• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Due to the shortcomings of humanity, are you ready to accept a return to the horrors of state-run mental facilities? Are you willing to tolerate the media-expose? I might be as long as I am never a resident of one.

A sickness has been loosed that is only curable by the intolerable.
    Is the current solution really much better? Many of those that would be in these hospitals are now living on the street instead.

I would also like to think that things would be better today than they were then. Prisons are not the same, who says these hospitals would be?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Is the current solution really much better? Many of those that would be in these hospitals are now living on the street instead.

I would also like to think that things would be better today than they were then. Prisons are not the same, who says these hospitals would be?
    No, I don't see the current solution as being much better. Thus the statement/allusion about solutions for our current problems being difficult.

I too would think things would be better than the 1800s. I would hope things would be better than the 1950s versions. But one, just ONE story of an intern, orderly, attendant, nursing student or otherwise abusing a patient, then what?

Where does the media go with that story? Do you not believe that a patient would ever need to be restrained? Do you not believe that a loved one or family member might object or be offended? It might be the same loved one that cannot or is not willing to care for their relative at home. Do you not believe it is just another avenue for endless lawsuits against the state? How many 27 million dollar awards would you like to be seen given to 'survivors' due to the untimely death of their loved one?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No, I don't see the current solution as being much better. Thus the statement/allusion about solutions for our current problems being difficult.

I too would think things would be better than the 1800s. I would hope things would be better than the 1950s versions. But one, just ONE story of an intern, orderly, attendant, nursing student or otherwise abusing a patient, then what?

Where does the media go with that story? Do you not believe that a patient would ever need to be restrained? Do you not believe that a loved one or family member might object or be offended? It might be the same loved one that cannot or is not willing to care for their relative at home. Do you not believe it is just another avenue for endless lawsuits against the state? How many 27 million dollar awards would you like to be seen given to 'survivors' due to the untimely death of their loved one?
    I think that stuff is still happening today in hospitals, but I see your point. Our society is so caught up in the moral outrage of things that they do not pause to consider the actual situation.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Potentially Unpopular opinion inbound:

Let's say a man is suffering from anorexia, he's 6foot and weights 100 pounds. Constantly speaks about how he feels fat, refuses to eat, guys the treadmill all day long. He's wasting away.
    Those who are close to him and love him would not say he's fat and needs watch what hes eating and support his treadmill habit. They wouldn't drive him to the gym they wouldn't take him on long walks. They certainly wouldn't drive him to the doctor for lypo. The doctors wouldnt say he's clearly very large and needs help.

They wouldn't treat his eating habits right away. They would treat his mental issues that lead to his unhealthy body image. They of course would work on his eating to get him healthy but a large focus would be his mental health issues.

So when a man walks into a Doctor and says hey doc let's get rid of my dick bc I'm a chick. The doctors first reaction should almost never be reaching for the nearest sharp object or castration drugs.

Why are we not focused on the mental health part of body dysmorphia?

You can see that these "public health issues" really started to jump when we closed down all the sanatoriums. We unleased all these sick people into the public. Our hospitals, jails and legal systems are not equipped to deal with these issues. We need safe well funded well trained and well staffed places to help these people get better and learn how to cope in the real world. And those who can't be released will have a safe place to live and learn to deal with their issues.
    Because claiming the alphabet people have mental health issues is considered hate speech.

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Looks like Epicenity just wanted to do a drive-by trolling. :rolleyes:
    My apologies for the delay, I was on vacation.
    So to be clear you are a fan of mutilating children, puberty blockers and all of that woke gender bending BS. Anyone who is not is clearly not as smart as you. Please forgive me if I’m reading you wrong. I may be one of those Bronze Age illiterates you mentioned, but if hospitals are doing things that they don’t want the public to know about then maybe they should not be doing it? Again let me apologize in advance if I have misread your post but if not.......well house rules prevent me from saying it here.

To make sure I understand: You think it is ok to...what are you implying? violence? if educated medical professionals disagree with your bigotry?
    Oh no, everybody! Never mind the literally hundreds (or maybe even thousands) of Americans killed in the last 20 years alone by foreign terrorists and extremists; that's clearly all made up propaganda to get politicians elected! The real threat to American lives is an angry conservative dad tearing down a school with his bare hands, because that totally happens all the time in this country. Oh, and if you don't believe that chopping up a child's genitals is perfectly splendid, you're a superstitious bronze-age illiterate.

First, foreign terrorism is an entirely different topic and its existence doesn't make committing violence here ok. Second, no one is "chopping up child's genitals. That's not entirely true, religious extremists are. I present as evidence female genital mutilation and male circumcision.

Ok hang on a second, are you saying people who are concerned about the welfare of children are no different than Islamic terrorists?
    You know better than that. Try harder please. That feels like a lazy attempt to win cheap points.
    So you advocate for butchering children. Okay then.
    I would be careful about saying such sadistic things in public.

Ok. A) NO. and B)What? Is that a threat?
    "Hospitals need to be concerned with religious extremists banding together to pass regressive laws concerning medicine based on the superstitions of bronze-age illiterates."

Aside from the misconception of the idea of - presumably - the Israelites being "bronze-age illiterates," are our current "medical authorities" any more worthy of trust? Especially the ones who outright lied to us about COVID-19 and the efficacy of the "vaccines?" The morality of the Judeo-Christian faiths, and that of many others, has withstood the test of time. It's fads like you seem to espouse that rise and fall as their hold on societies causes those societies to fail.
    Yes, people who have gone through the rigorous requirements, based on the cumulative scientific discoveries, to become medical professionals seem to be more trustworthy than the authors of jewels like "Exodus 22:18 – Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." I'm happy to have that discussion, but as someone pointed out: "wrong thread."

Why the **** are doctors focusing on affirmation?

"Hey doc I've got cancer."

"Ok let's start chemo!"

Shouldn't doctors be helping folks not just buying into their fantasies?
    1) Because that is what science has determined is the best current solution.
    2) That is not how it works, I think you know that, but in case you don't...
    I heard a great analogy the highlights the evil lunacy of these people:

My 5 year old think he's a pirate so I take him to the local woke pirate affirming medical team to have an eye removed, hand and leg amputated, fitted with an eye patch to cover the newly empty eye socket, metal hook for the freshly amputated hand, and wooden peg for the leg. Now gush over my tolerance, affirmation, being an ally, and open mindedness as a parent.
    That is a terrible analogy.

Potentially Unpopular opinion inbound:

Let's say a man is suffering from anorexia, he's 6foot and weights 100 pounds. Constantly speaks about how he feels fat, refuses to eat, guys the treadmill all day long. He's wasting away.
    Those who are close to him and love him would not say he's fat and needs watch what hes eating and support his treadmill habit. They wouldn't drive him to the gym they wouldn't take him on long walks. They certainly wouldn't drive him to the doctor for lypo. The doctors wouldnt say he's clearly very large and needs help.

They wouldn't treat his eating habits right away. They would treat his mental issues that lead to his unhealthy body image. They of course would work on his eating to get him healthy but a large focus would be his mental health issues.

So when a man walks into a Doctor and says hey doc let's get rid of my dick bc I'm a chick. The doctors first reaction should almost never be reaching for the nearest sharp object or castration drugs.
    That is not the Dr.'s firs reaction.

Why are we not focused on the mental health part of body dysmorphia?
    Do you think they are not.
    You can see that these "public health issues" really started to jump when we closed down all the sanatoriums. We unleased all these sick people into the public. Our hospitals, jails and legal systems are not equipped to deal with these issues. We need safe well funded well trained and well staffed places to help these people get better and learn how to cope in the real world. And those who can't be released will have a safe place to live and learn to deal with their issues.
    This is basically the same attitude "Christians" had and "Islamists" still have about gay people.

Again let me apologize in advance if I have misread your post but if not.......well house rules prevent me from saying it here.

Violence again? If decent people made rules against saying what you want to say, maybe you should so some self-reflection.
    Nailed it.

Epicenity is the lack of gender distinction, often reducing the emphasis on the masculine to allow the feminine.

As life long victim of this kind of hate based on ignorance and religious bigotry, I feel inclined to speak out when possible. There are all kinds variations in human development and no matter how hard you hate, they probably won't go away. God apparently made man, woman and several types in-between. If you are not aware of that, you are uneducated.

For all of you who are saying ignorant things like "mutilating children's genitals" etc. I realize that this is the kind of high-value, echo chamber nonsense that keeps people stirred up about perceived enemies, but here is how science based medicine sees it.

Giving medical aid to people who need it is an imperfect but constantly improving endeavor. I feel like my effort will be summed up by Matthew 7:6 but I will try anyway.

First, nobody is performing genital surgery on "children". Second puberty blockers are not "chemical castration". They were invented and are still used on children going through precocious puberty. They are not "experimenting" on children, they are practicing medicine.

Second, when it has been determined, and it takes a lot more than "one visit to the Dr.", medical intervention is the right thing to do. One of the most common birth defects is patent ductus arteriosus. A condition where an opening between the two major blood vessels leading from the heart fails to close after birth. Medical intervention from drugs to surgery are used to correct to correct to prevent medical problems up to and including death. Is this "mutilating children"? No it is correcting a medical issue.

Finally, IMHO the media is being used to keep you stirred up by blowing hot button topics way out of proportion. Presumably to keep you looking the other way about things that really matter, like our eroding civil rights, our crumbling infrastructure, the abuse of American workers by increasingly monopolistic, huge corporations. It's like when some idiot carries a gun into a church and shoots up a bunch of people. The media will blow it out of proportion into a full blown alleged racist, holy-war. But it isn't.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    First, foreign terrorism is an entirely different topic and its existence doesn't make committing violence here ok. Second, no one is "chopping up child's genitals. That's not entirely true, religious extremists are. I present as evidence female genital mutilation and male circumcision.
    You brought foreign terrorism into the discussion, not me. Unless you were referring to something else when you said "...zealots of whatever country you're supposed to be afraid of right now..."

So let me get this straight; according to you, chopping of a male child's entire genitals and injecting him with artificial hormones to radically alter his body's makeup is 100% okay. But cutting of a small, unnecessary piece of skin (something that many completely irreligious people do for the health benefits) is religious extremism. How would you even pretend to defend such a position?

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    1) Please read this twice: NOBODY IS "CHOPPING OF A MALE CHILD'S ENTIRE GENITALS AND INJECTING HIM WITH ARTIFICIAL HORMONES". Nobody.

2) Can you not see the difference between the large scale cutting up LITERAL CHILDREN'S genitals because of ancient superstition without their consent, and the voluntary altering of an adults to align a brain body mismatch?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My apologies for the delay, I was on vacation.

To make sure I understand: You think it is ok to...what are you implying? violence? if educated medical professionals disagree with your bigotry?

You know better than that. Try harder please. That feels like a lazy attempt to win cheap points.

Ok. A) NO. and B)What? Is that a threat?

Yes, people who have gone through the rigorous requirements, based on the cumulative scientific discoveries, to become medical professionals seem to be more trustworthy than the authors of jewels like "Exodus 22:18 – Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." I'm happy to have that discussion, but as someone pointed out: "wrong thread."

1) Because that is what science has determined is the best current solution.
    2) That is not how it works, I think you know that, but in case you don't...

That is a terrible analogy.

That is not the Dr.'s firs reaction.

Do you think they are not.

This is basically the same attitude "Christians" had and "Islamists" still have about gay people.

Violence again? If decent people made rules against saying what you want to say, maybe you should so some self-reflection.

As life long victim of this kind of hate based on ignorance and religious bigotry, I feel inclined to speak out when possible. There are all kinds variations in human development and no matter how hard you hate, they probably won't go away. God apparently made man, woman and several types in-between. If you are not aware of that, you are uneducated.

For all of you who are saying ignorant things like "mutilating children's genitals" etc. I realize that this is the kind of high-value, echo chamber nonsense that keeps people stirred up about perceived enemies, but here is how science based medicine sees it.

Giving medical aid to people who need it is an imperfect but constantly improving endeavor. I feel like my effort will be summed up by Matthew 7:6 but I will try anyway.

First, nobody is performing genital surgery on "children". Second puberty blockers are not "chemical castration". They were invented and are still used on children going through precocious puberty. They are not "experimenting" on children, they are practicing medicine.

Second, when it has been determined, and it takes a lot more than "one visit to the Dr.", medical intervention is the right thing to do. One of the most common birth defects is patent ductus arteriosus. A condition where an opening between the two major blood vessels leading from the heart fails to close after birth. Medical intervention from drugs to surgery are used to correct to correct to prevent medical problems up to and including death. Is this "mutilating children"? No it is correcting a medical issue.

Finally, IMHO the media is being used to keep you stirred up by blowing hot button topics way out of proportion. Presumably to keep you looking the other way about things that really matter, like our eroding civil rights, our crumbling infrastructure, the abuse of American workers by increasingly monopolistic, huge corporations. It's like when some idiot carries a gun into a church and shoots up a bunch of people. The media will blow it out of proportion into a full blown alleged racist, holy-war. But it isn't.

If I was a betting non fluid, cis gendered straight white male I'd say you won't be around long.

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Why is there so much resistance to aligning the brain to deal with what you call the "brain body mismatch", rather than the body?
    Have you considered that medical professionals have realized that doesn't work? Maybe for the same reason that a lot of states banned "conversion therapy"?

Here is a question I asked before that no one cared to answer: Is the only difference between you and your wife is your equipment for using the toilet? If there is another, more meaningful difference, what organ is responsible for that?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Have you considered that medical professionals have realized that doesn't work? Maybe for the same reason that a lot of states banned "conversion therapy"?

Here is a question I asked before that no one cared to answer: Is the only difference between you and your wife is your equipment for using the toilet? If there is another, more meaningful difference, what organ is responsible for that?
    I hesitate to inject myself into the fray here, but what the heck!

DNA is the map for the construction of the entire organism. Men have an X and a Y chromosome. Women have two X chromosomes. Women can only offer/supply/donate an X chromosome to their offspring. A male donates either an X or a Y chromosome.

When big boys and big girls love each other they share a "special hug" where they create a baby by the male donating either an X or a Y chromosome in a process where the woman contributes an X chromosome in her egg.

Other than the fixation on genitals and genital mutilation (which I'll include the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries even though some might not consider them to be genitals), there seems to be confusion about waste excretion, including a monthly shedding of the uterine lining during child-birthing years. My pee-pee never bleeds because my sperm failed to fertilize an egg, but I digress.

I feel sorry for you that, in your anger and confusion, genitalia are only reduced to devices for bathroom habits and superficial gender identification.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Somehow my post posted when I didn't mean it to post. I often type out a lot of thoughts in a stream-of-consciousness kind of way then edit it down, so if it looked like I just posted an incoherent ramble of nonsense, that's because I did.

Last edited:

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    I hesitate to inject myself into the fray here, but what the heck!

DNA is the map for the construction of the entire organism. Men have an X and a Y chromosome. Women have two X chromosomes. Women can only offer/supply/donate an X chromosome to their offspring. A male donates either an X or a Y chromosome.

When big boys and big girls love each other they share a "special hug" where they create a baby by the male donating either an X or a Y chromosome in a process where the woman contributes an X chromosome in her egg.

Other than the fixation on genitals and genital mutilation (which I'll include the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries even though some might not consider them to be genitals), there seems to be confusion about waste excretion, including a monthly shedding of the uterine lining during child-birthing years. My pee-pee never bleeds because my sperm failed to fertilize an egg, but I digress.

I feel sorry for you that, in your anger and confusion, genitalia are only reduced to devices for bathroom habits and superficial gender identification.
    That's a lot of words to say that you can't answer the question.

Also, I'm not angry. I'm not the one threating people and buildings and hurling insults.

Top Bottom