• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    So why doesn't she (or didn't she in the first place) resolve the license issue? That said, the dark side of me can see other issues if he is a young man and she is attractive.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You guys are alluding to stalking

No, the OP is doing that. This is just a phasers to creepy moment. It would be a fun deposition.:D

Stalker.gif

And this from my own INGOtarian stalker fan club:

200_s.gif

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My question as to stalking, how did said officer KNOW who, out of ALL the Best Buy employees, did the car belong to? I mean I once worked in a place that had 4-5 Julie's, 2 Amanda's, several Williams or Bill's, etc. if he specifically went to her...set phasers to creepy is indeed in play!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This has always been the problem I've seen, the presumption of truth because of one's job, because in theory, the officer has nothing to gain or lose, either way, while it's to the non-LEO's benefit to tell a falsehood if it gets them out of trouble. In a word, "BULL". We all know that if, as it seems to some including me, this officer has targeted her, it is to his advantage for whatever reason it is in his head to do whatever he's done.

The simple fact is that unless there is proof that she did drive it on the public roads, she doesn't have to perjure herself. All she has to do is plead the Fifth. It's not up to her to prove her innocence, it's up to him to prove her guilt. Now...

Is it really worth it to him to expend all the effort and resources to do that for a DWS from a couple weeks earlier, and if so, why? This is a case, to me, of, "Don't you have better things to do than harass this one citizen who wanted to do Christmas for people, and may have been waiting only for a paycheck and a day off to go pay Caesar what is Caesar's?

Blessings,
    Bill
    It's supposed to be that way. Unless she has a jury trial, I doubt it would be.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    yes this really happened, attractive idk I haven't seen in her a few years she found me on Facebook recently and has no pictures but she used to be at least.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    IANAL, so take this with a grain of salt:

Unless the officer actually SAW the person with a suspended license drive home and back to work, the officer has zero evidence that a crime took place, only speculation.

For the crime of DWSL, I'm pretty sure that the only probable cause is actual knowledge of a suspended licence that has not been reinstated, and the officer witnessing the person in question driving. Similar to DUI. Seeing a drunk person in a bar, and then seeing their car at their house an hour later is not enough PC to write a ticket for DUI.

Also, the fact that the plates are tied to an owner with a suspended license does not mean that the driver of the car has a suspended license. Without checking the driver's license, the officer has zero evidence that a crime took place.

I.E. if the driver is living with her parents, the mother having the same name as her (call her Diane Smith), then the car would show up registered to a Diane Smith (the mother), who has a suspended license. Diane Smith (the daughter) has come on hard times and had to get a job at Best Buy after her accounting firm collapsed, and had to sell her car and drive her mom's car. Now the car is registered to a Diane Smith with a suspended license and driven by a Diane Smith with a valid license.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This has always been the problem I've seen, the presumption of truth because of one's job, because in theory, the officer has nothing to gain or lose, either way, while it's to the non-LEO's benefit to tell a falsehood if it gets them out of trouble. In a word, "BULL". We all know that if, as it seems to some including me, this officer has targeted her, it is to his advantage for whatever reason it is in his head to do whatever he's done.

The simple fact is that unless there is proof that she did drive it on the public roads, she doesn't have to perjure herself. All she has to do is plead the Fifth. It's not up to her to prove her innocence, it's up to him to prove her guilt. Now...

Is it really worth it to him to expend all the effort and resources to do that for a DWS from a couple weeks earlier, and if so, why? This is a case, to me, of, "Don't you have better things to do than harass this one citizen who wanted to do Christmas for people, and may have been waiting only for a paycheck and a day off to go pay Caesar what is Caesar's?

Blessings,
    Bill

Not sure where this took place but it seems there may be a dept with some officers having way too much time on their hands and may be in need of some downsizing. At the same time he may be a gogetter he did give the ticket in plain clothes so maybe he was on his own time or as BBI said maybe he's new and/or has no life :dunno:

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Not sure where this took place but it seems there may be a dept with some officers having way too much time on their hands and may be in need of some downsizing. At the same time he may be a gogetter he did give the ticket in plain clothes so maybe he was on his own time or as BBI said maybe he's new and/or has no life :dunno:

State officer in Merrillville indiana best buy

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well the whole check your plates while your in the parking lot has been ruled legit. My concern now is dishing out a ticket/summons to court in plain clothes off duty for something you "think" happened weeks ago and have no proof of
    Some officer has WAY too much time on their hands......

Top Bottom