• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    For many the Truth is what they say it is. Facts never change. So a challenge for everyone that supports this current politician and his policies. Let's find the scariest, blackest AR pistol with a demonic brace attached. Load it up with an equally evil 30 round magazine. Place it on a table in a room full of people. If it jumps up and starts murdering people, I'll be first to turn mine in. If not, you supporters agree to surrender yours as a show of support. Come on...stand by your man. Anyone who tries to anthropomorphize firearms (apply human traits to an inanimate object) is ignorant of the natural world. Humans murder, objects cannot.

Exactly. As I said upthread in 69, these so called "authorities" live in a world of "Through the Looking Glass".

From "Through the Looking Glass":

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

They are despicable and utterly evil.

To Hell with them.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I seen a clip on a news show this morning where they demonstrated how easy it was to finish building a "ghost gun".

They literally had a striker fired pistol fieldstripped and proceeded to install the barrel, recoil spring and put the slide on the frame and said Boom it's that easy.
    :rolleyes: :ugh::bs::nuts:
    Why stop lying at this point.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."
    This part here ^^^ is interesting. I'm purposely ignoring this part for the purpose of this post because it doesn't apply:

They are despicable and utterly evil.

To Hell with them.

This just reminds me of a few posters here on INGO. I know I've expressed this opinion before though. I'm just a simple man, but I just have always been a "say what you mean, and mean what you say" kinda person. "Nuance" just isn't my thing.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Bottom line is that history proves anti-gunners dead wrong.
    Best estimates are 12-15 million homicides worldwide in the 20th century. There were 262 MILLION disarmed citizens killed by their own government in the 20th century. Bad things happen in isolated instances in an armed populace, horrific things happen to a disarmed populace. Our founding fathers knew this principle first hand from their British overlords.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    “No amendment, no amendment to the Constitution is absolute,” - Joe Biden April 8th, 2021

Article II, Section 1, Clause 8:
    Joe forgot about that.
    I doubt he forgot about it.

He either doesn't believe in the Constitution or he is to stupid to comprehend what it says.

I'm going with doesn't believe in it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Obama didn't wait either. What was it? Something like 21 various gun control orders and actions? Still ended up crying and stomping his feet because he had no power without congress.

Not that I trust congress, but this is all meaningless BS until the laws get changed. Gun banning Pres is gonna gun ban. We already knew this.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Let's not forget that the Right to Bear Arms is granted to us in the US Constitution as well as the Indiana Constitution, so the comparison to vehicles is irrelevant.
    Wrong. Dangerously Wrong.

The constitution, 2nd amendment specifically, restricts the government from infringing on the right to bear arms.

The right to bear arms is an extension of the natural right to Life (liberty and the pursuit of happiness). As is Endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights...

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I'm absolutely FINISHED with being sidetracked by arguments about statistics or analogies to other rights or other physical objects. I refuse to entertain such arguments. You can't sway me with emotional appeals about people misusing firearms to harm others. It's immaterial to the discussion.

The core issue is that the Second Amendment exists to protect a basic human right. Even more elemental, the right to defend oneself, through whatever means, is a basic human right. It is our right that exists outside of any laws promulgated by any other person. It is a right that is enumerated in the U.S. Constitution not because that document grants it, but because that document is supposed to serve as a limit on the goverment infringing on it. The right to defend one's life, and one's other rights, exists outside of the Constitution.

The framers of the Constitution didn't emphasize that right because the DEER were oppressive. They did it because GOVERNMENTS become oppressive, and have historically sought to deny the people of their right to self defense as well as other basic human rights.

You want to debate whether or not the right to self defense is a basic human right? I will debate you. You want to discuss what the definition of "arms" is? I will entertain that discussion. I will NOT entertain any discussion that tries to interject statistics or emotional appeals into your position. They are invalid points in the overall concept of human rights.

I encourage everyone to adopt this position. Fight for yor rights. Don't fight against meaningless (and often dubious) statistics, or emotional appeals. Emphasize the RIGHT.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

The constitution, 2nd amendment specifically, restricts the government from infringing on the right to bear arms.

The right to bear arms is an extension of the natural right to Life (liberty and the pursuit of happiness). As is Endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights...
    You're right, I should have said protected by, not granted

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'm absolutely FINISHED with being sidetracked by arguments about statistics or analogies to other rights or other physical objects. I refuse to entertain such arguments. You can't sway me with emotional appeals about people misusing firearms to harm others. It's immaterial to the discussion.

The core issue is that the Second Amendment exists to protect a basic human right. Even more elemental, the right to defend oneself, through whatever means, is a basic human right. It is our right that exists outside of any laws promulgated by any other person. It is a right that is enumerated in the U.S. Constitution not because that document grants it, but because that document is supposed to serve as a limit on the goverment infringing on it. The right to defend one's life, and one's other rights, exists outside of the Constitution.

The framers of the Constitution didn't emphasize that right because the DEER were oppressive. They did it because GOVERNMENTS become oppressive, and have historically sought to deny the people of their right to self defense as well as other basic human rights.

You want to debate whether or not the right to self defense is a basic human right? I will debate you. You want to discuss what the definition of "arms" is? I will entertain that discussion. I will NOT entertain any discussion that tries to interject statistics or emotional appeals into your position. They are invalid points in the overall concept of human rights.

I encourage everyone to adopt this position. Fight for yor rights. Don't fight against meaningless (and often dubious) statistics, or emotional appeals. Emphasize the RIGHT.
    Great post!

Tucker Carlson is SHREDDING Biden and Chipman—his best show EVER.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

EXACTLY.....THANK YOU, SIR.

Top Bottom