• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Not sure if someone mentioned it, but uncooked rice WILL dry it out. However, don't waste your time. The IPod will never work again. My girlfriend dropped her IPhone in the toilet and now has a BlackBerry. lol It short circuits the battery and has to be replaced, which Apple will gladly do for the neighborhood of $100.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Microwaves are magic! Use a plastic bag instead of sealing it in that metal container; the metal will just reduce your effectiveness!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    ive seen people drop their iphones/ipods/black berrys in water sources before and made it through ok... still would not recommend tuning it on untill it has dried.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh yes, "do not eat". I collect all the packages of "do not eat" I get. They can be recharged with heat in the toaster oven. Little known fact: it's not actually dangerous to eat them, but they don't taste like much, so I wouldn't bother.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Not sure if someone mentioned it, but uncooked rice WILL dry it out. However, don't waste your time. The IPod will never work again. My girlfriend dropped her IPhone in the toilet and now has a BlackBerry. lol It short circuits the battery and has to be replaced, which Apple will gladly do for the neighborhood of $100.

You can replace an iPhone battery for less than $4.00.

If she still has that phone, feel free to send it to me; mine just broke.:noway:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy

He is right, well, well kind of anyways. It normally will short out a battery. The rice trick will dry it out but you still might need to replace the battery.

I have learned this from personal experience. We had this happen with my wife's phone. It had to spend a week in rice to completely dry out but the battery had already shorted so after replacing it the phone worked like nothing happened.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington

So, she dropped her iphone into the toilet and it turned into a Blackberry? Cool trick!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Don't touch it. Wrap it in paper towel and put it in a ziplock with uncoiled rice...leave it for 10 days...each day move the rice around (like you are marinating.)

Ask me how I know this?

Posting from a rice burning iPod touch...

THE most important thing is to not touch it...any activity could short the logic board.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    He is right, well, well kind of anyways. It normally will short out a battery. The rice trick will dry it out but you still might need to replace the battery.

I have learned this from personal experience. We had this happen with my wife's phone. It had to spend a week in rice to completely dry out but the battery had already shorted so after replacing it the phone worked like nothing happened.

Not sure if that's the only thing they do, but with Iphones they also add a warranty to it.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Im thinking uncooked rice. Went through all four pages to make sure this wasn't already mentioned. Good luck and let us know how it turns out! :D

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Putting it in a ziplock bag with uncooked rice and sealing it will work nearly 100% of the time... As long as you do it BEFORE you put it in the washer.

I'd try rubbing it on a gerbil.

mister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Fairmount, IN
    If you get brave enough, check youtube for a walk-through on how to disassemble the unit. It's 50/50 weather or not your battery is toast at this point, but I'd be inclined to believe that it is, so you may want to go ahead and order a new one. Pull the case apart, inspect what you can, and allow it to air dry. You may use some heat, but nothing much hotter than 125 degrees. After you have let it air dry in pieces for a day or so, try the uncooked rice trick.

Top Bottom