• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I hear “I think the law should stay out if it” and believe that would cover the question the X posed also?
    You never answered my question. Do you believe her answer would have been the same if asked that specific question which she was not? Further in response to the broad question she said that when a minor reaches the age of 18 and wants to make a permanent change, they should do that. Doesn't sound to me that she believes 12-year-olds should be allowed to mutilate their private parts if the parent okays it like the X poster alleges.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here is her response to an interview in early May addressing the issue of gender affirming medical care for kids.

"You shouldn't allow a child to have gender-changing procedure until the age of 18 when they are an adult, and they can make that decision."

Seems to me she alluded to that in the recent interview that I pointed out above in a previous post if one were to have cared to listen to the entire response.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Here is her response to an interview in early May addressing the issue of gender affirming medical care for kids.

"You shouldn't allow a child to have gender-changing procedure until the age of 18 when they are an adult, and they can make that decision."

Seems to me she alluded to that in the recent interview that I pointed out above in a previous post if one were to have cared to listen to the entire response.
    I do not follow Haley as she is just a tool of the anti-Trump brigade. Saw yesterday she was being funded by a group that funded the attorneys for a Trump accuser to sue him…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I do not follow Haley as she is just a tool of the anti-Trump brigade. Saw yesterday she was being funded by a group that funded the attorneys for a Trump accuser to sue him…
    Just to be clear I think she could have made it more clear in the interview. I also believe that the X poster was being misleading to suggest to those that haven't watched the interview that she would be ok with minors being allowed to mutilate their private parts with their parents consent or otherwise. That's obviously not the case.

I'm also not a big fan of Haley for a number of reasons but I think it was unfair of the X poster to frame it like they did.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just to be clear I think she could have made it more clear in the interview. I also believe that the X poster was being misleading to suggest to those that haven't watched the interview that she would be ok with minors being allowed to mutilate their private parts with their parents consent or otherwise. That's obviously not the case.

I'm also not a big fan of Haley for a number of reasons but I think it was unfair of the X poster to frame it like they did.
    Pretty much my take 100%

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Democratic Donor for Haley

My guess is their game plan is to hope DeSantis drops out after Iowa because he's so far back in NH. Persuade/grift Christie to drop out after Iowa, and give his endorsement to Haley prior to NH. Wait for the Sonunu endorsement for Haley in NH and put Pence and Scott on the road in SC. They're putting all of their chips on NH and SC.

Meanwhile, Vivek will be in front people everywhere rope-a-doping the Haley Campaign doing his best Stillwell Angel.

Screenshot_20231206_140154_Chrome.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Haley/[person of color or alphabet person] '24
    Haley/[a person we've never heard of] '24
    Haley/Rubio '24 (don't laugh, it's possible)
    Haley/Suarez '24 (look her up, it's a real posibility)
    Trump/Haley '24 (uh, no)
    Haley/Other '24 (hey, "other" is polling about as well as her)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Just to be clear going back to this issue in the interest of consistency. When it comes to Trump I also believe it was grossly unfair of the media to suggest that Trump was actually advocating for people to inject bleach.
    Exactly... same-same... now it's the pro-Trump with the fake news.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Fair point. How could “there were good people on both sides” be taken the wrong way?
    Yeah Trump was mischaracterized by the media over that whole Charlottsville thing and Biden continued to run with it. Says it was the whole reason why he decided to get in the race for 2020.

I believe a number of us pointed out the mischaracterization and defended Trump over it at the time. I certainly did.

I did the same for Haley here even though I don't care much for her.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sounds like he is concerned about Trump squaring off with Biden and beating Biden.
    And he has no concerns Haley will be elected over bidet as he said is is all in for bidet.

So contrary to opinions on INGO big money believes Trump has the best chance of winning, and put the money behind what their mouth says..

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Your post was fairly misleading, because you yourself didn't post her entire response. Here's the full statement of what Haley said, according to the article you posted:

"...You shouldn't allow a child to have gender-changing procedure until the age of 18 when they are an adult and they can make that decision. But we shouldn't have taxpayer dollars going to that..." (emphasis mine).

The article doesn't provide the wording of the exact question she was asked, but the above quote sure makes it sound like she was answering in the context of whether or not Government funding should be provided for those procedures, not whether Government should allow such procedures. If the Federal Government doesn't allow it - which is the level of office she's aspiring to - then the funding angle would be irrelevant, because there's nothing to fund.

Even considering her statement, "You shouldn't allow...," there's wiggle room. Who does she mean by "you?" In the absence of a specific question-reference to Government laws, her response could be interpreted as just her version of sound parenting advice, as in "Parents shouldn't allow it" or "Parents should have the final say." It's possible that "you" could have just been a careless word choice on Haley's part. But in the high-stakes game of Presidential politics, outside of Trump, very little that a candidate says is carelessly worded.

Based on what's presented here, she comes across like she's trying to carve out future wiggle room for some kind of "Hyde Amendment" compromise on sex changes for minors, where it's allowed, but Federal monies just aren't allowed to fund it. Or maybe it should be the parents' decision, or...who really knows?

Such an explosive issue demands clarity. If she really means "The Government should outlaw it, but if the Government doesn't outlaw it, then at least Government funding shouldn't go to it"...then that's exactly what she should say.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And he has no concerns Haley will be elected over bidet as he said is is all in for bidet.

So contrary to opinions on INGO big money believes Trump has the best chance of winning, and put the money behind what their mouth says..
    Oh there is no doubting that he wants Haley to square off with Biden. As a Biden backer he apparently believes that Trump is a bigger threat.

Top Bottom