Here we go Boys & Girls, time for a new war.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I'm far from a Biden supporter but if the reports are true and US forces in Iraq were targeted with rocket attacks by Iranian backed militias in Syria a response to those attacks would not be out of line IMO.

I would say the same thing if it were Trump. Gotta be honest here.
    ^THIS^ (mostly)

I'd go a bit further and say that retaliation for a rocket attack with fatalities is REQUIRED, otherwise, GTFO of the region.

Were the rest of you aware of the rocket attack fatalities before the retaliatory strike? It did not come across my news feeds until we retaliated. Not saying it was suppressed... hmmmm...

Finally, I've read several accounts indicating that the timing and targets were selected to AVOID fatalities... i.e. attempting as much as possible to only "break things". Sorry, but this projects almost as much weakness as not responding... fatal attacks should beget purposefully fatal retaliations, IMO.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Perhaps the rocket attacks were in response to the provocation of Biden sending a few hundred more troops into the country as soon as he was sworn in and in spite of repeated requests by Syria that we get out of their country.

Had he not done that, would there have been rocket attacks to retaliate against?

I don't know why we still had troops in Syria, it seems to me DJT should have pulled them all out of there prior to the election.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Perhaps the rocket attacks were in response to the provocation of Biden sending a few hundred more troops into the country as soon as he was sworn in and in spite of repeated requests by Syria that we get out of their country.

Had he not done that, would there have been rocket attacks to retaliate against?

I don't know why we still had troops in Syria, it seems to me DJT should have pulled them all out of there prior to the election.
    He was probably hesitant because the last time he pulled troops out, they cried that he was leaving the kurds to die. This ******** of the US being the world's police needs to stop. If we keep being "armed mediators" for every skirmish that pops up in the middle east, we might as well just build a permanent base there.

Maybe we'll strategically strike Myanmar next. Oh wait, that's Chinese backed isn't it?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I'm far from a Biden supporter but if the reports are true and US forces in Iraq were targeted with rocket attacks by Iranian backed militias in Syria a response to those attacks would not be out of line IMO.

I would say the same thing if it were Trump. Gotta be honest here.
    That may be true, and if so I can support our response.

However, that does not preclude me asking that others live by the rules and constraints that they foist upon others.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I wonder how many Kurds a pallet of cash flattens?

View attachment 127757
    Is that a C-141? That's a 4K Hyster fork lift, regular pallets (no 463L aircraft pallets or a 463L-rated fork lift in sight).

And the answer is 6 if it's an aircraft pallet. DO NOT TRY TO CATCH AN AIRCRAFT PALLET NO MATTER HOW MANY PARACHUTES IT HAS!!! YOU WILL GET SMUSHED!!!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mike Pompeo agrees with the response when Laura Ingraham asked him about his reaction to the airstrikes starting at about the 2:42 min mark.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm missing the point you're trying to make.
    The point I'm trying to make is that I most certainly don't believe Pompeo to be a fan of Bidens by any stretch and he was also a part of the Trump administration but even he agrees that Biden's response was appropriate.

Like I said. Far be it from me to take up the position of defending Biden I am just trying to be consistent with the same opinion that I would have had if Trump were to have done the same thing under the circumstances.

It appears that Mike Pompeo has the same consistent reaction.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The point I'm trying to make is that I most certainly don't believe Pompeo to be a fan of Bidens by any stretch and he was also a part of the Trump administration but even he agrees that Biden's response was appropriate.
    Appropriate or not, Biden, Harris, members of this Administration, and their media cheerleaders castigated the previous Administration for military strikes.

Compare and contrast the domestic responses. Most people here are not saying that the strikes were not justified. We're saying that Biden is continuing to act against his own words.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    ^THIS^ (mostly)

I'd go a bit further and say that retaliation for a rocket attack with fatalities is REQUIRED, otherwise, GTFO of the region.

Were the rest of you aware of the rocket attack fatalities before the retaliatory strike? It did not come across my news feeds until we retaliated. Not saying it was suppressed... hmmmm...

Finally, I've read several accounts indicating that the timing and targets were selected to AVOID fatalities... i.e. attempting as much as possible to only "break things". Sorry, but this projects almost as much weakness as not responding... fatal attacks should beget purposefully fatal retaliations, IMO.
    Now this I can agree with.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Appropriate or not, Biden, Harris, members of this Administration, and their media cheerleaders castigated the previous Administration for military strikes.

Compare and contrast the domestic responses. Most people here are not saying that the strikes were not justified. We're saying that Biden is continuing to act against his own words.
    In that respect I would agree. I'm just saying from my perspective it was the right thing to do. I also don't believe that those you mentioned would have been against airstrikes in defense of our forces that come under attack.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    In that respect I would agree. I'm just saying from my perspective it was the right thing to do. I also don't believe that those you mentioned would have been against airstrikes in defense of our forces that come under attack.
    You can see my previous comments, where those people did not support military strikes previously.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You can see my previous comments, where those people did not support military strikes previously.
    I did. The question that I presented was would those objections also apply to the defense of US forces that came under direct attacks? Maybe you could point that out to me.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Would there have been attacks if Biden hadn't sent additional troops into Syria? Why weren't there rocket attacks prior to Biden taking office? (I'm assuming there weren't based on not hearing about them).

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Would there have been attacks if Biden hadn't sent additional troops into Syria? Why weren't there rocket attacks prior to Biden taking office? (I'm assuming there weren't based on not hearing about them).
    How do we even know the “rocket attacks” are real and not just big tech/media making **** up to cover for bombing them?

I don’t believe **** I see from media anymore. It’s like having an unfaithful spouse... once that trust is gone, it’s gone forever.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I do not believe you are correct, but I may be wrong. Do you have anything that supports this claim? Criticism is fair game, if you bomb someone simply because you don't like what they are doing in their own country. Bombing a country in response to an attack on your forces is entirely different. I'm interested to see if you can provide details.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How do we even know the “rocket attacks” are real and not just big tech/media making **** up to cover for bombing them?

I don’t believe **** I see from media anymore.
    This is why I gave the caveat "if the reports are true" in my original post.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I can see your point but be that as it may if you are gonna insert additional troops you better damn well be prepared to back them up. I'm not even sure if the troops were deployed into Syria or Iraq.

Maybe they were but according to reports the rocket attacks were directed at US forces in Iraq.

Top Bottom