• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Here is her response to an interview in early May addressing the issue of gender affirming medical care for kids.

"You shouldn't allow a child to have gender-changing procedure until the age of 18 when they are an adult, and they can make that decision."

Seems to me she alluded to that in the recent interview that I pointed out above in a previous post if one were to have cared to listen to the entire response.
    So I have read further on this tempest in a teapot and have reached the following conclusions. It seems most likely she us against gender change surgeries for minors, may even be against them with parental approval. So what was up with her answer? She was on CBS and was pandering to their viewers.

This is another case of a republican trying to court moderate voters with moderate statements but the right getting their panties all in a wad. Similar to how some here go off the deep end on Trump statements.

Here is the transcript of the question:

What care should be on the table when a 12-year-old child in this country assigned female at birth says, ‘Actually, I feel more comfortable living as a boy.’ And “what should the law allow the response to be?

Her answer:

“I think the law should stay out of it and parents should handle it,”

The full answer has little substance.

This is a job for the parents to handle. And then, if that child becomes 18, if they want to make more of a permanent change, they can do that. But I think, up until then, we see with our teenage kids, they go through a lot during puberty. They go through a lot of confusion. They go through a lot of anxiety. They go through a lot of pressures. We should support them the whole way through, but we don’t need to go in and force something in schools. We don’t need schools sitting there hiding from the parents what gender pronoun they’re using. We don’t need to have those conversations in schools. Those are conversations that should be had at home.

The answer was unclear enough her campaign felt the need to issue a clarification that mostly blamed DeSantis.

“On Wednesday, Haley's campaign sent Townhall the following statement from Nachama Soloveichik, Haley's communications director:”

"With his poll numbers plummeting and his campaign imploding, Ron DeSantis is desperately throwing lies at the wall, hoping something will stick. Spoiler alert: It won't. Nikki Haley has long said she opposes gender-changing surgeries for minors. Bald-faced lies won't save DeSantis."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So I have read further on this tempest in a teapot and have reached the following conclusions. It seems most likely she us against gender change surgeries for minors, may even be against them with parental approval. So what was up with her answer? She was on CBS and was pandering to their viewers.

This is another case of a republican trying to court moderate voters with moderate statements but the right getting their panties all in a wad. Similar to how some here go off the deep end on Trump statements.

What care should be on the table when a 12-year-old child in this country assigned female at birth says, ‘Actually, I feel more comfortable living as a boy.’ And “what should the law allow the response to be?

Her answer:

This is a job for the parents to handle. And then, if that child becomes 18, if they want to make more of a permanent change, they can do that. But I think, up until then, we see with our teenage kids, they go through a lot during puberty. They go through a lot of confusion. They go through a lot of anxiety. They go through a lot of pressures. We should support them the whole way through, but we don’t need to go in and force something in schools. We don’t need schools sitting there hiding from the parents what gender pronoun they’re using. We don’t need to have those conversations in schools. Those are conversations that should be had at home.

The answer was unclear enough her campaign felt the need to issue a clarification that mostly blamed DeSantis.

“On Wednesday, Haley's campaign sent Townhall the following statement from Nachama Soloveichik, Haley's communications director:”

"With his poll numbers plummeting and his campaign imploding, Ron DeSantis is desperately throwing lies at the wall, hoping something will stick. Spoiler alert: It won't. Nikki Haley has long said she opposes gender-changing surgeries for minors. Bald-faced lies won't save DeSantis."

Haley has long said that she opposes gender-changing surgeries for minors though. Numerous times she has said that minors under the age of 18 shouldn't be allowed to have them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Haley has long said that she opposes gender-changing surgeries for minors though. Numerous times she has said that minors under the age of 18 shouldn't be allowed to have them.
    Thus my point she was pandering to CBS viewers rather than state her actual position…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Interest Haley has drawn support from more than one leftist hoping to defeat Trump. What exactly is hidden behind the curtain they do not want Trump to expose or use? There is a concerning sense of desperation to keep him out of office. They know they will not be able to pull off what they did last time to hamstring him.

“Some big-donor Democrats are lining up to support Haley to defeat Trump. Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan, for example, is encouraging Democrats to support Haley. “Even liberal Democrats” should support her against Donald Trump, Dimon said.”

“Even if you’re a very liberal Democrat, I urge you, help Nikki Haley, too,” Jamie Dimon, the chief of JPMorgan Chase, said at The New York Times’s DealBook Summit, a conference of global business leaders, addressing Wall Street executives in the room who might donate to candidates. “Get a choice on the Republican side that might be better than Trump.”
    Mr. Dimon had called Ms. Haley late last month to praise her campaign, but his comments on Wednesday were a far more public endorsement. He did not take the position that the nominee should be anyone but Mr. Trump, adding: “He might be the president. I have to deal with that, too.”
    “Haley is getting a lift from a super PAC, Independents Moving the Needle, that will initially focus on New Hampshire. Voters are more moderate there than in many other states. Voters who are not registered with a party can participate in the Republican or Democrat primary race. From there the plan is for them to turn to South Carolina and some Super Tuesday states with open primaries.“

“And, there is Reid Hoffman. He’s very liberal and one of the Democrat Party’s biggest donors. He contributed to a pro-Haley super PAC. Hoffman, by the way, is linked to Jeffrey Epstein.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    One thing I don't like to see is she gets Koch money and immediately starts talking about 'fixing' Social Security and Medicare. I don't like to see any talk about reducing benefits for people who played by the rules and paid into that system before any consideration is given to reining in the free-riders on those programs and those suckling at the government teat in general

Those programs will need to be adjusted in any strategy to cut our debt, but so will the pure entitlement programs and IMO cuts should begin there or government will simply cut benefits for those who worked and still keep spending all or most of the savings buying the votes of the underclass

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Thus my point she was pandering to CBS viewers rather than state her actual position…
    Did she not mention the 18 threshold for more permanent change in the CBS interview? I believe she did.

"if that child becomes 18, if they want to make more of a permanent change,they can do that."

Anyway, this discussion has gotten to be pretty long winded. Time to move on to other things. I happen to agree with your take on big money democrat donors backing Haley and the stink that rises up surrounding it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Her answer:

The real crux is, would she ban it? This is one issue where I finally believe the right-wing moralists got something right: some day, the world will have a significant cohort of people who medically transitioned as kids, and who will speak with their own voices, saying they regret it and wish society had had some safety rails in place to protect them during their vulnerable years. They say the same things over and over again: "I was messed up...I just needed to be told I was gay, and that was ok...I didn't need to harm myself." It's a good bet that these peoples' bodies are going to be messed up and broken, they will need a lifetime of massive amounts of expensive medications to live a semblance of a normal life, and ultimately - it won't succeed. Many will end up being adult poster-children for the Obama Care Medicaid Expansion, because they won't be functional enough to support themselves and the medical costs for cleaning up the mess will literally break them. They will eventually die from complications, but not before consuming substantial per-capita amounts of public resources.

Saying you're "against" something is not the same as saying the Government should ban it. What Nikki Haley is saying, publicly, is the political equivalent of someone at a private cocktail party saying, "Personally, I'm against _____(fill in the blank)___, but..." Only - we never get the details on the "but" part. But what? "...I don't think it's the Government's role to take money out of the medical providers' mouths?" Don't tease us, Darling Nikki.

This is for-profit medicine at its absolute worst. These kids are an emerging gold mine of profit for a certain type of provider, because the nature of their condition means they will by definition require costly, ongoing pharmaceutical intervention, which will hit the billing departments again, and again, and again. Providers are actually harming people because it's profitable, fashionable, and they can get away with making a figurative and literal killing at it, because the people who speak the language of investors have created rubrics of "risk-mitigation" and "harm-reduction" to convince their respective Industry Associations that not performing the treatment is worse because "these kids won't survive!"

And these medical provider trade groups are apparently a GOP constituency Haley has been told she can't afford to p.ss off. So we get carefully-crafted statements like the ones posted above. She is being coached to put this issue behind her with non-committal statements, so she can move on to the real "money shot" for the Big Donors who are supporting her: cutting middle class entitlements, so that interest on the debt won't eventually prevent the State and Defense Departments from financing more Wars of Influence. The GOP has already lost the Tech and Banking sectors to the Democrats, and with Ukraine, they are confronted with the horror of horrors: Democrats are making a convincing move to capture the Neverending War Complex, also.

Nikki Haley is here with "International Credentials" to make sure that doesn't happen. And she is not about to let a few emotionally f.cked up kids and their medicalized gender issues distract her from her assigned mission.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah Trump was mischaracterized by the media over that whole Charlottsville thing and Biden continued to run with it. Says it was the whole reason why he decided to get in the race for 2020.

I believe a number of us pointed out the mischaracterization and defended Trump over it at the time. I certainly did.

I did the same for Haley here even though I don't care much for her.
    She did get mischaracterized. I’m not sure it matters though. She may have answered differently if the question implied by the selective editing were the question she was actually asked. But we don’t know what exactly she would really do in that situation.

We do have some history when she was governor of SC though. She weighed in on the bathroom issues as governor. She did not support legislation requiring people to use public restrooms intended for their biological gender. Apparently she didn’t think the law should weigh in on that.

We don’t really know how far she takes that. Someone should ask her unequivocally, would she let parents decide if their minor children should have puberty blockers or even sex change operations.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    She did get mischaracterized. I’m not sure it matters though. She may have answered differently if the question implied by the selective editing were the question she was actually asked. But we don’t know what exactly she would really do in that situation.

We do have some history when she was governor of SC though. She weighed in on the bathroom issues as governor. She did not support legislation requiring people to use public restrooms intended for their biological gender. Apparently she didn’t think the law should weigh in on that.

We don’t really know how far she takes that. Someone should ask her unequivocally, would she let parents decide if their minor children should have puberty blockers or even sex change operations.

The fact we're wondering where she stands on this issue after 3 debates and countless interviews, says a lot about her.

I may be biased, as I'd vote for biden over her after her statements on internet anonymity and free speech. Policy positions that should disqualify someone from even pushing a broom in congress, much less becoming president. Making for the first time I've ever seen a republican candidate look legitimately worse than a democrat.

Much less her foreign policy agenda, which makes hydrogen hillary look peaceful by comparison.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

When you honor their premise with a response, you've already lost.

Her answer could have been: "I reject the premise that gender is assigned. Next question?"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Totally agree with all of this. I too would like to see her asked point blank the questions that you mention. She has said that she opposes sex change operations for minors under the age of 18 numerous times, fine but would she go so far as to backing legislation prohibiting it.

Ask her that specific question. I know she said the law should stay out of it but I would ask her if that includes gender reaffirming surgery for minors. She wasn't asked that.

My only issue was with the way the X poster framed his post as if Haley was asked this specific question and she answered "yes" to it.

"Should the government allow a 12-year-old to mutilate his/her private parts if a parent says so?"

Nikki Haley says "yes."

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The fact we're wondering where she stands on this issue after 3 debates and countless interviews, says a lot about her.

I may be biased, as I'd vote for biden over her after her statements on internet anonymity and free speech. Policy positions that should disqualify someone from even pushing a broom in congress, much less becoming president. Making for the first time I've ever seen a republican candidate look legitimately worse than a democrat.

Much less her foreign policy agenda, which makes hydrogen hillary look peaceful by comparison.
    Don't get me wrong. I don't like Haley for a whole host of things, some of which you mention, and I don't want to see her get anywhere near the WH. I just took an issue with the way the X poster made the post about Haley to make it appear to be something that did not happen the way they made it out to be. Then this whole thing took off from there.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Totally agree with all of this. I too would like to see her asked point blank the questions that you mention. She has said that she opposes sex change operations for minors under the age of 18 numerous times, fine but would she go so far as to backing legislation prohibiting it.

Ask her that specific question. I know she said the law should stay out of it but I would ask her if that includes gender reaffirming surgery for minors. She wasn't asked that.

My only issue was with the way the X poster framed his post as if Haley was asked this specific question and she answered "yes" to it.

"Should the government allow a 12-year-old to mutilate his/her private parts if a parent says so?"

Nikki Haley says "yes."
    Even just the issues of puberty blockers. I don’t think a minor can consent to that and I think it’s child abuse for a parent to take steps to that end.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Don't get me wrong. I don't like Haley for a whole host of things, some of which you mention, and I don't want to see her get anywhere near the WH. I just took an issue with the way the X poster made the post about Haley to make it appear to be something that did not happen the way they made it out to be. Then this whole thing took off from there.
    Haley is bad enough that no one needs to make **** up. I don’t agree that she’s worse than Biden. I’d say they’re on the same level of evil. If it’s between Biden and Haley I’m going 3rd party.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Haley is bad enough that no one needs to make **** up. I don’t agree that she’s worse than Biden. I’d say they’re on the same level of evil. If it’s between Biden and Haley I’m going 3rd party.
    At this time, I'm not really foreseeing Haley becoming the nominee. I suppose anything can happen though.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    At this time, I'm not really foreseeing Haley becoming the nominee. I suppose anything can happen though.
    I don't either. She isn't going to beat Trump. If for some reason Trump was not in the race, I doubt most of his supporters are going to opt for her.

Reactions: KG1

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Talk about out of touch with those you want to vote for you. She should be blasting blackrock, not sucking up to them. The evidence she is a RINO is complete…

“I'll end by pointing out another reason BlackRock may be sniping at the governor, though. Namely, that Nikki Haley recently met with Larry Fink, presumably securing his support. Last night at the debate, she was bragging about having "Wall Street donors" on her side.”

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't either. She isn't going to beat Trump. If for some reason Trump was not in the race, I doubt most of his supporters are going to opt for her.
    I agree If for some reason she got the nomination instead of Trump there is no way I can envision Trump supporters getting onboard. She would sink without that support as would any other nominee.

Trump and his supporters are holding all the cards right now. As far as my position goes, I would support Trump in the general. Not so sure about Haley.

Top Bottom