• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    For some reason I missed that part of the discussion by my Dr who performed the procedure. It was 48 hours of searing pain in a place where pain is magnified 10000%. Put the whitey tighties on and everything was fine in a few hours and I survived.

Heck, he EMPHASIZED to me that I want all the support for the boys that I can get. He easily mentioned it 3 times during the initial consult, on top of it was written numerous times in the packet he mailed me, as well as it was on the take home packet after the procedure. I feel pretty good today (3rd day).. Havent taken any pain meds, and just playing it safe. No lifting of anything real heavy, no running. He said I should be able to resume working out and running on Thanksgiving.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Def listen to the doctor when he says 'don't push it'. I've heard horror stories of guys doing too much too soon, and then they experience elephantitus lol

Well thanks to that image, I'm going to have nightmares tonight... My boyfriend said he wanted to do this because he doesn't want kids, but my God! That sounds horrifying.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    When I got mine, oh, bout 22 yrs ago, I swear they used the back edge of a butter knife! I'm sure they use sharper instruments nowadays.

When I was laying there and the Doc and nurse were doing their magic the nurse stuck her hand in the way as the Doc was numbing me and he pulled back as he said "Oops" Let me tell you I jerked up on my elbows and cried "OOPS"?? WHAT??? THey both started to laugh so hard, I wasn't amused.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I was set to have this done after our third child, but my wife had to get a hysterectomy before it happened. I was a big chicken and secretly glad I could avoid it. I had dreams that a big death ray would hit the earth and by some fluke, I would be the only fertile man left on the planet, like in some sort of syfi movie. I would have beautiful women from James Bond movies making appointments to sleep with me every night and was treated like a king. Now that I am older, I have nightmares about being the last fertile old man getting ****ed to death. I am pretty sure there is a movie like that somewhere.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    When my friend got neutered, he jumped off a 4 foot dock at work, realizing in mid-air what he just did wrong. He said it all happened in super slow motion.

Before landing, he cupped to support his Nards the best he could and tried to cushion his fall by over exaggerating his legs when they hit land. All his efforts completely failed.

I was only a minute behind him. When I caught up, he was laying in the fetal position - Whimpering like a baby. It was Hilarious. I've got a picture of it somewhere. :):

Just take it easy, don't overdue it and DON'T FORGET.

Enjoy the BUZZ.

The shop foreman where I used to work was trying to prove how tough he was, so he came back to work after having his done. I guess he figured since all he did was sit on his arse all day, might as well get paid. We had moved some machinery around and when a guy plugged a lathe in, it spun the wrong way. He didn't know what was wrong, so he asked the foreman. The foreman proceeds to climb up on top of the lathe and rewire the plug. When he was done, he just turned around and jumped off. I didn't have the pleasure of being present for this but those that were recount the story of never hearing a grown man truly scream like a girl before that day. He missed the next 2 week of work waiting for the swelling to go down.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Well, Im still in pain... I go through times of being pain free , but I would say 80% of the day is painful... starting to get worried that something isnt right. I was off 2 days after the surgery, but I didnt really stay off my feet. I have worked every day since doing light labor but it does include climbing ladders such.

Hows your Pain Mcolford?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Well, Im still in pain... I go through times of being pain free , but I would say 80% of the day is painful... starting to get worried that something isnt right. I was off 2 days after the surgery, but I didnt really stay off my feet. I have worked every day since doing light labor but it does include climbing ladders such.

Hows your Pain Mcolford?

Im about 90% right now. Havent taken a pain pill in a couple days. I, however, did take it easy for 2 days, laying around in a damn near drug induced coma. Between that, and wearing briefs and an "Athletic Supporter" I have done alright. I got plow gear out yesterday, and didnt have any problems. Hesitant to run right now, so hopefully I dont have to.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Sorry if I repeat anything that's been said, but I don't want to read 4 pages of vasectomy stories at 6am. :D
    I had mine at the same place as Cyprant. If I remember it was about $1100. I didn't have insurance and it was all out of pocket.

I had the totally pain free experience. I worked the next day no problem. i had a very dull general soreness, but not any aching unless I bumped them (which happend a few times when my forklift hit a rough patch) but nothing terrible. It just kind of felt for 3 days like I got a good kick about 4 hours ago.

After that 3 days there was about a month where if you were really feeling around in there and got a hold of the tubes it would still be tender, but only when you made an effort to find the tenderness.
    I was clearing the pipes of any lurkers by the third day. I forget the magic number of clearings he recommended before bringing in a sample, but I far surpassed it in record time and got the "all clear" on my first time bringing a sample. That was the hardest part for me of the whole think was walking in and just handing my sample to the receptionist. I felt like a more civilized Multiple Miggs.

And when I wore out my first shirt I emailed me asking if I could have more and they told me they'd send one for free as a courtesy and charge me for any extras. So I got my free one and one for a friend.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Question to anyone who has been snipped:
    Can you swap lefty with righty now?

Oh no way.

There's a lot more wiring down there besides just the vas. That's all they snip. They're still connected by plenty of blood vessels and various other tubes and ducts.

Also I'm pretty sure, though not positive that the sac is divided into two section and never the twain shall meet. Kind of like the bottles of foaming liquid plumber.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Ahh, yes. The bringing in of the "sample" for testing. Now that was fun, you know all those people in the Dr.'s office were snickering after you dropped it off! I put the sample cup in a qt. sized mason jar and put that in a paper bag and dropped it off at the front desk and just left it. I loved the receptionists look!

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    I got it done...twice. Yup, I was a potent one, brimming with virility and testosterone, a real breeder. A legend in my own mind...

But seriously, I had to go twice. The morning after the second trip I was in a treestand.

HB

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ahh, yes. The bringing in of the "sample" for testing. Now that was fun, you know all those people in the Dr.'s office were snickering after you dropped it off! I put the sample cup in a qt. sized mason jar and put that in a paper bag and dropped it off at the front desk and just left it. I loved the receptionists look!

:+1: for creativity!

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I had to have it done 2xs . Don't have unprotected sex untill you get the go ahead from.the doctor. 1st time I had it done the next day I had a side job putting siding on a house ! All I can say is that's the biggest mistake I've ever made lol. Second time I took it easy and all was well lol. I had it done at 23yrs old had 3 kids and didn't want anymore. Now I'm 38 and would do it all over except for the side job lol

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Got mine done a month ago today. I'm still a bit tender. The procedure itself was excruciating, even with being "numbed". No burning, I got titanium clips put in. The best part was the pain meds, just wish I had more. Thought about starting a WTB thread for Vicodin, but don't think that would fly here. :)

I was on the couch for a few days, them turned black and blue. Still a bit swollen. I did not get a shirt.

Top Bottom