• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's what we do: collect miles, hotel points and cash back, pay-off all balances each month.

But has anyone else noticed a trend among some vendors to pass off the fees the credit card issuer charges them onto the consumer? I get it with the small mom and pop's, but Belle Tire wanted to charge Mrs. oze 3% to use a CC. I'm starting to see this more and more.
    Many people are starting to learn the “free” is not so free…

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I know many gay and lesbian Christians unfortunately. I'm not a fan of religion. It says "Ignore the real world follow these 3000 year old fantasies".

Well, I know you're gone, but you've got that exactly backwards.
    Christianity says "here's a book full of immutable truths about the nature of human beings.....use these lessons to guide you through life and create a superior real world".
    Basically, ignore at your own peril.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's what we do: collect miles, hotel points and cash back, pay-off all balances each month.

But has anyone else noticed a trend among some vendors to pass off the fees the credit card issuer charges them onto the consumer? I get it with the small mom and pop's, but Belle Tire wanted to charge Mrs. oze 3% to use a CC. I'm starting to see this more and more.

Yes, I've started doing that for CC at the shop. The associated processing charges are just outrageous.
    My customers have the option of check/cash or a fee associated with CC's.
    Those cash back offers the CC companies are handing out? Where do you think that money was coming from?
    Hint: NOT the magnanamous CC companies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don't forget to boycott Dicks sporting goods,, bed bath and beyond, and of course Disney.

Whoops...

Go Woke, Go broke Dicks!

:)

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Whoops...

Go Woke, Go broke Dicks!

:)
    The stories state (and seem to support) the fact that Dick's blames increased theft, not a boycott.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The stories state (and seem to support) the fact that Dick's blames increased theft, not a boycott.
    I can believe that. Though a loss of firearms sales, and the loss of those customers sure didnt help.

But given what I've seen everywhere, They are right. Its leftist prosecutors (and political bosses) who wont do their jobs that is the problem.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Both are owned by InBev. Bud Light is a brand, not a company. People who were drinking Bud Light are now drinking other brands. Many of which are just drinking other brands owned by the same company.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Both are owned by InBev. Bud Light is a brand, not a company. People who were drinking Bud Light are now drinking other brands. Many of which are just drinking other brands owned by the same company.
    InBev owns most of the big brands. Modelo is not an AB brand though, so it is run by different people.

It amazes me that Modelo is #1. If I had tried blind guessing the #1 beer, I would have never guessed that one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    InBev owns most of the big brands. Modelo is not an AB brand though, so it is run by different people.

It amazes me that Modelo is #1. If I had tried blind guessing the #1 beer, I would have never guessed that one.

I would not have guessed, but if the numbers are correct that @Ingomike posted the other day I imagine that people from the old country would not change brands just because they live in the US now. So that would make them a sizeable chunk of the population.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would not have guessed, but if the numbers are correct that @Ingomike posted the other day I imagine that people from the old country would not change brands just because they live in the US now. So that would make them a sizeable chunk of the population.
    From what I can find, It isn't #1 there. Corona Light appears to be.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Yes, I've started doing that for CC at the shop. The associated processing charges are just outrageous.
    Those cash back offers the CC companies are handing out? Where do you think that money was coming from?
    I thought the CC merchant agreements used to prohibit add-on fees to customers who used cards. Has that been rescinded, or am I remembering it wrong?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Once, if you reported it they would lose the privilege.

I think you can post menue prices and give a discount for cash.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I am making a concerted effort to not give my hard-earned dollars to any business that does this. I also know that soon, there will no longer be any more of those windmills at which to tilt, as more and more businesses decide that it is a good idea for me to pay their CC fees (and more). Predictably, I've come across merchants who are gouging their (ex) customers 4% to use a CC.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I am making a concerted effort to not give my hard-earned dollars to any business that does this. I also know that soon, there will no longer be any more of those windmills at which to tilt, as more and more businesses decide that it is a good idea for me to pay their CC fees (and more). Predictably, I've come across merchants who are gouging their (ex) customers 4% to use a CC.

Use a check. Use cash. It’s an easy fix.
    Gouging?
    :rofl:

Discounts for cash at the gas pumps? Yes, the fees are already added in the pump price.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Use a check. Use cash. It’s an easy fix.
    Gouging?
    :rofl:

Discounts for cash at the gas pumps? Yes, the fees are already added in the pump price.
    Yes, charging 4% is adding at least 1.5% on top of what these people pay the banks. If you don’t like "gouging", how about "profiteering"?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes, charging 4% is adding at least 1.5% on top of what these people pay the banks. If you don’t like "gouging", how about "profiteering"?

What do you think I owe you?
    Is coming into my business and demanding a 4% discount on everything a reasonable expectation?
    I’ve kept my prices pretty consistent over this bidenomics ********.
    Every supplier I have has increased everything across the board. (Hint this is industry wide, I can’t “tilt at windmills” and go somewhere else.
    And whatever fees they are paying IT is THEIR decision if they want to use that method.

Beyond that, this is not a charity, “profit” seems like a dirty word to you, have you ever heard of a magical thing called “capitalism” it’s really all the rage right now.

Top Bottom