• ...and so much more!
  • t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    So, a question. Say you lived/recreated in an area where there is a chance for an encounter with bears or big cats.
    And say the new JXP 10, with it's 10+1 capacity, reliably cycled heavy flat nosed loads like this: Underwood 10mm
    Would you chose it over a large caliber revolver ?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So, a question. Say you lived/recreated in an area where there is a chance for an encounter with bears or big cats.
    And say the new JXP 10, with it's 10+1 capacity, reliably cycled heavy flat nosed loads like this: Underwood 10mm
    If it proves reliable? I would definitely take 10+1 over a revolver. No matter how ugly…. Lol

Scott58

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    I can't speak to the handguns, but I have the carbine in .45acp and love it. No malfunctions with roughly 1000 rounds through it. 5" 6" groups at 50 yards are common with open sights. Thinking about getting one in 9mm.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke

The Hi-Point 10mm does have a decided advantage of when a bear or big cat stumbles out of breath during a charge when it caught sight of your choice of handgun and started laughing so hard.

maceace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    I can't speak to the handguns, but I have the carbine in .45acp and love it. No malfunctions with roughly 1000 rounds through it. 5" 6" groups at 50 yards are common with open sights. Thinking about getting one in 9mm.
    From what I've heard their handguns are not very reliable, and their carbines are good to go....

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    I have also heard of questions of reliability in the handguns. It has been probably 10 years since I have last shot one as the buddies that did have them realized spending a little more got them a lot in terms of pistols. I would have a hard time using this as a defense gun knowing their track record, that being said I think it is best to be skeptical of any new gun you have with intentions of carrying.

The video reported low return rate and good warranty so who knows maybe they have increased quality over the years, I guess time will tell.

jcole123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2022
    Indianapolis

I know there are some who love Hi Point here, and they have a 10mm pistol MSRP $225
    This model will be out January 2023

View attachment 245280

As much as people love to rag on Hi Point, I’ve shot the 995 Carbine many times and only had a few issues. Obviously it’s not going to be wildly impressive or accurate, but for a $300 carbine with an optic and rails it holds up pretty well.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    From what I've heard their handguns are not very reliable, and their carbines are good to go....
    the early hipoints were very unreliable. i have a 15 yr old .40 pistol and have never had any problems. close to 4k rounds through it by now.

i have close to 2500 rounds through the 9mm carbine. absolutely love it. i wanted the 10mm carbine but the lgs would/coupdn't hold it for one day til i got paid. i even offered to put half down just to hold it 24 hrs.

i might get me a yeet cannon just for the name

Top Bottom