• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    This thread kinda went off the rails but heres a follow up to the shooting in Indiana

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This thread kinda went off the rails but heres a follow up to the shooting in Indiana
    Compare and contrast... and go!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Chick Fil-A's sandwich is pretty good, but it might as well be a plain McChicken compared to Popeye's chicken sandwich. It's not even close, Popeye's chicken sandwich is on another level.
    Agreed, it's just too bad that the customer service is soooo bad at Popeye's. I highly recommend that everyone check any order that they get from Popeye's to make sure you got everything/anything you ordered before leaving the store.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Agreed, it's just too bad that the customer service is soooo bad at Popeye's. I highly recommend that everyone check any order that they get from Popeye's to make sure you got everything/anything you ordered before leaving the store.
    Sounds like a fast food restaurant

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Never had an issue at Popeyes. You must just be talking about your local shop.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Another contortion of history to establish a federal holiday and take a jab at the South.

The propaganda tells us this is the day when union soldiers "rode into Texas and freed the last of the slaves"....you know, that being the reason the union fought the war.

Absolute bull****.

Slavery was still legal and people were still held as slaves well past that date in the "union" states.
    Which South? I'm Southern and not offended. My family and friends in Alabama, Arkansas, and Florida are all obviously Southern, celebrate the holiday, and aren't offended.... and I can tell you that there are a lot more like them. So which "South," is going to take offense at this jab? I know, the "southerners" born in Ohio that have N. Va Battle flag flying from the back of their Turndra, as they drive through the streets of Columbus, saying "states rights, and buy American"

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Hmm, that's not the area I was expecting it to be in.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Never had an issue at Popeyes. You must just be talking about your local shop.
    I've been in many (there is more than one in my direct area) in various parts of the country. Had many issues.

Food is good, but, admittedly from my personal experiences, Popeye's seems to hire from the bottom of the barrel, and this has been my experience well before the pandemic and during. I love Popeye's food. Their chicken sandwich is much better than CFA's.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I've been in many (there is more than one in my direct area) in various parts of the country. Had many issues.

Food is good, but, admittedly from my personal experiences, Popeye's seems to hire from the bottom of the barrel, and this has been my experience well before the pandemic and during. I love Popeye's food. Their chicken sandwich is much better than CFA's.
    Just my 2 cents, but I've seen vast differences between shops. Had really good luck with the one in Plainfield, but the one in Avon really seems to not be able to hire anyone capable. Haven't gone to that one in several years.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just my 2 cents, but I've seen vast differences between shops. Had really good luck with the one in Plainfield, but the one in Avon really seems to not be able to hire anyone capable. Haven't gone to that one in several years.
    I do stay away from the one in Avon as well. Had mildly better, but not by much, experience at the Plainfield location.

On another note, I miss the onion rings that Popeye's had down in FL when I was a kid, several decades ago. They were outstanding onion rings.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I do stay away from the one in Avon as well. Had mildly better, but not by much, experience at the Plainfield location.

I miss the onion rings that Popeye's had down in FL when I was a kid, several decades ago. They were outstanding onion rings.
    To be fair, we mostly order on app and I go through the drive-thru and we don't eat there. I say I've had good luck in that they've never shorted me food or anything, and the food is always good and hot. Service at the drive-thru is generally good.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Popeye's at County Line and Emerson is squared away, never had a problem. Mitthoeffer and Washington, not so much.

Chick Fil-A forgot to give me napkins once. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While we are talking poor service and fried chicken. Forget going to the Church's at 21st and Ritter. That was the closest one to my office and it went downhill. Used to be squared away with the sweetest manager. She was awesome. I was only in there about once a week, or a little less, and she remembered my usual order. Then she left and it went downhill FAST.

First the ice maker started going out repeatedly. But it was ok because the chiller that kept the drinks cool.
    Then they just stopped caring and you could only get drinks without ice.
    And then the chiller for the fountain stopped so it was room temperature drinks.
    Then they switched to cash only because the terminal quit working.
    Then They started handing out sides that were lukewarm because the steam table wasnt working right. That was the final straw.

Never went back and flagged them with the health dept for an inspection. Lack of food safety concern was asking for a case of food poisoning.

Havent been back since.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Popeye's at County Line and Emerson is squared away, never had a problem. Mitthoeffer and Washington, not so much.

Chick Fil-A forgot to give me napkins once. :):
    I go to the one on Madison Ave., just north of Troy and it's always been good. I did make the mistake of going in there while the big chicken sandwich brouhaha was still in full swing and it was loud and crazy! I swear every single employee was yelling at the top of their lungs, and the customers were almost as bad. :n00b:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Which South? I'm Southern and not offended. My family and friends in Alabama, Arkansas, and Florida are all obviously Southern, celebrate the holiday, and aren't offended.... and I can tell you that there are a lot more like them. So which "South," is going to take offense at this jab? I know, the "southerners" born in Ohio that have N. Va Battle flag flying from the back of their Turndra, as they drive through the streets of Columbus, saying "states rights, and buy American"

Well bless your heart.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are 12 Federal holidays now, 11 every year and 1 every four years (Presidential Inauguration Day). There has been a push by some to make the Monday after Super Bowl a federal holiday, and also Federal election day (2nd Tuesday in November).
    Well. That means there are 249ish non-holiday work days. So then at the point when there are more holidays than workdays, we can do away with designating days as holidays and designate days that are workdays.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well. That means there are 249ish non-holiday work days. So then at the point when there are more holidays than workdays, we can do away with designating days as holidays and designate days that are workdays.

We already paid everyone for staying at home for a year, why can't we just keep doing that?
    It's simple really.

Top Bottom