• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I traded for a 2nd Gen 19. I had maybe 325 in the trade. I sent it to Glock as some of the plastic frame rails were broke off and worn. For something like 12 bucks to ship they upgraded the frame and slide to a 3rd gen and kept the old barrel at no charge. Had a local shop round the trigger guard to fit a left hand xds45 holster and undercut the trigger guard a bit. As much as I despised the plastic look it fits well now and shoot POA. I mostly own 3rd Gen S&W steel semi's.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I own a glock and it’s ugly as sin not my first choice of gun. Not interesting it’s just a plastic and metal tool that does nothing really for me. The best thing that ever been produce and uses the term model 19 is a smith and Wesson 357 mag. The glock shelf life is still to be Determined because how long the frame will last years to come and the steel taken care of will last forever. Plus a blue or nickle or stainless gun is so sexy compared to other modern coating used on guns today.

View attachment 64193

I mean, maybe after 75 years the polymer will break down. If you left it out in the sun. Probably not. I think Glocks have been surpassed in many points, but I the durability criticism is barking up the wrong tree. There are probably guns as durable, but a pistol that handles 50k rounds or more with just spring changes seems pretty good to me.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Prices are a function of supply and demand. Demand stays high on Glocks due to a number of factors. Used Glocks sell high because they still work, which seems to be the standard excuse for buying a Glock anyway. I can't see paying what they ask for them, new or used, but that's just my micro-demand.

A word on markets. Sometimes price has a demand all its own. There is a bagel and coffee shop called "The Cup" in the Ball State Village. Generic name, fantastic bagels. He's got a cold smoked salmon, chive cream cheese, caper and pickled onion bagel sandwich that will blow your mind. Anyway, the owner told me he used to price his bagels at $1.50. But no one paid much attention to them, and the college kids didn't want them. Then he raised his price to $2.50. Now you won't be able to get one if you don't go early enough. Sometimes people just expect to pay a certain amount for quality, and they won't be satisfied paying less.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Only thing I really don't like about Glocks, is when the owner does some home gunsmithing, and they turn out like the examples below...

ugly-glock.jpg

73d060437ea669369c6fb8a702cbe8b4.jpg

4rdkwj.jpg

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Can someone please tell me why used glocks go for what they do? Don't give me that "they're a awesome gun, they're the ak of the pistol world crap either." I own glocks, I own 1911s I love them both. I'm not a glock hater just the used prices are ridiculous.

Bottom line is you have a plastic injection mold frame, a "square" slide that takes nothing to machine, minimal parts oh and by the way they're not a collectors gun THERE IS MILLIONS out there... Its not like they're in short supply. They shouldn't cost more than $250 new out the door to begin with for what it takes to manufacture them.

So please explain to me why you think your used glock should cost only $50 less than what I can buy them for new..... Can we all please come down off our high horses on these used guns? Please!

Why do Jeeps hold their value?

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Why do Jeeps hold their value?

68E3807C-90F8-419A-9CA6-54CB6900B622.jpg

As a jeep owner.. It really depends on which one you have. Most don’t hold value, the ones that do are the rubicons and the originals but that is if the originals are in good shape. The cj-2a holds it’s because it’s an original (not truly period correct though), the rubicon does because of the front and rear locking diffs and electronic sway bar disconnect. Also upgraded front Dana 44 and suspension. Rubicons are NOT just an appearance package. The yj wrangler not so much. You’ll Find them from a couple hundred to a couple thousand really just depends on what shape it’s in. The new JK wrangler hold there value because it’s there most sold jeep on record. So price driven by demand as so are the glocks. I will add when I bought the rubicon new the rubicon models have literally doubled in price. On the yj I sunk $25k in just parts and 3 years worth of labor in it. Might be able to get $7000 out of it if I did sell it. You may ask why did I put so much money in it? Main reason I can’t stand a vehicle that leaks and/or isn’t mechanically sound. Plus I bought it with intentions to keep tell the day I die.

You can find them all day long for a couple hundred. Still rather spend a couple hundred bucks on another jeep than a used glock. Get a lot more for money I think. I've yet to see a glock go for 1/10 its original market price or less personally. Comparing jeeps to glocks is the same as apples to oranges, that is just my opinion though.

For ones that are wondering why I have so many toys? I’m not married and no kids.

prenup will have 3 words. Guns, Tools and jeeps. (That’s a little inside joke with my buddies)

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well, when you buy a run of the mill 1911 that is exactly what you get.....:):

The first pistol I bought was a Taurus 1911. I've owned a sig, an STI, and a Springfield... I still own my run off the mill cz75. I just don't connect with the 1911 like theolder generation. Maybe I need to get my hands on one and let allenm have his way with it. I like the CZ for nostalgia and the Glock for it's utility.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Only thing I really don't like about Glocks, is when the owner does some home gunsmithing, and they turn out like the examples below...

ugly-glock.jpg

73d060437ea669369c6fb8a702cbe8b4.jpg

4rdkwj.jpg
    Actually, the “finish” in the second pic is something people pay money for, I’ve seen it on several different websites from different G custom shops.

Top Bottom