• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I've been trying to sell a hell of a deal for the past few days, priced about $200 or so below worth and absolutely nothing! I've posted it up on forums all across the country. I've never experienced this before. Anyone else having trouble?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    If it is your AR, that does look like a pretty good deal for a gas piston AR. If it is your Sparc, it is not that great. I saw a new one today for $129 shipped.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Not much seems to be selling for cash. Trading is still doing ok. I have recently listed several items and only actually sold one for cash. The rest have all been straight trades or trades with ammo added to even. Tough market right now.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    If it is your AR, that does look like a pretty good deal for a gas piston AR. If it is your Sparc, it is not that great. I saw a new one today for $129 shipped.

Yes, gas piston is mine. Literally, it was on GB for 12 days, about 30 different firearm barter FB groups, Armslist, and 6 forums. I've never had such a difficult time selling something that was reduced this much. Its a quality setup too. Just had to vent my frustration.

And yes, the SPARC is priced a little on the high side. But that's actually getting a ton of attention. Its SPF. Idk what the Hecks going on. Everyone has to be tapped out from the scare.

I figured, someone that's into AR's and knows what reliability a gas piston setup offers would jump on this with the tax returns coming in. I'm shocked.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The best explanation I can offer is that you should not believe all the nice stories about economic recovery that you are hearing from the usual suspects.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    And yes, the SPARC is priced a little on the high side. But that's actually getting a ton of attention. Its SPF. Idk what the Hecks going on. Everyone has to be tapped out from the scare.

I figured, someone that's into AR's and knows what reliability a gas piston setup offers would jump on this with the tax returns coming in. I'm shocked.

I'm not tapped at all from the scare. I didn't buy anything nor did I sell. I only traded my Sig556(which I miss) for a Standard M1A. I already have 6 ARs and don't need another one. I have no need for a gas piston system as it is no more reliable than a DI AR unless you are running full-auto or a suppressor. I actually have 2 extra BCGs laying around as I don't know what I should do with them.:dunno: The only thing I am buying right now is ammo. YMMV

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The best explanation I can offer is that you should not believe all the nice stories about economic recovery that you are hearing from the usual suspects.

It has been very slow over the last 3 months. I was hoping that things would pick up with tax returns coming in, but it hasn't happened. I'm getting calls from distributors and wholesalers that never used to call.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    The market is not on recovery. People who have been on unemployment, many around indiana, are running out or are out of benefits. From what I hear tax returns are getting smaller too, not sure why but that is what I am being told.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Couple the fact that unemployment benefits ran out, or are about to run out, with the fact that the market has been flooded with AR's, you're not going to sell that easily.

Sorry.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I don't think the market is flooded with AR's. I am looking for a good lower and having a heck of a time finding one. Spikes website is still on back order anywhere between 2-8 months depending on which one. Ammo is going back down and mags are back to normal but the market is still very off.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I don't think the market is flooded with AR's. I am looking for a good lower and having a heck of a time finding one. Spikes website is still on back order anywhere between 2-8 months depending on which one. Ammo is going back down and mags are back to normal but the market is still very off.

The major name brands are still hard to find, quality over quantity and all that, but there are a lot of new companies popping up bringing AR's to the market.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    If you think the firearms market is bad. Check out how long some houses have been sitting on the market. Add to the fact people are either outright losing their health care, or else are experiencing major benefit reductions at increased prices, and there is little money available for toys these days.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    The thing I have heard the most (granted, this is only over hearing stuff in LGS), is the lack of affordable ammo is causing people to not buy more firearms, especially in a caliber they don't have "stocked".

I have just started reloading, & have 0.7% interest in buying another firearm, spending to much time stalking the elusive gunpowder snipe.

Co-workers know I'm a firearm enthusiast, but their only questions are about buying ammo, haven't asked about guns in months.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    After the huge spike in LP prices over the last 3 months people are trying to decide whether to be warm or eat. My bill was over $1k 2 months in a row. It's normally $350. Maybe that's part of it.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Hey, I posted a $400 .9999 fine silver bracelet for sale for $150 and no one wanted it. So your situation doesn't really surprise me. The market is a fickle beast.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    The market is extremely soft right now, and it will get softer in the coming months and through the summer.

This 100% work has been slow for alot of us contractors and subcontractors this winter, penny pinching, just gettin by has been the song for alot of us. But the work is here! The season is warming up and guys like us will deffinitly have some spending loot here soon.

Top Bottom