• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I must be missing something, or I bought a different type. Mine only stuck under the grip panel about 1/8", not nearly to the grip screw. I need to look into this because I was really excited about getting some front strap grippiness. I was so sure it would work that I bought 3 sets. Egaads!

They won't reach the screw, they're not designed for that. They're held in place by friction mostly as the lip only holds it in place in the holes in the frame while the grips clamp and hold it in place.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    They won't reach the screw, they're not designed for that. They're held in place by friction mostly as the lip only holds it in place in the holes in the frame while the grips clamp and hold it in place.

Okay, thanks. I was misunderstanding your description in post #16. I didn't realize that the frame cutouts are different from the commander to government size. I'm going to look at it again tomorrow, but I think I'd have to take a lot of metal off my frame for the front strap device to have enough extra to tuck into that frame cut out.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Okay, thanks. I was misunderstanding your description in post #16. I didn't realize that the frame cutouts are different from the commander to government size. I'm going to look at it again tomorrow, but I think I'd have to take a lot of metal off my frame for the front strap device to have enough extra to tuck into that frame cut out.

Glad to help but please don't cut or take anything off your frame. Cut the WC strap cover to fit your frame. Easier and cheaper to replace if there is a "oops" or "oh sh!t" involved. PM me when you take a look at it and I'll try to help if I can.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Glad to help but please don't cut or take anything off your frame. Cut the WC strap cover to fit your frame. Easier and cheaper to replace if there is a "oops" or "oh sh!t" involved. PM me when you take a look at it and I'll try to help if I can.

No sir, I won't be taking any metal off my frame. The problem is the WC strap cover does not have enough material to get to the frame cut out. It's too short. So maybe I bought the wrong model, or something else, hence my confusion.

Maybe it will be more obvious with a fresh start in the morning, and a cup of strong coffee.!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    No sir, I won't be taking any metal off my frame. The problem is the WC strap cover does not have enough material to get to the frame cut out. It's too short. So maybe I bought the wrong model, or something else, hence my confusion.

Maybe it will be more obvious with a fresh start in the morning, and a cup of strong coffee.!

My bad, I misunderstood. Now I understand the confusion. I've never owned a commander size hence my misunderstanding. Best of luck getting it figured out. Let me/us know what you come up with.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I've used Talon grips in the past, and I've found them adequate. I was looking at Goon Tape, but in the event of an interaction with LEOs I wasn't sure how they'd perceive a pistol's grip wrapped in tape.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've used Talon grips in the past, and I've found them adequate. I was looking at Goon Tape, but in the event of an interaction with LEOs I wasn't sure how they'd perceive a pistol's grip wrapped in tape.
    right-to-jail-jail.gif

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I had put Hogue finger groove grips on my Tisas but after putting them on my groups were all shooting left and low, they were POA before. I bought some generic grip tape and put it on the front strap along some G10 grips I bought and I like this set up much better and I'm back hitting POA again.

004e3f8befd5d7c4074c8806bbc2f77b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have used the Wilson Combat one for a long time. The only thing I have found about them is that they tend to slip a little on a 1911 frame. In other words they get a little bit crooked. It is only cosmetic. I've used Dragon Skin on a Ruger MK .22 pistol. It is very aggressive, so it might not be for those with soft/ sensitive hands. One could take a sheet of Dragon Skin and hammer down (smooth) the part under the grips and make holes that would fit over the grip screw bushings. That would keep it in place.

Top Bottom