• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The core issue is that the Second Amendment exists to protect a basic human right. Even more elemental, the right to defend oneself, through whatever means, is a basic human right. It is our right that exists outside of any laws promulgated by any other person. It is a right that is enumerated in the U.S. Constitution not because that document grants it, but because that document is supposed to serve as a limit on the goverment infringing on it. The right to defend one's life, and one's other rights, exists outside of the Constitution.

The framers of the Constitution didn't emphasize that right because the DEER were oppressive. They did it because GOVERNMENTS become oppressive, and have historically sought to deny the people of their right to self defense as well as other basic human rights.

You want to debate whether or not the right to self defense is a basic human right? I will debate you. You want to discuss what the definition of "arms" is? I will entertain that discussion. I will NOT entertain any discussion that tries to interject statistics or emotional appeals into your position. They are invalid points in the overall concept of human rights.

I encourage everyone to adopt this position. Fight for yor rights. Don't fight against meaningless (and often dubious) statistics, or emotional appeals. Emphasize the RIGHT.

Yeah, the "...for the children" argument is really getting annoying.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    After contacting Senator Young on a couple of matters, I get the gist that he is conservative as long as his vote isn't the one that could change anything. When his vote matters, he bails. When his leadership and support is needed, he seems to bail, like Judge Moore being guilty until proven innocent, or supporting the election fraud investigation. If there is doubt, investigate it and if it was clean, now we know, if not, lets redo it. Now he touts the support of most major republicans in the state for his reelection. Pence folded when we needed him the most, the same m.o. I'm with you as long as my vote isn't the pivotal one, seems the mindset of most conservatives in government. Our supreme court seems like it is full of the same mindset. If my vote is pivotal, then cast for the liberals. Most of us can identify the problem, but who has the solution? Wholesale corruption in the executive branch, the legislative branch, and even the judicial branch. Most politicians are in debt to China, Soros, Bloomberg, Gates, or any other lobbyist with money to throw around. How do we fix this when even those on "our" side are only pretending? Anti gun, anti American people being appointed to positions like Jarrett, Rice, Chipman... These are the people we need protected from by incarceration. Are all people in politics compromised? Is it not possible for a decent person to get elected, or re-elected? Is the swamp too deep, Can the nation be turned back or is it just too late and all we can do is watch the slow but complete decline of western values? I'm just looking for answers because I don't know.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    So the reporter is in a state that doesn't allow a 30rd magazine but he has one.

And Karen just made her husband's gun an SBR in 30 seconds and posted it. Did husband thank her or freak out that she just commented a felony and posted the video of it?

1 - Correct. He even requested from the DC(?) police special permission to have one and they said no... so he did it anyhow.
    2 - Even better than that! That was live streamed! I believe her husband is the moron behind the camera. At least that day we got a gun out of the hands of dangerous people.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After contacting Senator Young on a couple of matters, I get the gist that he is conservative as long as his vote isn't the one that could change anything. When his vote matters, he bails. When his leadership and support is needed, he seems to bail, like Judge Moore being guilty until proven innocent, or supporting the election fraud investigation. If there is doubt, investigate it and if it was clean, now we know, if not, lets redo it. Now he touts the support of most major republicans in the state for his reelection. Pence folded when we needed him the most, the same m.o. I'm with you as long as my vote isn't the pivotal one, seems the mindset of most conservatives in government. Our supreme court seems like it is full of the same mindset. If my vote is pivotal, then cast for the liberals. Most of us can identify the problem, but who has the solution? Wholesale corruption in the executive branch, the legislative branch, and even the judicial branch. Most politicians are in debt to China, Soros, Bloomberg, Gates, or any other lobbyist with money to throw around. How do we fix this when even those on "our" side are only pretending? Anti gun, anti American people being appointed to positions like Jarrett, Rice, Chipman... These are the people we need protected from by incarceration. Are all people in politics compromised? Is it not possible for a decent person to get elected, or re-elected? Is the swamp too deep, Can the nation be turned back or is it just too late and all we can do is watch the slow but complete decline of western values? I'm just looking for answers because I don't know.
    The only reason these control freaks seek office is the riches they can make for themselves. When we allow them to sit in the seats of power more than a few years the corruption takes over and follow the money. It is as simple as that. Who is paying the tab to destroy and rape this country. Those are the ones we need to go after but the tools to do so are bought and paid for. And we are nowhere in the loop.

Todd Young is bought and paid for. His rise to the top was a selection not a vote. Review how he got there.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    “ . . . For the children!”
    (That weren’t aborted due to the ‘Right to Choose’ that Democrats assert is absolute.)
    Brought to you by the loving party that voted down a bill that would provide life saving measures for a baby that survived this murder attempt, let them die on a metal tray. Think of the children...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This part here ^^^ is interesting. I'm purposely ignoring this part for the purpose of this post because it doesn't apply:

They are despicable and utterly evil.

To Hell with them.

This just reminds me of a few posters here on INGO. I know I've expressed this opinion before though. I'm just a simple man, but I just have always been a "say what you mean, and mean what you say" kinda person. "Nuance" just isn't my thing.
    Sorry, I just can't bring myself to speak on absolutes.

I don't all of any group.

I am the opposite of humpty....I want to agree on the definition of a word before using it in a discussion.

Insulting just isn't my thing.

If I had to admonish one group or the other, it would be those who insult rather than those who nuance.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    So the reporter is in a state that doesn't allow a 30rd magazine but he has one.

And Karen just made her husband's gun an SBR in 30 seconds and posted it. Did husband thank her or freak out that she just commented a felony and posted the video of it?
    Man if there is one phrase I hate it is speak truth to power. The second I hear that I unhear everything they just said.
    What the hell does that even mean.
    I dont know why but it like nails on a chalkboard to me.
    Speak truth to power augggg:runaway:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The ownership of an AR 15 constitutes a public health crisis. The ownership of a magazine over 10 rnds constitutes a public health crisis. ect....

Hey don’t look now but the ownership of a handgun or x amount of ammunition constitutes a public health crisis.

See where this can go under the guise of a public health crisis?

It’s endless.
    Where it ends is: guns are a "public control crisis"

Top Bottom