• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Does anyone else find it funny that one of the regions Haley mentioned in response to Vivek on Ukraine, was Crimea?

A region that we are not defending, as Ukraine has not held that territory for a decade now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One thing that irritates me about how they’re talking Rameswamy’s question about Ukraine Provences. They’re making it into a straw version of his question. He didn’t ask them to name 3 provinces, and then say that their ignorance disqualifies their position on Ukraine. He asked them which provinces are they willing to send our kids to defend. Which is a very different question. It’s more about the willingness to spend our own blood over there.

But, I don’t know that I’ve heard Haley advocating to send our troops there. So she could have just answered it that way and said, I don’t want to defend any provinces with our blood. She didn’t. Like I said she pouted and said she’s not gonna waste her time responding to that.

And, If she denied being willing to send our troops over there, the follow up to that would be to remind her she said Ukraine must win against Russia. And she put it in words to the effect “at any cost”.

So what if the cost is our own blood? She can’t see a way out of that conflict that doesn’t involve the Ukrainians defeating Russia. Well. What if a better leader gets them to stop fighting, and find a face saving way for both to do it? Well. We can’t have that. We haven’t fed the military industrial complex enough yet. Pharma had their turn. Now it’s the weapons manufacturers turn.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    One thing that irritates me about how they’re talking Rameswamy’s question about Ukraine Provences. They’re making it into a straw version of his question. He didn’t ask them to name 3 provinces, and then say that their ignorance disqualifies their position on Ukraine. He asked them which provinces are they willing to send our kids to defend. Which is a very different question. It’s more about the willingness to spend our own blood over there.

But, I don’t know that I’ve heard Haley advocating to send our troops there. So she could have just answered it that way and said, I don’t want to defend any provinces with our blood. She didn’t. Like I said she pouted and said she’s not gonna waste her time responding to that.

And, If she denied being willing to send our troops over there, the follow up to that would be to remind her she said Ukraine must win against Russia. And she put it in words to the effect “at any cost”.

So what if the cost is our own blood? She can’t see a way out of that conflict that doesn’t involve the Ukrainians defeating Russia. Well. What if a better leader gets them to stop fighting, and find a face saving way for both to do it? Well. We can’t have that. We haven’t fed the military industrial complex enough yet. Pharma had their turn. Now it’s the weapons manufacturers turn.

That's the thing, she has no idea where she actually stands on the issue. That's why she can't convey a concise and clear policy position on basically anything.

The only reason she's still on that stage is because the GOP is convinced if they play identity politics like democrats, they'll gain something. Literal diversity hire.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's the thing, she has no idea where she actually stands on the issue. That's why she can't convey a concise and clear policy position on basically anything.

The only reason she's still on that stage is because the GOP is convinced if they play identity politics like democrats, they'll gain something. Literal diversity hire.
    I think it is even worse than that. She is the last possible barrier against a Trump win. DeSantis is miniTrump, Vivek is in some ways even more radical than Trump (if you believe what he is saying) and Christie not only isn't polling out of the low single digits but he just said in that debate that we should have boots on the ground in Gaza for ****s sake. He's done

Democrat and GOPe money are coming together to try to prop someone up to block Trump and currently that is her, but I doubt they can make her happen

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I can’t believe she used the fact that she has the backing of Wall Street money as a point in favor of her. She got that Black Rock money. And she’s bragging anout it? Out of touch.

Probably plays well to the neocons who think saving Israel is worth every last drop of American blood, and that a 1% tax cut for the rich is the greatest political virtue possible.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I can’t believe she used the fact that she has the backing of Wall Street money as a point in favor of her. She got that Black Rock money. And she’s bragging anout it? Out of touch.
    This reminds me of Romney saying, "But listen, the Democrats aren't going to be able to make that Heartless Republican thing stick on _me_, because I was the architect of Massachusetts-Bamacare!"

When the politician doesn't even realize they're supposed downplay their liabilities, because they think the liability is a strength? :whistle: In Romney's case, Obamacare had become a scourge to half the country at the time he said that. And Darling Nikki, talking about Wall Street money? Honey...please. Even the ignorant crossover voters would hate you for that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Some poeple like to go with the RCP aggerate polling. Apparently as of 12-6 she's leading the pack verses Biden in the aggregate there as well. 45.8-40 +5.8

Trump 46.6 Biden 44.4 +2.2

It's a different story in the primary aggregate though which I'm sure will be pointed out.

Last edited:

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    The thing about Haley is this isn't 20 years ago when she could stand before the camera's and present like the newly crowned home coming queen.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Nikki Hailey was head US ambassador for the UN. There is no way she was around those gun hating, on Ep-stinks list, greedy, elitist bastards 24\7 and not hate the US second amendment. She is 100% the kind of person who will have people eat crickets while she eats beef kind of person. She will sell us out under the guise of sensible gun control the moment dems regain seats. She is no more a republican than Trump was when he took office seven years ago. The difference between the two now, Trump is a made, forged in fire republican, newly manufactured by democrat machine and rinos.

Top Bottom