• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Bellow is an article detailing various glock clones and other alternatives to the classic. I was primarily curious if anyone has any experience with them and if so which ones would you recommend or advise against purchasing

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Most clones seem to come with a pile of excuses about reliability. I've shot offerings from Shadow Systems, Zev, and the Dagger and none of them can make it an entire range day without failures.

If you're looking for a range toy and want to practice malfunctions, I guess they're a good option. Is Glock my favorite? No. Do I carry one? Yes.

trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    I agree, many vastly superior and a much better price to glock. walter's guns for the money are some of the highest quality for the money. sig's are great guns but too high of a price. on guns, price on most guns does not mean it's as high of quality as it is just an over priced gun. canik makes the highest quality of gun for the dollars spent an they rob their design from walter, then add their own upgrades. you have to really look for badly made guns to actually find them. stay above $300 and your fine.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    E72C3136-24C1-46C9-B6D4-48FDD2639F61.jpeg I’ve not had a single problem out of the daggers. Feels better than Glock shoots the same. Half the price. I don’t carry mine but would not have a problem doing so. I’ve not had any of the other clones. Like mentioned above a lot of good companies make competitors that probably are far superior to the Glock. Cz p10c is one thst comes to mind first for me

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Shadow systems are well engineered and IMO an improvement over a Glock in some respects but expensive.. I have a Shadow systems SR 920 (for sale in the classies now) and other than my preference for a different trigger a great pistol.. A couple hundred rounds through it without a malfunction.
    I've never owned a LoneWolf but I have seen people at the range with them have functional problems so I have no interest in one..
    Zev, like the Shadow systems is a quality piece but again very expensive and grossly over priced IMO. I did own one for a short time and have used their slides in builds but consider them cosmetically flashy but mechanically average.
    PSA Dagger, again IMO, is the most gun for the money in a a striker fired pistol on the market. I put several hundred rounds through a compact dagger and when the full size frame was introduced I transitioned to that frame. I have about 1000 rounds through a combination of 3 Daggers without a mechanical failure.. I trust them enough to carry on every day after carrying Glocks for many years.
    Parabellum in Avon just restocked their Dagger supply and they also have one on the rental wall. If you are interested in one stop by and see them. By the time you pay shipping from PSA and a transfer fee I think you will find you can get one about as cheap from Parabellum without the 10 day wait.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    NHT3 let me shoot one of his Daggers the other day and It was a nice shooting pistol with a better feeling trigger and more comfortable grip than a glock. Long term reliability, I don't have any first hand experience with but hear good things.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    Nothing wrong with a G19, I have 2 of them. There are less expensive options for people who can't afford or don't want to spend that much. Some also don't like the blocky grip on glocks but like them otherwise.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Bellow is an article detailing various glock clones and other alternatives to the classic. I was primarily curious if anyone has any experience with them and if so which ones would you recommend or advise against purchasing
    My Glock alternatives.
    20210713_110818.jpg
    20200731_053951.png
    20210720_190606.jpg

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The dagger triggers are garbage IMO but the grip angle and feel is worlds better than the glock (for me). Once I swapped the trigger it was awesome.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Never been a Glock fan or a GucciGlock guy. Not that there's anything wrong with them. If anything, they're a victim of their own success. I buy interesting guns, and they're not interesting.

TP9 is probably the most impressive Glock alternative I have personal experience with, especially at the olden days sub-$300 price. Most of my guns are hammer fired nowadays and I don't really consider them 1:1 Glock alternatives.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’ve had stock Glock triggers and stock dagger trigger in mine. Kind of go back and forth. It seems most people thst bash the stock trigger never even used it and / or have no idea what a nice trigger is. I spend a lot of time on groups dedicated just for the dagger and get a lot of great information but a lot of idiots that just spread what their heard from their friends uncle kind of stuff

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you want a Glock, get a Glock.
    If you want a Glock, but can't afford one, get a PSA Dagger.
    If you want an excellent alternative to a Glock or Glock clone for PSA Dagger money...

$349.99 after rebate:

MnP9.jpg

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I’ve had stock Glock triggers and stock dagger trigger in mine. Kind of go back and forth. It seems most people thst bash the stock trigger never even used it and / or have no idea what a nice trigger is. I spend a lot of time on groups dedicated just for the dagger and get a lot of great information but a lot of idiots that just spread what their heard from their friends uncle kind of stuff

I just checked and I ended up putting an OEM glock trigger in mine. I farted around with the dagger trigger trying to improve it but it wasn't worth it. Mine had a terrible pull and wouldn't even break every time you pulled the trigger. It was a sponge. Maybe they have improved them by now but it was the only gun I have ever bought that had those kinds of problems right out of the box.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If you want a Glock, get a Glock.
    If you want a Glock, but can't afford one, get a PSA Dagger.
    If you want an excellent alternative to a Glock or Glock clone for PSA Dagger money...

$349.99 after rebate:

View attachment 249527

I love the m&p line. I just ordered an fde compact to take advantage of the rebate. Since we are talking triggers, I don't understand why the shield 2.0 triggers are so nice but the compact and full size 2.0s have such a gritty pull. I think it is the plunger but haven't gotten around to messing with them yet.

Top Bottom