• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Local media here in Boston referred to ammo found at an Aarron Hernandez apartment as being for a ".45 caliber Glock" like the one used in the murder he is accused of.......
    Didn't know ammo companies were making model specific ammo. Must be a niche market for the rich and stupid....

Maybe it was a .45 GAP (Glock Automatic Pistol) round? :dunno:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    No GAP. Just local media and ignorance. The victim had a .45 round or 2 in him and the FORMER Patriot TE just happens to have .45 cal Glock. We know cause he posted Facebook pics.....

Edit: OK I learned something......didn't know there was a special Glock round. I thought that was a joke. ( Although I hear they once needed their own .40)

Could be what thye meant. Boston Media 1, Cygnus 0 :facepalm:

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Every gun scene in the movie "48 Hours" featured someone breaking all 4 rules at once.

And in one early scene the main cop, Nick Nolte, gets in a shootout with an escaped convict. The convict somehow gets Nolte's gun, shoots and kills two other cops with it and takes off.

Nolte goes back to the station to get some new guns. No investigation into the shooting that left 2 others dead. No reprimand for losing his weapon. No psych eval., nothing.

The whole movie made me cringe.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Close Quarters gun fighting with the pistol at full extension...
    Speaking of Westerns, I love Winchester '73 with Jimmy Stewart, but throwing the gun up from a lateral position then quickly pulling the trigger - WTH?!
    Rifle sounds from a shotgun and vise-versa...
    Every missed shot is a ricochet,...
    Throwing the muzzle at the target/bad-guy instead of aiming...

I love Gunsmoke - don't get me wrong - but Matt is slower than everyone, but he always wins. He's a full tenth or worse slower than the bad guy in the classic opener scene on all the 50's and 60's vintage shows.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I mostly see this in cartoons but it still bugs the crap out of me.

Family Guy- Peter takes out a double barrel shotgun breaks the action proceeds to loads 5 rounds into the barrels then closes the action and pumps the fore grip like a pump shot, then shoots 6 rounds semi auto.

This happens alot in modern cartoons. I never saw Elmer Fudd shoot more than 2 but I could be wrong.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    At the end of the new GI Joe movie when a character at some formal ceremony is presented with a handgun in a presentation box the character pulls the gun out of the box by sticking his trigger finger in the guard, makes a clever statement then pops off a round (presumably into the crowd at the presentation or just randomly downrange?). It's just awful.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I mostly see this in cartoons but it still bugs the crap out of me.

Family Guy- Peter takes out a double barrel shotgun breaks the action proceeds to loads 5 rounds into the barrels then closes the action and pumps the fore grip like a pump shot, then shoots 6 rounds semi auto.

This happens alot in modern cartoons. I never saw Elmer Fudd shoot more than 2 but I could be wrong.
    Ugh pump side by side always makes me sick. I think somebody actually built one once though. It's nicknamed the Remington 1170 or something like that, and it's kind of no good for anything but screwing around with.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Every missed shot is a ricochet,...
    I hate all the sparks in the ricochets too. Especially the bullets that bounce off railing. Someone fires 5 rounds at our hero in the stairwell and all 5 rounds spark and bounce of the railing. I'd like to know where to buy those magnetic flint bullets.
    Bullets that ricochet off of cars without even scratching the paint.
    Bullets that ignite anything even slightly flammable, mostly cars.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but dbrier's post made me think of it.

I hate it when somone in a movie shoots an Oxygen tank and it blows up like a freaking A-bomb. Oxygen by it's self is not really flamable

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know it has been mentioned before, but..... all the extraneous noise from firearms. Racking slides (they all must sound like pump shotguns), cocking hammers (on striker-fired handguns), the random metallic sounds when someone draws a gun from a leather holster, ricochets after every shot (bang....pew!), etc... I know it is for dramatic effect, but it is SO fake.

Top Bottom