• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I love the m&p line. I just ordered an fde compact to take advantage of the rebate. Since we are talking triggers, I don't understand why the shield 2.0 triggers are so nice but the compact and full size 2.0s have such a gritty pull. I think it is the plunger but haven't gotten around to messing with them yet.

IMHO the Shield like has always had the best triggers, i remember in 2013~ when the Shield came out it had a noticably better trigger pull than my M&P 1.0 (that gun legitimately sucks), the frames also had enough flex in the 1.0 M&P's the slide would go forward when a fresh magazine was inserted.

Back on thread

If you want a Glock buy a Glock , nothing wrong at all with current Gen 5 offerings minus the bad MOS system IMHO. A relative of mine picked up a Zev OZ9 and to be totally honest it was a piece of crap, tons of failures to feed the first 1,500 rounds and a trip back to Zev (not an uncommon issue if you search).

Then as others have mentioned in this thread the triggers in the Dagger are even worse than a stock Glock trigger so there is another $100~ added to the price. But at the same time when you buy a Glock brand Glock you have to drop $100~ extra anyway to get actually decent iron sights.

The only thing I would do to a Glock is have it direct milled for optics, add in a Agency Arms trigger , optic of choice and call it a day.

If you want something else non Glock, the SIG P320/365 family is awesome and covers all handgun needs.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’ve had stock Glock triggers and stock dagger trigger in mine. Kind of go back and forth. It seems most people thst bash the stock trigger never even used it and / or have no idea what a nice trigger is. I spend a lot of time on groups dedicated just for the dagger and get a lot of great information but a lot of idiots that just spread what their heard from their friends uncle kind of stuff

I can without a doubt say the Glock trigger sucks, from experience. My first handgun was a G19 gen 3. I shot and carried it for a couple of years. While I owned it, I also bought a G26 and G34. I shot the G34 in IDPA for a couple of summers. As I started to grow my gun collection, I noticed that the Glock triggers and ergonomics were some of the worst of all the guns I owned. Bought a Walther PPQ and loved it, then later a Canik TP9 series gun. The triggers were so much better than the trigger in the Glock it isn't even funny. Glock trigger just doesn't work for me. Then I got into 1911's and hammer fired CZ's and eventually settled on my CZ P10C OR that I've carried the last few years. It had a much better trigger out of the box than any Glock, as well as better ergos, better grip texture, better sights and is just as durable and reliable. I think Glock has sat on it's laurels a bit too long and needs to actually innovate. If you like Glock, super, but if you think Glocks are "perfection" you haven't shot enough guns... ;)

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've got a Shadow Systems MR920 that has a couple thousand rounds + through it (80% in classes) and haven't had a problem with it at all. Shot the 200 rounds of factory ammo through it per Shadow's recommendation and it hasn't blinked since. Steel case, reloads, 115, 124, 147, suppressed. YMMV

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I would like to try out the Alfa Foxtrot AF-C version...but the grip angle might be a bit off?
    Or the Lone Wolf LTD-19 V2...having shaved off 5 oz from a standard Glock 19?
    Alfa Foxtrot's 1911 S15 model would be interesting to try out too...at least for fun!
    I do prefer the Glock platform, but the best thing I ever did to a Glock was upgrade the trigger...

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If you want something else non-Glock, the SIG P320/365 family is awesome and covers all handgun needs.
    Except for the grip angle...I can't stand the SIG 320 / 365 grip angle...it just doesn't work for me!!!
    I grew up shooting SA revolvers and the SIG 320 platform is not a natural shooting grip position for me and does not fit into the muscle-memory compatibility part of the grip...and why force a bad thing when other things fit 'naturally' and are much more comfortable?
    Keeping in mind that platform's grip 'comfort' and 'natural-sightline' are key components for developing solid shooting skills.
    I've shot a SIG 320 Compact...it's a great pistol...but it's not 'great' for everyone!

Last edited:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Alternatives? To Glock. You have got to be kidding! My G21 hold more ammo, has less felt/noticeable recoil, and holds more rounds than most/all? other 45 ACP handguns. It is also easier to put those rounds where I want them, quickly, than with any 1911 I've ever owned (admittedly all El-Cheap-Os). The only thing I don't like about the G21 is that stupid little useless dongle on the trigger. I've consider gluing it down, but I know some nutjob DA would have a field day with that. Alternatives to 45 ACP? List of adequate susbtitutes:: .

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    IMHO the Shield like has always had the best triggers, i remember in 2013~ when the Shield came out it had a noticably better trigger pull than my M&P 1.0 (that gun legitimately sucks), the frames also had enough flex in the 1.0 M&P's the slide would go forward when a fresh magazine was inserted.

Back on thread

If you want a Glock buy a Glock , nothing wrong at all with current Gen 5 offerings minus the bad MOS system IMHO. A relative of mine picked up a Zev OZ9 and to be totally honest it was a piece of crap, tons of failures to feed the first 1,500 rounds and a trip back to Zev (not an uncommon issue if you search).

Then as others have mentioned in this thread the triggers in the Dagger are even worse than a stock Glock trigger so there is another $100~ added to the price. But at the same time when you buy a Glock brand Glock you have to drop $100~ extra anyway to get actually decent iron sights.

The only thing I would do to a Glock is have it direct milled for optics, add in a Agency Arms trigger , optic of choice and call it a day.

If you want something else non Glock, the SIG P320/365 family is awesome and covers all handgun needs.
    Have you shot a Canik TP series?
    If so what do you think of their triggers.
    My understanding the newer models have better triggers than the older models.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Have you shot a Canik TP series?
    If so what do you think of their triggers.
    My understanding the newer models have better triggers than the older models.

i have an elite combat and it does have a stellar trigger. I haven't shot mine much because magazine availability was such a problem that I eventually stopped trying and just moved on. I think they are more available now.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In a class of 80 self-defense instructors, 50% carried glocks, 25% S&W, 25% all others. Speaks volumes.

Wonder what the student breakdown is on this?

Seems like I remember Ken Hackathorn (infamous 1911 instructor,) referencing having to run a Glock in class, due to the lionshare of students training with them?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Why buy a clone when you can have the fantastic do-it-all original Glock 19?
    I personally feel like the public perception of glock (i.e. their recognizability, capacity to be accessorized, etc.) has led to them being perhaps the single most overpriced brand of pistol on the market today. This is not to say that they are not quality guns however. On the contrary, I was converted into a fan of glock after many years of being put off by their blocky appearance and polymer construction. Their reliability and out of the box accuracy is fantastic. It does just seem somewhat ridiculous to me that people are listing g17's and 19's for well over $500/$600 and they are selling! I am sorry but if I am going to spend close to $1000 on any sort of 9mm I am going to gravitate towards something like an HK, Kimber or something along those lines. Attached is a link to cabalas Kimber compact 9mm pistol to demonstrate my point.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Speaking only from my personal experience of course it would appear that the PSA dagger is the most valuable "clone" in the way I intended to use the term on the basis that many of the parts are interchangeable and the dagger accepts glock magazines (which are also compatible with many PCCs which is also worth mentioning).

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I personally feel like the public perception of glock (i.e. their recognizability, capacity to be accessorized, etc.) has led to them being perhaps the single most overpriced brand of pistol on the market today. This is not to say that they are not quality guns however. On the contrary, I was converted into a fan of glock after many years of being put off by their blocky appearance and polymer construction. Their reliability and out of the box accuracy is fantastic. It does just seem somewhat ridiculous to me that people are listing g17's and 19's for well over $500/$600 and they are selling!

I don't understand that since they are under $400 new (plus tax).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I personally feel like the public perception of glock (i.e. their recognizability, capacity to be accessorized, etc.) has led to them being perhaps the single most overpriced brand of pistol on the market today. This is not to say that they are not quality guns however. On the contrary, I was converted into a fan of glock after many years of being put off by their blocky appearance and polymer construction. Their reliability and out of the box accuracy is fantastic. It does just seem somewhat ridiculous to me that people are listing g17's and 19's for well over $500/$600 and they are selling! I am sorry but if I am going to spend close to $1000 on any sort of 9mm I am going to gravitate towards something like an HK, Kimber or something along those lines. Attached is a link to cabalas Kimber compact 9mm pistol to demonstrate my point.
    For my own EDC, I’d take a Gen 5 G19 over anything that Kimber or HK offers in the same price range. Not that they offer much at around $500-$550 or so.

Must be new math, because I’m not seeing how $500 or $600 is a close to $1000, either.

Top Bottom