• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    IMO, most of the reliability questions are simply rumors repeated by those that have never shot one. The size, weight, and (lack) of ergonomics are the issues not the reliability.
    Long story short but a group of us recently took a new 40SW hipoint from the box to the range. Dry as a bone and still zero failures through the first 70-80 rounds.

It functioned and hit where it was pointed.

It ain't no Wilson Combat but it did was it was suppose to do.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Long story short but a group of us recently took a new 40SW hipoint from the box to the range. Dry as a bone and still zero failures through the first 70-80 rounds.

It functioned and hit where it was pointed.

It ain't no Wilson Combat but it did was it was suppose to do.
    Back in the early 2000s I bought a pair on a lark for about $100 total because they were more than a little worse for wear. I'm not sure exactly what happened to them but if their previous owners were attached to them when it happened, they would have been lucky to escape with a long stay in the hospital. I sent them in for repair and both were replaced with new pistols plus a couple extra mags. I put several hundred rounds through each without a single failure before I sold them a few years later.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Does it come in Muddy Girl Pink camo? I was gonna get a fanny pack to match my .40, but a 10mm sounds like more fun.

20221231_131551.jpg

maceace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    IMO, most of the reliability questions are simply rumors repeated by those that have never shot one. The size, weight, and (lack) of ergonomics are the issues not the reliability.
    I do not have any personal experience with either their handguns or rifles personally, but again I've heard lots of good stuff about their carbines, and a 10mm carbine would a very formidable all around weapon...
    By the way, I'm sure they are more reliable that what most people say about them, and I'm sure they've probably killed more "homies" than the ultra custom top dollar handguns that only ever shoot at paper.......

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have the 10mm carbine and all I can say is it's a hoot to shoot.
    I only have a few hundred rounds through it but I have not had a single issue.
    My only gripe with it is the lack of a high(er) capacity magazine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I see hi point is staying true to their good looks....
    I have their 9mm carbine. Ugly but really shoots well. If this pistol is reliable, $225 for a 10mm would be hard to pass up, looks not withstanding.
    Edit to add, Sportsmanoutdoorsuperstore has a pre-order at $219.99. Five bucks saved is five bucks earned, or whatever.

Murphys law

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2022
    Indiana
    I had a 955ts Hi-point Carbine about ten years ago that was a 9mm. It ran cheap remington range ammo like it ought to. The spring loaded Butt-plate was a great addition for the carbine in larger calibers, managing recoil better than a more expensive competitors In my experience however the early 90's era hi-point pistols were very hit or miss when it came to quality control. Not limp wristing a gun helps in the cycling but often it didn't matter. First time gun owners who purchased the hi-points often had a tough time managing the recoil leading to reviews of unreliability. Also the mags were not interchangeable, the old C9 mags don't support last round hold open, correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't the original owner of the company from Wabash? I might see if I can rent this new 10mm at my local shooting range for an unbiased updated review.

Hassiebawked

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 18, 2019
    South Central Indiana

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Lord have Mercy, that thing is Butt-Ugly.
    Be interesting to see how it holds up after 500-1000 rounds.
    Never Shot one & won't ever buy one.
    Love 10mm, but prefer the Classics (1911 style along with S & W 610)

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I find it comical how those that have to harp on manufacturer have NEVER shot or even held a hipoint. I just say they are ignorant. My first was the c9 and then i got the 45 model. The c9 was crap with stovepipes, fte an such. Mags had problems and so did the feed ramps. Once those were fixed it was fine. The 45 was a great shooter with no problems. I went as far as stripping the paint from the slides and polished them to mirror finishes. That gave them a nice look. They are "heavy" to give less kickback and that is exactly how it was..low kickback. All these ignorant comments would be the same as me going on all the threads and bashing those ugly plastic square hunks of material you call a glock. I have never held 1 or shot 1. I just hate the looks of them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I find it comical how those that have to harp on manufacturer have NEVER shot or even held a hipoint. I just say they are ignorant. My first was the c9 and then i got the 45 model. The c9 was crap with stovepipes, fte an such. Mags had problems and so did the feed ramps. Once those were fixed it was fine. The 45 was a great shooter with no problems. I went as far as stripping the paint from the slides and polished them to mirror finishes. That gave them a nice look. They are "heavy" to give less kickback and that is exactly how it was..low kickback. All these ignorant comments would be the same as me going on all the threads and bashing those ugly plastic square hunks of material you call a glock. I have never held 1 or shot 1. I just hate the looks of them.
    I don't see many saying they aren't reliable just, ugly, and 2lb sledgehammer heavy.

IIRC I seen the demolition ranch guy beat, and shot a hi point pistol and it still fired lol.

You are right about glock being ugly also. They are however very dependable firearms.

Top Bottom