• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So what’s it going to be, folks? Is he going to ban imported ammo? How about magazines over a certain capacity? How about universal background checks? How about so-called “assault weapons”? What others can you think of he might try to pull off?

I still despise Trump four directing ATF to re-classify bump stocks. But I’ve got lots of hate left in me for Biden and even more fight for what is to come.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Is this something he can even do through EO?
    Shouldn't but I'm not taking any cash bets. I woukd point out yhat if this flies, then there is no reason why a block of steel, aluminum, or polymer cannot be classified as a firearm.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I have wondered the same.

I expect a legal beagle will be along to explain to Liberty loving rubes like me how an executive can do anything he wants until a court says no.

I also wonder re: what was mentioned up thread regarding ammo, etc. History shows something like this was tried by a tyrannical son of a b**ch back in April of 1775. It did not turn out too well for that b**ard or the toadies he sent to do his dirty work.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I'm actually looking at this one from the opposite side. It's only not a firearm before you finish your 80% or whatever the case may be for your "ghost" gun. Once it's a legal firearm, it's already subject to a NICS check right now.

The odds of you finding any "ghost" gun at any dealer is probably 0%, so, this EO does effectively nothing, twice. That's the kind I like. Virtue signal and stomp and cry all you want as long as it doesn't actually change anything. Obama crying in the rose garden because he couldn't infringe on my rights is still one of my better memories.

I'm much more curious about what the other EOs are supposed to be. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

JdsBiff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Muncie
    I thought that the constitution limits the federal government to controlling commerce between the states, not within. So if a company makes firearms and sells them everywhere it can be controlled but if an individual makes it for himself without selling it out of state, the feds shouldnt have anything do say on the matter.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I thought that the constitution limits the federal government to controlling commerce between the states, not within. So if a company makes firearms and sells them everywhere it can be controlled but if an individual makes it for himself without selling it out of state, the feds shouldnt have anything do say on the matter.

People have tried and failed at that a few times. I want to say there were guys in Missouri (I think...?) making NFA items and selling them "in state" without a stamp. Feds didn't think that was too funny, legal or not.

Top Bottom