to go right now. Anything used is 150% over what it should be given the "new" market.

Where are you getting M85 mags for $5 a piece? I've an M85 SBR being built and I'll pick up some extra mags if they are that cheap.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Where are you getting M85 mags for $5 a piece? I've an M85 SBR being built and I'll pick up some extra mags if they are that cheap.

J&G sales
    Well word is... because the new m85 NP is coming out soon, every distributer has to liquidate their m85's and all the m85 mags, if not then they're screwed. The M85 NP will have the AR mag well permanently attached. Since the 5.56 AK market is pretty mag specific and every mag is married to the specific rifle it's made for, it makes it very difficult to find mags sometime. So the introduction of the m85 NP will absolutely crush and monopolize the 5.56 AK market in short.
    I was gonna buy an m85 today, but think I'll buy the m92 instead. I don't want a gun I bought for $400 to degrade in value so much. Nowwwww, if they aren't able to make the sale #'s the want, and are forced to sell in the low $300's and even 200's, I'll pick a m85 PV up lol. Thank goodness to a friend and member here who made me aware, before I was about to buy lol!

In you case, since you've already purchased one and probably applied for the form 1, I'd buy all the mags you can get, as I'm pretty sure after the NP comes out, and all the PV mags sell out, they'll be impossible to find. Heck, order 40 and keep 20 of em to sell down to road to the ones who are stuck without a stockpile of pv mags. The pv itself won't be an investment at this point, but I can see the mags possibly becoming one.

From my knowledge, the only difference between the pv and the np is that the np will have the ar magwell and a krink muzzle break. What I'm most excited for is a 100rd ar drum sbr m85 haha!

treeman22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Indy North
    I tried to tell people this would happen but they wouldn't listen.
    the same thing will happen with ammo prices soon enough, as retailers try to move stock that was flowing like a river just months ago.
    Even .22 will make a comeback. I've noticed the flippers are having to drop prices recently.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I tried to tell people this would happen but they wouldn't listen.
    the same thing will happen with ammo prices soon enough, as retailers try to move stock that was flowing like a river just months ago.
    Even .22 will make a comeback. I've noticed the flippers are having to drop prices recently.

.223 and 9 MM is already down to what it was pre Sandy Hook. And I remember people telling me the days of reasonable priced ammo are over. That lasted 15 minutes. I think they'll drop lower....WAY LOWER. People are going to start choking on all this stuff they stockpiled, thinking the sky was falling.

Able Ammo

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I've been trying to sell a hell of a deal for the past few days, priced about $200 or so below worth and absolutely nothing! I've posted it up on forums all across the country. I've never experienced this before. Anyone else having trouble?
    I dunno, depends on what 'a hell of a deal' is now. Market's not really 'at a halt'. Sell cheap enough, and someone will buy it up pronto. Just depends on how fast someone wants to sell something.

Want the market to 'move'? Whacha got that you're referring to? I'll give ya $50 for it. There, now the market is moving again! :laugh:

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I dunno, depends on what 'a hell of a deal' is now. Market's not really 'at a halt'. Sell cheap enough, and someone will buy it up pronto. Just depends on how fast someone wants to sell something.

Want the market to 'move'? Whacha got that you're referring to? I'll give ya $50 for it. There, now the market is moving again! :laugh:

haha. I've had several quality guns for sale (all finally sold) for pretty low prices. Strangely enough, the gun I priced on the high side (glock 26 gen 4) sold within 2 days. I'm not surprised though. Glock has pretty much the highest resale value out of any other modern brand. You can buy a brand new glock, get some hard use out of it, and sell it for $50-$75 less than you paid. All my guns I USE, and use hard. The key is keeping them in like new condition though. A quality gun will shoot better at 1000rds than 0rds anyways.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I can't believe all the sPSA m4geries for 1k+ when you can build one for 550$ish. Everyone is pricing their crap based on what they paid, not the sale prices within the last year. Used is used, NIB or 'the last guy only shot 50 rounds' is straight garbage. People would be buying and selling if pricing was at 80% current new sale price.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    .223 and 9 MM is already down to what it was pre Sandy Hook. And I remember people telling me the days of reasonable priced ammo are over. That lasted 15 minutes. I think they'll drop lower....WAY LOWER. People are going to start choking on all this stuff they stockpiled, thinking the sky was falling.

Able Ammo

there is always a "bottom" for new production, walmart is usually right there.

but there is no bottom to the used market. people who bought 5k plus rounds of ammo, and will start needing to make morgage payments, or want to eat, will sell their stuff for whatever they can get for it. with more people needing to sell stuff they dont need, itll make the prices even lower. same with rifles.

with ar15s, they can get VERY customized, so when people try to sell their perfect ar15 builds, they wont be able to get their money back out of it. not directing this twards any ar15 in particular, im just saying. same principle when some girl gets the bright idea to paint their Yukon bright pink.. lol. mods dont always add value, and rarely add the same value as the parts. in a lot of cases i think people could get more money out of their ar15 builds by parting them out.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    One thing I have or never will do is purchase anything gun related on credit. The market is so dynamic. All my firearm related purchases are with extra cash I have left over after savings and bills. My fiance and I don't go out much, don't drink much, and live pretty simply. It allows us to have fun with the things we do love... riding motorcycles, and shooting guns. All these guys who have put thousands on their cards during the panic are effed with a horrible investment, and its even worse that they still have to pay on something that is worth 75% of what they paid.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Taxes are always accompanied by this little diddy...I owe, I owe, so off to work I go. WTH is a return.....:dunno:

You dont know what a return is?

You would if you had 5 children, from 6 different guys(figure that out)
    didnt work
    and spent $1000 on gold teeth, $5000 on a set of rims on your $500 car, and a carton of cigs a week, and 2 gallons of gin a week, while needing the gubment to feed and clothe your children.

Im in a ranty mood today. Must be my weekend lack of Garrison, getting to me.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The market is crawling like a tired dog. I think it may come to almost a complete halt in about another month. Once summer is here, guns and related items tend to fall off the radar.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I actually picked up a rifle and shotgun about a month ago. I only bought them because the deals were too good to pass up. I lost the savings though when I had to let my wife go shopping to make up for it......

Top Bottom