Guns everyone seem to hat, but you love.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have yet to see you slink away in shame about anything. You are a man grounded in your beliefs and choices. I respect the heck out of that. I say that all honestly and with no purple.

:gheyhi:"I love you bro!"

But seriously, it must not have been that traumatic. You came back for Larry's rifle class.
    Could somebody in the fishers area check on MCgrease and make sure he’s not drinking too much?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    What are the guns you see people crap on but you love, and why?

Mine is the desert eagle. I know it's kind of a meme gun that's too large, heavy, and powerful for realistic self defense, but I just love big, chonky guns. Plus the rotating bolt is a neat engineering feature, and the recoil is a blast.

Welcome.

Off topic, but may I take this moment to tell the atf to **** off?

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Schutzen rifles right now.
    Love the craftsmanship even if the calibers are obsolete.

P-35/Browning Hi-Power.
    Don't need the entire ammo can in a magazine, particularly when you are punching holes in paper plates.

Not too many years ago I was varmint hunting with an AR and got laughed at...

Single shot hunting rifles, like Ruger #1.

minigunjake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Back on topic, here are some of my favorite guns I love to hat.

Pratts%2BGun%2BHat%2B01%2BCCF.jpg
    Hardy har har, mr. never made a typo. lol

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Savage Model 64 .22 rifle. Limited to 10 round mags only. Hard to take apart and clean. Usually comes in an ugly black tupperware stock. If you have good mags and ammo, it is reliable and accurate.
    100% agree. I bought mine on my 18th birthday 14 years ago. Nice wooden stock. Such a great shooter.

Mine would be my ruger mk3 or my ruger mini 30. They're both just such fun.
    I also forget how much I enjoy my sr9 until I take it out.
    I think I just like rugers even though I never take them out or use them for anything other than plinking

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The Taurus Curve. It fits in the hip pocket of my leggings and conforms to the shape of my hip without causing uncomfortable hot spots. I find it to be the perfect BUG to my Judge. Not that you need a BUG when you've got the power of a shotgun in a handgun.

My only real issue is the lack of a Grip Zone on either, leaving me always just a little uncertain I'm holding them correctly.

LEGGINGS?!?!?

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I took a FNX45 Tac to a Larry Vickers class, and of course most others had ‘normal’ guns, but he asked me in a very exasperated tone “what did the gun salesman have to say to you to get you to buy that?!?” Of course loudly in front of everybody at the line. I had to either slink away in shame or stand proudly and say “I went looking for it on purpose!” I shot ok with it, accuracy was good, speed, meh.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Pretty sure it was an FNX that ND into the ground in one of vickers classes I was at. No fault of the gun, but possibly why he was talking crap, well that and he talks crap on anything he isn't sponsored by. But we all know that signing up.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Mine would be my ruger mk3 or my ruger mini 30. They're both just such fun.

Oooh...good call. I like mine so much, I forgot how much everybody hates on them.

People complain about how hard the pre MkIV guns are to disassemble/re-assemble, but once I learned how to do it it's now very easy. I actually prefer my MkII to the newer models, because there's no mag disconnect. Ruger worked some magic on these guns...mine is more accurate than me, has a great trigger, and is more reliable than any rimfire semi-auto has a right to be. Also, if you watch, every now and then you can get a good deal on one because people don't like working on them. :cool:

I also love the mini-14, even if it's not as accurate or "as good as" an AR. It's just handy and plain fun to shoot, and being .223 costs less than half as much per round than .30-06 out of my Garand.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I took a FNX45 Tac to a Larry Vickers class, and of course most others had ‘normal’ guns, but he asked me in a very exasperated tone “what did the gun salesman have to say to you to get you to buy that?!?” Of course loudly in front of everybody at the line. I had to either slink away in shame or stand proudly and say “I went looking for it on purpose!” I shot ok with it, accuracy was good, speed, meh.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    I ran my Sig 226 (and a Galco Leather Avenger holster) in a Dave Spaulding class. He took more notice in my Leather Holster saying the good ole days . Was the only hammer fired one there And having almost 30 years with Sigs We both ran just fine LOL

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Pretty sure it was an FNX that ND into the ground in one of vickers classes I was at. No fault of the gun, but possibly why he was talking crap, well that and he talks crap on anything he isn't sponsored by. But we all know that signing up.
    When you have open enrollment classes you sometime get some dandies I've seen my share

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    S&W 500 mags 4" & 8". Funnest guns I have.
    Usually other people at the pistol range don't care for them and will back away till done shooting.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ruger P-series 9 mm. Ugly (to some people), heavy, not glamorous, mostly accurate, utterly reliable.
    I used to have 3 Calicos. Down to one now, and too many mags. Who doesn't love 100 rounds?
    Can't hardly beat a good Ruger P-Series 9mm pistol...models 85, 89, 93, 94, 95!
    While many consider them 'ugly' I say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'!
    They're big and un-gangly-looking, but they will eat anything you feed 'em, they're accurate as heck, and in the end they'll shoot 'one ragged hole' if you know what you're doing with them!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I’ve always had a thing for bobbed hammer DAO revolvers. A lot of people complain about the trigger pulls being too heavy, but if you know how to shoot they are completely manageable.
    Nuthin' a MCARBO trigger job won't smooth out and a set of Wolff springs will improve trigger pull!
    Like anything else, one has to practice with them, but they're definitely manageable!

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    There are several Taurus models I really like and carry, the PT92 and the PT909 are my favorites.

When it comes to dealing with their customer service, I am right back there hating them with everyone else.

All I can say is 'fix them yourself'...

Top Bottom