• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boba fett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Glock has the corner on the after market field.....everyone knows a GLock will run and run and run. parts are easily available and cheap. Upgrades are easy and you can do them yourself. Glock has over 30 years here in the US market, they know who to sell to and how to market. Now, that being said, some people are ridiculous with their used prices on a Glock. For instance, someone on another site was asking $550 for a G3 G19, my LGS has those new at $400! But, some ignorant person will buy the used one at over five-hundred. I don't know why some people think to rip others off.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do not believe that G**** has the best after market. They do have a solid one of course but not the best.
    Advantage with a G**** is the only company actually making one is of course G****. This allows for spec to remain close and the after market to service it.

Buy what you like. Run it as often as you can. Be the best you can be with it.
    And always be safe. Dont be "That guy"

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I do not believe that G**** has the best after market. They do have a solid one of course but not the best.
    Advantage with a G**** is the only company actually making one is of course G****. This allows for spec to remain close and the after market to service it.

Buy what you like. Run it as often as you can. Be the best you can be with it.
    And always be safe. Dont be "That guy"

I think you're right sir, 1911s have a bigger aftermarket. I did just put an s3f match threaded barrel in my old g19, I stalled a green fo front sight that's narrower, duracoated the frame OD green, new recoil spring. Shoots real nice and I was just freshening it up for fun really, the factory barrel is fine I'm sure at 5k rounds.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Another reason I traded for the 19 was I could use the mags in an AR, but now it will be the PC Carbine. Other than that to me its just a tool that works. I'm more into watching the 3rd gen S&W semi autos I own go up in value.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think you're right sir, 1911s have a bigger aftermarket. I did just put an s3f match threaded barrel in my old g19, I stalled a green fo front sight that's narrower, duracoated the frame OD green, new recoil spring. Shoots real nice and I was just freshening it up for fun really, the factory barrel is fine I'm sure at 5k rounds.

Precisely. I was not going to stir up the faithful in regards to my platform of choice.
    It is truth that a lot of the G**** aftermarket parts are actually drop ins due to the fact as mentioned. Only G**** makes G**** so the spec holds the line. An obvious plus for the part time tinkerer.
    Every body and their dogs makes a 1911 or 1911-ish pistol these days. Spec can be brutal when fitting up after market pieces which keeps the part time tinkerer from getting to deep in the process. It also keeps many out due to the costs involved.

I love Harley's and 1911's so that pretty much explains it all.....:):

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Precisely. I was not going to stir up the faithful in regards to my platform of choice.
    It is truth that a lot of the G**** aftermarket parts are actually drop ins due to the fact as mentioned. Only G**** makes G**** so the spec holds the line. An obvious plus for the part time tinkerer.
    Every body and their dogs makes a 1911 or 1911-ish pistol these days. Spec can be brutal when fitting up after market pieces which keeps the part time tinkerer from getting to deep in the process. It also keeps many out due to the costs involved.

I love Harley's and 1911's so that pretty much explains it all.....:):
    Jesus carries a Glock 19, just sayin’! John Moses Browning does too!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just came in from the shop. Thought I would see if Vigilant had responded.......:):

Ha! It's good to know you can count on certain members for a reply.
    I usually throw one or two one liners out in the political section and bet on which one of a couple members will respond first. Gotta love ingo lol. Atleast we can provide each other with entertainment. Life's too short not to have fun

Top Bottom