• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    While claiming any number of free weapons sounds great...might want to see if they end up being related to some horrendous crime before claiming ownership. I believe a lot of weapons are thrown away after the previous possessor (not necessarily 'owner') did something irretrievable with them.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Most people never record their serial #s, so what exactly would they report stolen? A general description of the gun?

I have every receipt for a weapon that I have purchased...I recently went and looked at them and since some were done on thermal or ink duplicate...they now say absolutely nothing.

I do have a list though as I had to move 'several' times while in the military and it's now a habit.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I had a guy flag me down one time. I stopped and we exchanged pleasantries. He then asked if I had by chance found a 10 gauge shotgun in the road the way I had came. Apparently, he had been turkey hunting, finished up for the morning and when he unloaded his shotgun, he laid it on the top of his truck bed and forgot about it and drove off. Oops!

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Hey, if you don't want your hi-points I'll be happy to take them.

I will take some too if you don't want them all. I understand the wanting a nicer gun and but it isn't like they don't work or have a high failure rate. Used to own a C9; I can;t tell you how many times non-Glock owners would ask to see my Glock at the range. :)

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Old friend of mine was moving from Logansport to Greenwood and put three handguns in boxes on top of his car, forgot, drove off and some kids ridding their bikes found them alongside the road and he got a call, and then a good "A" chewing from the local Sheriffs Dept.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Most people never record their serial #s, so what exactly would they report stolen? A general description of the gun?

I have a phone app for this that also allows me to email myself a backup copy. I have started going through my gun safe to get ready for the wonderful weather we have awaiting us this spring. As I pull to clean and service each weapon, I have been verifying I have the serial number correct. There are several free apps that will do this.

Top Bottom