Lawrence County
    So...Is this our boy?

Glock_43.jpg

bmiley1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    After the SHOT show and the announcement of their new weapons, I would be surprised if they would be releasing a new one now. I will believe it when I see it.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    God, I hope it's a single stack 9mm. Mainly so people will stop asking for it and stop talking about the "what if's" in their posts...
    that gun would pretty well round out Glock's stable of guns.

I would definitely buy one.

I hope they decide to make a G21S slim slide 45acp. that would be cool

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Think the gen 4's don't see the issue because of the revamped recoil spring causing the frame to flex less, and therefore not binding due to the frame/rail mounted light?

Guys... the 4s are still having issues. These are not problems we made up. The recoil spring was supposed to fix the problem, but it hasn't completely fixed it. Google it. We also have the issue with brass in the face and random ejection patterns.

Anyways, I didn't mean to derail the thread. But a single stack 9mm makes too much sense for Glock to actually do it soon. :)

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    We had a few issues with some Gen 3 the 4s are running well with the TLR1 that get issued with them. We go through 700,000 or so .40 rounds a year. If it was going g to be an issue, we'll see it.

When did you guys switch over? Ours and others in the area had 4s from 2011/2012 and they have been nothing but problems. Some work, others don't. Many of them have seen trips back to Glock for rebuilds and still won't work. ISP had intermittent issues with their Gen 4s also.

Apparently the G4 G23 was the biggest problem pistol and that is what we issue. I will admit that many G22s I've seen seem to still function pretty well with the light attached.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Guys... the 4s are still having issues. These are not problems we made up. The recoil spring was supposed to fix the problem, but it hasn't completely fixed it. Google it. We also have the issue with brass in the face and random ejection patterns.

Anyways, I didn't mean to derail the thread. But a single stack 9mm makes too much sense for Glock to actually do it soon. :)

The brass to the face happens in Gen 3s as well. I've seen a Gen 3 spit brass like a sprinkler. It is not specific to the Gen 4, but that was not the issue that was mentioned. The issue mentioned was the use of the light on the rail on the .40 caliber pistols, which was a problem that has been floating around for a while.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    When did you guys switch over? Ours and others in the area had 4s from 2011/2012 and they have been nothing but problems. Some work, others don't. Many of them have seen trips back to Glock for rebuilds and still won't work. ISP had intermittent issues with their Gen 4s also.

Apparently the G4 G23 was the biggest problem pistol and that is what we issue. I will admit that many G22s I've seen seem to still function pretty well with the light attached.
    I think it was 2012ish.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have a gen3 19 that has been spitting rounds at my face and has burned my wifes upper lady parts. It's been to glock 3 times. It hasn't had a failure to feed, and a single stovepipe before the 3rd trip. Before I sent it in last time, hornady SD ammo was actually ejecting at 12 oclock. Went back out to the range after the last trip to glock, and it's still dropping brass everywhere. I'm considering one last trip to glock or contacting them for replacement. I absolutely loved the gun when it was functioning, but around the 2k mark it started acting like a POS.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a gen3 19 that has been spitting rounds at my face and has burned my wifes upper lady parts. It's been to glock 3 times. It hasn't had a failure to feed, and a single stovepipe before the 3rd trip. Before I sent it in last time, hornady SD ammo was actually ejecting at 12 oclock. Went back out to the range after the last trip to glock, and it's still dropping brass everywhere. I'm considering one last trip to glock or contacting them for replacement. I absolutely loved the gun when it was functioning, but around the 2k mark it started acting like a POS.

You might look into the Apex extractor https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191891 I did not need to go that route, but I believe my brother down in FL went that route when he was seeing similar issues. I put a Gen 4 Glock ejector (Glock 30274 Ejector) & [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Spring Load Bearing for Glock Model 17, 19, 26 and 34 - Glock Item # SP01176 [/FONT]into my Gen 3, but my issues were not as severe as his were.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You might look into the Apex extractor https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191891 I did not need to go that route, but I believe my brother down in FL went that route when he was seeing similar issues. I put a Gen 4 Glock ejector (Glock 30274 Ejector) & Spring Load Bearing for Glock Model 17, 19, 26 and 34 - Glock Item # SP01176 into my Gen 3, but my issues were not as severe as his were.

Yeah, it's frustrating because to me it means that something is out of spec, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the extractor cut/channel in the slide.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Would someone be kind enough to explain for us newbies the benefits of the single stack. How many shells will it hold?

The specific aspect of the size, to me, was width. I carried a G19 IWB and found it too uncomfortable. Bought a Shield 9mm, which is slightly thinner and it is a lot more comfortable for me to carry. I don't care if Glock comes out with a SS 9mm or not, as I don't see replacing my Shield.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah, it's frustrating because to me it means that something is out of spec, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the extractor cut/channel in the slide.

I'm guessing that as well, but the Apex extractor and the gen 4 ejector may fix you up. Not a guarantee. My brother was seeing the same, and he & I both have plenty of other Glock without the issue, so it I not grip/stance, or anything else shooter related.

Top Bottom