73093827_10218090993440756_4929535756067667968_n.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    From what you're describing, you have a fence to keep animals in. I don't know anything about you or your political affiliation by seeing that. Your Ag plates actually help that argument. Even if you're out back shooting, you could be one of those insane terrorist F's that thinks they're going to bring an armed conflict to the US. Frankly, if I hear someone out shooting, that's a sign for me to stay away, friend or foe because I simply don't know and frankly don't want to. I'm gray.

I'm also 6'4" and a pretty big guy in general. You'd be surprised how frequently I accidentally startle people at places like the grocery store because I've learned how not to draw attention to myself any more so than necessary. I wear plain clothes, darker colors mostly, walk softly, keep my mouth shut, etc. If I can walk around with a full frame steel .45 while wearing steel toes 99% of the time and accidentally sneak up on people in public, you can for sure blend in at home where you have total control of your surroundings.

I'll say it again that I'm not trying to chastise you with my opinions. You're not doing anything wrong or being unreasonable. It's the world that has become unreasonable around you.
    Sometimes you gotta be beige to be gray.
    Dz8uOE9X0AAiEwV.jpg

The grey man philosophy is just that - a philosophy, not a rule. There's other philosophies, like showing support for things you love and respect. To each his own. (I have no flags or stickers, but I often OC, so...)

As to the main discussion - I'd shrug it off; no need to escalate. If they're trying be anonymous, then I wouldn't engage.

But then again, what do these people think will happen? Do they honestly think you'd read their note, "Oh man, I'm offending them! I guess I'll just take down my flags." :rolleyes:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The grey man philosophy is just that - a philosophy, not a rule. There's other philosophies, like showing support for things you love and respect. To each his own. (I have no flags or stickers, but I often OC, so...)

Of course you're absolutely right about that. The central point I was making is that I don't think I'd personally make my house part of my soap box of liberty and this situation is exactly why. I prefer to be as much of a gray man as possible expressly to avoid this sort of thing.

I'll say it again that since the flags are up, there's no chance I'd take them down. This is more of an attempt to raise awareness for some other folks before making their own decisions. New people read these threads all the time and may have never even thought about it before. It wasn't that long ago that I would have thought someone sharing a story like this was pulling my chain...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just send them a note via USPS that says one word "NUTS".

Some how I don't think they'll get the General McAuliffe reference about WCD surrendering his flags.:ingo::patriot:

To prevent a future flag confiscation, I recommend we help WCD construct a moat around his property with a draw bridge complete with flags, spires, and with the moat filled with toothless alligators and rabid ducks.:cool:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Some how I don't think they'll get the General McAuliffe reference about WCD surrendering his flags.:ingo::patriot:

To prevent a future flag confiscation, I recommend we help WCD construct a moat around his property with a draw bridge complete with flags, spires, and with the moat filled with toothless alligators and rabid ducks.:cool:

Not rabid ducks... Sodomy geese! ;)

1a9ec54e3f38aba8487fa1e93ec2e745b2f9441fbc7b37deaf8898d68c7a064a_1.jpg

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I recommend we help WCD construct a moat around his property with a draw bridge complete with flags, spires, and with the moat filled with toothless alligators and rabid ducks.:cool:

Moats are too easy to defeat. I recommend we entrench a position at the front line and stage artillery appropriately... just behind the mines.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    But seriously sometimes I wonder if there are not those out there who be offended regardless of what you do?

Yes. Absolutely yes. That's exactly why I've been advocating to do nothing to draw any attention at all.

I know, I know... :horse:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Moats are too easy to defeat. I recommend we entrench a position at the front line and stage artillery appropriately... just behind the mines.

Mid Evil era style moats, yes, but I imagine a 150 foot wide, 30 foot deep moat with everything removed stacked to the inside at a very steep angle with today's machinery is another thing, not everyone carries around a articulated folding pontoon bridge in their back pocket. Rabid ducks and Alligators in the moat and sodomy Geese on the inside incline, oh BTW I failed to mention that in one of the spires on the drawbridge contains a sniper position with full range view and capable of calling in mortar strikes from pre ranged areas with 81mm mortar rounds. If needed and the pesky neighbor has evaded the moat defenses of toothless alligators, rabid ducks and Sodomy Geese and is about to breach the moats interior incline and the home fire base is in danger of being over ran, then a good trusted friend living nearby could be called upon to rein down death of danger close 1055mm pop rounds, of course we can't forget death from above dropped by WKRP's helicopter drone with tactical Turkeys, no parachutes allowes.:cool::ingo:

Yes I have way to much time on my hands.:runaway:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Mid Evil era style moats, yes, but I imagine a 150 foot wide, 30 foot deep moat with everything removed stacked to the inside at a very steep angle with today's machinery is another thing, not everyone carries around a articulated folding pontoon bridge in their back pocket.

I'm totally with you in spirit, especially when it comes to attack poultry, but most days I have enough oil and gas on hand to make that moat a very unpleasant experience for the people inside it and that's without stocking up for an invasion. On the flip side, if I have an entrenched position that previous liability become an advantage. I'm proposing a "dry" moat, further out from the house, which can be filled with fire if needed. I don't think I need to try to drown the black knight in his armor and 30lb sword with my moat, but I can sure as hell burn him and about anything else.

...plus then we have a legitimate reason to invest in flame throwers. It's for the safety of the family!

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm totally with you in spirit, especially when it comes to attack poultry, but most days I have enough oil and gas on hand to make that moat a very unpleasant experience for the people inside it and that's without stocking up for an invasion. On the flip side, if I have an entrenched position that previous liability become an advantage. I'm proposing a "dry" moat, further out from the house, which can be filled with fire if needed. I don't think I need to try to drown the black knight in his armor and 30lb sword with my moat, but I can sure as hell burn him and about anything else.

...plus then we have a legitimate reason to invest in flame throwers. It's for the safety of the family!

:+1: Where's the flamethrower smiley when you need it?

Top Bottom